- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Ophthalmology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 518479, 5 pages
Simple, Inexpensive Technique for High-Quality Smartphone Fundus Photography in Human and Animal Eyes
Retina Service, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, and Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, 243 Charles Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Received 8 June 2013; Accepted 18 August 2013
Academic Editor: Gennady Landa
Copyright © 2013 Luis J. Haddock et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [31 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Steven Pennock, Luis J. Haddock, Shizuo Mukai, and Andrius Kazlauskas, “Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Acts Primarily via Platelet-Derived Growth Factor Receptor α to Promote Proliferative Vitreoretinopathy,” The American Journal of Pathology, 2014.
- Michael Yen, Somsanguan Ausayakhun, Jenny Chen, Sakarin Ausayakhun, Choeng Jirawison, David Heiden, Gary N. Holland, Todd P. Margolis, and Jeremy D. Keenan, “Telemedic:ne Diagnosis of Cytomegalovirus Retinitis by Nonophthalmologists,” Jama Ophthalmology, vol. 132, no. 9, pp. 1052–1058, 2014.
- Mahesh P. Shanmugam, Mishra K. C. Divyansh, R. Madhukumar, Rajesh Ramanjulu, Srinivasulu Y. Reddy, and Gladys Rodrigues, “Fundus imaging with a mobile phone: A review of techniques,” Indian Journal Of Ophthalmology, vol. 62, no. 9, pp. 960–962, 2014.
- Myutan Kulendran, Marcus Lim, Georgia Laws, Andre Chow, Jean Nehme, Ara Darzi, and Sanjay Purkayastha, “Surgical Smartphone Applications Across Different Platforms: Their Evolution, Uses, and Users,” Surgical Innovation, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 427–440, 2014.
- P. Mahesh Shanmugam, Divyansh Mishra, and Rajesh Ramanjulu, “To the Editor,” Retina, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. e6–e7, 2014.
- Andrea Russo, Francesco Morescalchi, Ciro Costagliola, Luisa Delcassi, and Francesco Semeraro, “Comparison of Smartphone Ophthalmoscopy with Slit-lamp Biomicroscopy for Grading Diabetic Retinopathy,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, 2014.
- Nigel M Bolster, Mario E Giardini, Iain AT Livingstone, and Andrew Bastawrous, “How the smartphone is driving the eye-health imaging revolution,” Expert Review of Ophthalmology, pp. 1–11, 2014.
- Simon Juric, Vojko Flis, Matjaz Debevc, Andreas Holzinger, and Borut Zalik, “Towards a Low-Cost Mobile Subcutaneous Vein Detection Solution Using Near-Infrared Spectroscopy,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2014, pp. 1–15, 2014.
- Rajiv Raman, Sangeetha Srinivasan, and Rupak Roy, “Screening practices for diabetic retinopathy,” Expert Review of Ophthalmology, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 519–521, 2015.
- C. Seruca, and R. Lowe, “Equine ophthalmic examination: Routine diagnostic techniques,” Equine Veterinary Education, 2015.
- Mahesh P. Shanmugam, Divyansh Kailash Chandra Mishra, R. Rajesh, and R. Madhukumar, “Unconventional techniques of fundus imaging: A review,” Indian Journal Of Ophthalmology, vol. 63, no. 7, pp. 582–585, 2015.
- Murtaza K. Adam, Christopher J. Brady, Alexis M. Flowers, Alexander T. Juhn, Jason Hsu, Sunir J. Garg, Ann P. Murchison, and Marc J. Spirn, “Quality and Diagnostic Utility of Mydriatic Smartphone Photography: The Smartphone Ophthalmoscopy Reliability Trial,” Ophthalmic Surgery, Lasers and Imaging Retina, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 631–637, 2015.
- Sheng Chiong Hong, “3D printable retinal imaging adapter for smartphones could go global,” Graefe's Archive for Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology, vol. 253, no. 10, pp. 1831–1833, 2015.
- Giuseppe Colicchia, and Hartmut Wiesner, “Looking into the Eye with a Smartphone,” The Physics Teacher, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 106–108, 2015.
- Mohammad Javed Ali, Subhadra Jalali, and Jay Chhablani, “Wide-field Digital Ophthalmic Imaging in Infants using Nasal Endoscopic System,” The Indian Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 83, no. 7, pp. 645–649, 2015.
- Philipp Roberts, Sebastian M Waldstein, and Ursula Schmidt-Erfurth, “A focus on the imaging of the retina,” Expert Review of Ophthalmology, pp. 1–17, 2015.
