- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mediators of Inflammation
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 928123, 6 pages
Sterile Endophthalmitis after Intravitreal Injections
1Retina and Vitreous Unit, Instituto Oftlamológico Gómez-Ulla, 15705 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
2Department of Ophthalmology, Second University of Naples, 81100 Naples, Italy
3Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital Complex of Santiago de Compostela, 15706 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Received 1 July 2012; Accepted 7 August 2012
Academic Editor: Mario R. Romano
Copyright © 2012 Joaquín Marticorena et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [19 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Sriparna Basu, Ashok Kumar, Kanika Kapoor, Narendra Kumar Bagri, and Abhishek Chandra, “Neonatal Endogenous Endophthalmitis: A Report of Six Cases,” Pediatrics, vol. 131, no. 4, pp. E1292–E1297, 2013.
- Joaquin Marticorena, Vito Romano, and Francisco Gomez-Ulla, “Sterile Endophthalmitis after Intravitreal Injections (vol 2012, 928123, 2012),” Mediators Of Inflammation, 2013.
- Frank Holz, Jordi Mones, Giuseppe Querques, Paulo Stanga, Daniele Veritti, Fabio Barbone, Silvio Brusaferro, and Miriam Isola, “Intravitreal Injections: A Healthcare Failure Modes and Effects Analysis,” Ophthalmologica, vol. 230, no. 3, pp. 151–164, 2013.
- Jang Won Seo, and Yoon Hyung Kwon, “A Case of Acute Anterior Uveitis Associated with HLA-B27 Positivity after Intravitreal Injection of Bevacizumab,” Journal of the Korean Ophthalmological Society, vol. 54, no. 12, pp. 1945, 2013.
- Sumit Sharma, and Prithvi Mruthyunjaya, “Corticosteroids for the Treatment of Diabetic Macular Edema,” Current Ophthalmology Reports, 2014.
- Nakhleh E. Abu-Yaghi, Ahmed N. Shokry, and Rami H. Abu-Sbeit, “Bilateral same-session intravitreal injections of anti-vascular endothelial growth factors,” International Journal Of Ophthalmology, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 1017–1021, 2014.
- K Liu, F Fang, and H Li, “Reliability of vitreous histological detection of pathogenic fungi in the diagnosis of fungal endophthalmitis,” Eye, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 424–427, 2014.
- Scott M. Whitcup, and Michael R. Robinson, “Development of a dexamethasone intravitreal implant for the treatment of noninfectious posterior segment uveitis,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 2015.
- Jared E Knickelbein, Laurence Jaworski, Jesia Hasan, Padmini Kaushal, H Nida Sen, and Robert B Nussenblatt, “Therapeutic options for the treatment of non-infectious uveitis,” Expert Review of Ophthalmology, pp. 1–15, 2015.
- Howard F. Fine, Greg D. Despotidis, and Jonathan L. Prenner, “Ocular inflammation associated with antivascular endothelial growth factor treatment,” Current Opinion in Ophthalmology, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 184–187, 2015.
- Howard F. Fine, Daniel B. Roth, Sumit P. Shah, Tahia Haque, and H. Matthew Wheatley, “Frequency And Characteristics Of Intraocular Inflammation After Aflibercept Injection,” Retina, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 681–686, 2015.
- Diogo Sousa-Martins, Luciano Caseli, Mafalda C. Figueiredo, Claudia Sa e Cunha, Helder Mota-Filipe, Acacio Souza-Lima, Rubens Belfort, Eduardo Rodrigues, and Mauricio Maia, “Comparing the Mode of Action of Intraocular Lutein-Based Dyes With Synthetic Dyes,” Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 1993–2000, 2015.
- Wendi S. Lambert, Brian J. Carlson, Alice E. van der Ende, Grace Shih, Julia N. Dobish, David J. Calkins, and Eva Harth, “Nanosponge-Mediated Drug Delivery Lowers Intraocular Pressure,” Translational Vision Science & Technology, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 1, 2015.
- Timothy Y. Y. Lai, Shu Liu, Sudipta Das, and Dennis S. C. Lam, “Intravitreal Injection—Technique and Safety,” Asia-Pacific Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 321–328, 2015.
- Ju Young Kim, Yong Sung You, Oh Woong Kwon, and Soon Hyun Kim, “Sterile Inflammation after Intravitreal Injection of Aflibercept in a Korean Population,” Korean Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 325, 2015.
- Igor Khalin, Renad Alyautdin, Ganna Kocherga, and Muhamad Abu Bakar, “Targeted delivery of brain-derived neurotrophic factor for the treatment of blindness and deafness,” International Journal Of Nanomedicine, vol. 10, pp. 3245–3267, 2015.
- Morteza Entezari, Saeed Karimi, Hamid Ahmadieh, Amir Hossein Mahmoudi, Hamid Parhizgar, and Mehdi Yaseri, “A Large Outbreak of Fulminant Bacterial Endophthalmitis after Intravitreal Injection of Counterfeit Bevacizumab,” Graefe's Archive for Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology, 2016.
- Mehrdad Afarid, Mohammad Torabi-Nami, and Bijan Zare, “Neuroprotective and restorative effects of the brain-derived neurotrophic factor in retinal diseases,” Journal of the Neurological Sciences, vol. 363, pp. 43–50, 2016.
- Sibel Demirel, Serdar Bilici, Figen Batioglu, and Emin Ozmert, “Is There Any Difference between Ranibizumab and Aflibercept Injections in Terms of Inflammation Measured with Anterior Chamber Flare Levels in Age-Rel,” Ophthalmic Research, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 35–40, 2016.