- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 914564, 14 pages
Determining Neighborhoods of Image Pixels Automatically for Adaptive Image Denoising Using Nonlinear Time Series Analysis
1Key Laboratory of Land Resources Evaluation and Monitoring of Southwest, Sichuan Normal University, Ministry of Education, Chengdu 610068, Sichuan, China
2School of Automation Engineering, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Chengdu 610054, Sichuan, China
3Institute of Medical Information and Technology, School of Biomedical Engineering, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Received 30 January 2010; Accepted 20 March 2010
Academic Editor: Ming Li
Copyright © 2010 Zhiwu Liao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Weiner, Extrapolation, Interpolation, and Smoothing of Stationary Time Series, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1949.
- L. Şendur and I. W. Selesnick, “Bivariate shrinkage with local variance estimation,” IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 9, no. 12, pp. 438–441, 2002.
- M. Mignotte, “Image denoising by averaging of piecewise constant simulations of image partitions,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 523–533, 2007.
- Z. Dengwen and C. Wengang, “Image denoising with an optimal threshold and neighbouring window,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 29, no. 11, pp. 1694–1697, 2008.
- D. Coupier, A. Desolneux, and B. Ycart, “Image denoising by statistical area thresholding,” Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 183–197, 2005.
- C. Tomasi and R. Manduchi, “Bilateral filtering for gray and color images,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision, pp. 839–846, Bombay, India, 1998.
- M. Zhang and B. K. Gunturk, “Multiresolution bilateral filtering for image denoising,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 2324–2333, 2008.
- H. Yu, L. Zhao, and H. Wang, “Image denoising using trivariate shrinkage filter in the wavelet domain and joint bilateral filter in the spatial domain,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 18, no. 10, pp. 2364–2369, 2009.
- Y.-L. Liu, J. Wang, X. Chen, Y.-W. Guo, and Q.-S. Peng, “A robust and fast non-local means algorithm for image denoising,” Journal of Computer Science and Technology, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 270–279, 2008.
- Z. Ji, Q. Chen, Q.-S. Sun, and D.-S. Xia, “A moment-based nonlocal-means algorithm for image denoising,” Information Processing Letters, vol. 109, no. 23-24, pp. 1238–1244, 2009.
- V. Katkovnik, A. Foi, K. Egiazarian, and J. Astola, “From local kernel to nonlocal multiple-model image denoising,” International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 1–32, 2010.
- X. Wu and N. Memon, “Context-based, adaptive, lossless image code,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 437–444, 1997.
- M. S. Crouse and R. G. Baraniuk, “Contextual hidden Markov models for wavelet-domain signal processing,” in Proceedings of the 31st Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, Pacific Grove, Calif, USA, November 1997.
- G. Fan and X.-G. Xia, “Image denoising using a local contextual hidden Markov model in the wavelet domain,” IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 125–128, 2001.
- S. G. Chang, B. Yu, and M. Vetterli, “Spatially adaptive wavelet thresholding with context modeling for image denoising,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 9, no. 9, pp. 1522–1531, 2000.
- Z. Liao and Y. Y. Tang, “Signal denoising using wavelets and block hidden Markov model,” International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 681–700, 2005.
- A. Buades, B. Coll, and J.-M. Morel, “Nonlocal image and movie denoising,” International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 123–139, 2008, special section: selection of papers for CVPR 2005, Guest Editors: C. Schmid, S. Soatto and C. Tomasi.
- H. Kantz and T. Schreiber, Nonlinear Time Series Analysis, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2nd edition, 2004.
- M. Li, W.-S. Chen, and L. Han, “Correlation matching method for the weak stationarity test of LRD traffic,” Telecommunication Systems, vol. 43, no. 3-4, pp. 181–195, 2010.
- M. Li and J.-Y. Li, “On the predictability of long-range dependent series,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 397454, 9 pages, 2010.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “Representation of a stochastic traffic bound,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. In press.
- C. Cattani and A. Kudreyko, “Application of periodized harmonic wavelets towards solution of eigenvalue problems for integral equations,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 570136, 8 pages, 2010.
- E. G. Bakhoum and C. Toma, “Mathematical transform of traveling-wave equations and phase aspects of quantum interaction,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 695208, 15 pages, 2010.
- C. Keng and H. Bo-Tang, “A survey of state space reconstruction of chaotic time series analysis,” Computer Science, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 67–70, 2005.
- S. Lin, J. Qiao, G. Wang, S. Zhang, and L. Zhi, “Phase space reconstruction of nonlinear time series based on Kernel method,” in Proceedings of the 6th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation (WCICA '06), vol. 1, pp. 4364–4368, Dalian, China, 2006.
- M. Casdagli, S. Eubank, J. D. Farmer, and J. Gibson, “State space reconstruction in the presence of noise,” Physica D, vol. 51, no. 1–3, pp. 52–98, 1991.
- L. Wang, H. Zhang, H. Meng, and X. Wang, “Nonlinear analysis of individual vehicle behavior in car following,” in Proceedings of the 11th International IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC '08), pp. 265–268, Beijing, China, October 2008.
- J. B. Dingwell and J. P. Cusumano, “Nonlinear time series analysis of normal and pathological human walking,” Chaos, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 848–863, 2000.
- B. Dennis, R. A. Desharnais, J. M. Cushing, S. M. Henson, and R. F. Costantino, “Can noise induce chaos?” Oikos, vol. 102, no. 2, pp. 329–339, 2003.
- R. Poole, “Is it chaos, or is it just noise,” Science, vol. 243, no. 4887, pp. 25–28, 1989.
- M. Li, “Fractal time series—a tutorial review,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 157264, 26 pages, 2010.
- V. Guillemin and A. Pollack, Differential Topology, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1974.
- R. C. Kirby and L. C. Siebenmann, Foundational Essays on Topological Manifolds, Smoothings, and Triangulations, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 1977.
- Z. Liao, Image Denoising Based on Wavelet Domian Hidden Markov Models, UESTC Press, Chengdu, China, 2006.