- Martha E. Ryan, Ramachandran Rajalakshmi, Vijayaraghavan Prathiba, Ranjit Mohan Anjana, Harish Ranjani, K. M. Venkat Narayan, Timothy W. Olsen, Viswanathan Mohan, Laura A. Ward, Michael J. Lynn, and Andrew M. Hendrick, “Comparison Among Methods of Retinopathy Assessment (CAMRA) Study Smartphone, Nonmydriatic, and Mydriatic Photography,” Ophthalmology, vol. 122, no. 10, pp. 2038–2043, 2015.
- Andrea Russo, Francesco Morescalchi, Ciro Costagliola, Luisa Delcassi, and Francesco Semeraro, “A Novel Device to Exploit the Smartphone Camera for Fundus Photography,” Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 2015, pp. 1–5, 2015.
- Bridgette Jeanne Billioux, Bryan Smith, and Avindra Nath, “Neurological Complications of Ebola Virus Infection,” Neurotherapeutics, 2016.
- Nobuyuki Kanemaki, Mizuho Inaniwa, Kunihiko Terakado, Shinpei Kawarai, and Yoichiro Ichikawa, “Fundus photography with a smartphone in indirect ophthalmoscopy in dogs and cats,” Veterinary Ophthalmology, 2016.
- Devrim Toslak, Damber Thapa, Yanjun Chen, Muhammet Kazim Erol, R. V. Paul Chan, and Xincheng Yao, “Trans-palpebral illumination: an approach for wide-angle fundus photography without the need for pupil dilation,” Optics Letters, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 2688, 2016.
- Maximilian Sandholzer, Tobias Deutsch, Thomas Frese, and Alfred Winter, “Medical students’ attitudes and wishes towards extending an educational general practice app to be suitable for practice: A cross-sectional survey from Leipzig, Germany,” European Journal of General Practice, pp. 1–6, 2016.
- Nishtha Panwar, Philemon Huang, Jiaying Lee, Pearse A. Keane, Tjin Swee Chuan, Ashutosh Richhariya, Stephen Teoh, Tock Han Lim, and Rupesh Agrawal, “Fundus Photography in the 21st Century-A Review of Recent Technological Advances and Their Implications for Worldwide Healthcare,” Telemedicine And E-Health, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 198–208, 2016.
- Cassie A. Ludwig, Somasheila I. Murthy, Rajeev R. Pappuru, Alexandre Jais, David J. Myung, and Robert T. Chang, “A novel smartphone ophthalmic imaging adapter: User feasibility studies in Hyderabad, India,” Indian Journal Of Ophthalmology, vol. 64, no. 3, pp. 191–200, 2016.
- Murtaza K. Adam, Weston Aenchbacher, Timothy Kurzweg, and Jason Hsu, “Plenoptic Ophthalmoscopy: A Novel Imaging Technique,” Ophthalmic Surgery, Lasers and Imaging Retina, vol. 47, no. 11, pp. 1038–1043, 2016.
- Delia Cabrera DeBuc, “The Role of Retinal Imaging and Portable Screening Devices in Tele-ophthalmology Applications for Diabetic Retinopathy Management,” Current Diabetes Reports, vol. 16, no. 12, 2016.
- Renátó Besenczi, János Tóth, and András Hajdu, “A Review on Automatic Analysis Techniques for Color Fundus Photographs,” Computational and Structural Biotechnology Journal, 2016.
- Patrick E. Lantz, Candace H. Schoppe, Kirk L. Thibault, and William T. Porter, “Smartphone Image Acquisition During Postmortem Monocular Indirect Ophthalmoscopy,” Journal Of Forensic Sciences, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 238–240, 2016.
- Tunji S. Oluleye, Adekunle Rotimi-Samuel, and Adetunji Adenekan, “Mobile phones for retinopathy of prematurity screening in Lagos, Nigeria, sub-Saharan Africa,” European Journal Of Ophthalmology, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 92–94, 2016.
- Olivier Balland, Andrea Russo, Pierre-François Isard, Iona Mathieson, Francesco Semeraro, and Thomas Dulaurent, “Assessment of a smartphone-based camera for fundus imaging in animals,” Veterinary Ophthalmology, 2016.
- K Gallagher, S Jain, and N Okhravi, “Making and viewing stereoscopic surgical videos with smartphones and virtual reality headset,” Eye, 2016.