- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Sensors
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 728936, 18 pages
Wave Observations from Central California: SeaSonde Systems and In Situ Wave Buoys
1CODAR Ocean Sensors Ltd., 1914 Plymouth St, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
2Bodega Marine Laboratory, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
3Romberg Tiburon Center, San Francisco State University, Tiburon, CA 94132, USA
Received 28 May 2011; Revised 28 October 2011; Accepted 28 October 2011
Academic Editor: Andrea Cusano
Copyright © 2011 Regan M. Long et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. E. Barrick, M. W. Evans, and B. L. Weber, “Ocean surface currents mapped by radar,” Science, vol. 198, no. 4313, pp. 138–144, 1977.
- D. E. Barrick, “Remote sensing of sea state by radar,” in Remote Sensing of the Troposphere, V. E. Derr, Ed., chapter 12, NOAA/Environmental Research Laboratories, Boulder, Colo, USA, 1972.
- D. E. Barrick, “Extraction of wave parameters from measured HF radar sea-echo Doppler spectra,” Radio Science, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 415–424, 1977.
- L. R. Wyatt, “Limits to the inversion of HF radar backscatter for ocean wave measurement,” Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 1651–1666, 2000.
- W. C. O'Reilly, R. J. Seymour, R. T. Guza, and D. Castel, “Wave monitoring in the southern California Bight,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Symposium on Ocean Wave Measurement and Analysis, pp. 448–457, New Orleans, La, USA, July 1993.
- L. R. Wyatt, J. J. Green, and A. Middleditch, “Signal sampling impacts on HF radar wave measurement,” Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 793–805, 2009.
- B. Kinsman, Wind Waves, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1965.
- B. Lipa and B. Nyden, “Directional wave information from the SeaSonde,” IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 221–231, 2005.
- D. E. Barrick, “Accuracy of parameter extraction from sample-averaged sea-echo Doppler spectra,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. AP-28, no. 1, pp. 1–11, 1980.