- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 962435, 14 pages
Note on Studying Change Point of LRD Traffic Based on Li's Detection of DDoS Flood Attacking
1Department of Electronic Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, China
2School of Information Security Engineering, Key Laboratory of Information Security Integrated Management Research, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, China
Received 7 February 2010; Accepted 11 March 2010
Academic Editor: Ming Li
Copyright © 2010 Zhengmin Xia et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. E. Leland, M. S. Taqqu, W. Willinger, and D. V. Wilson, “On the self-similar nature of ethernet traffic (extended version),” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1–15, 1994.
- V. Paxson and S. Floyd, “Wide area traffic: the failure of Poisson modeling,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 226–244, 1995.
- O. Tickoo and B. Sikdar, “On the impact of IEEE 802.11 MAC on traffic characteristics,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 189–203, 2003.
- M. Li, “Fractal time series—a tutorial review,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 157264, 26 pages, 2010.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “Representation of a stochastic traffic bound,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. In press.
- M. Li and S. C. Lim, “Modeling network traffic using generalized Cauchy process,” Physica A, vol. 387, no. 11, pp. 2584–2594, 2008.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “Variance bound of ACF estimation of one block of fGn with LRD,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 60429, 14 pages, 2010.
- W.-B. Gong, Y. Liu, V. Misra, and D. Towsley, “Self-similarity and long range dependence on the internet: a second look at the evidence, origins and implications,” Computer Networks, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 377–399, 2005.
- W. Schleifer and M. Männle, “Online error detection through observation of traffic self-similarity,” IEE Proceedings: Communications, vol. 148, no. 1, pp. 38–42, 2001.
- J. T. Wang and G. Yang, “An intelligent method for real-time detection of DDoS attack based on fuzzy logic,” Journal of Electronics, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 511–518, 2008.
- M. Li, “Change trend of averaged Hurst parameter of traffic under DDOS flood attacks,” Computers and Security, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 213–220, 2006.
- C. S. Sastry, S. Rawat, A. K. Pujari, and V. P. Gulati, “Network traffic analysis using singular value decomposition and multiscale transforms,” Information Sciences, vol. 177, no. 23, pp. 5275–5291, 2007.
- M. F. Rohani, M. A. Maarof, A. Selamat, and H. Kettani, “Continuous LoSS detection using iterative window based on SOSS model and MLS approach,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer and Communication Engineering (ICCCE '08), pp. 1005–1009, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, May 2008.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “Detection of variations of local irregularity of traffic under DDOS flood attack,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2008, Article ID 475878, 11 pages, 2008.
- M. Li, J. Li, and W. Zhao, “Experimental study of DDOS attacking of flood type based on NS2,” International Journal of Electronics and Computers, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 143–152, 2009.
- M. Li, “An approach to reliably identifying signs of DDOS flood attacks based on LRD traffic pattern recognition,” Computers and Security, vol. 23, no. 7, pp. 549–558, 2004.
- C. Cattani and A. Kudreyko, “On the discrete harmonic wavelet transform,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2008, Article ID 687318, 7 pages, 2008.
- C. Cattani and A. Kudreyko, “Application of periodized harmonic wavelets towards solution of eigenvalue problems for integral equations,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 570136, 8 pages, 2010.
- C. Cattani, “Harmonic wavelet analysis of a localized fractal,” International Journal of Engineering and Interdisciplinary Mathematics, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 35–44, 2009.
- E. G. Bakhoum and C. Toma, “Mathematical transform of traveling-wave equations and phase aspects of quantum interaction,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 695208, 15 pages, 2010.
- G. Toma, “Specific differential equations for generating pulse sequences,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 324818, 11 pages, 2010.
- S. Song, J. K. Y. Ng, and B. Tang, “Some results on the self-similarity property in communication networks,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 52, no. 10, pp. 1636–1642, 2004.
- J. Beran, Statistics for Long-Memory Processes, vol. 61 of Monographs on Statistics and Applied Probability, Chapman and Hall, New York, NY, USA, 1994.
- D. He and H. Leung, “Network intrusion detection using CFAR abrupt-change detectors,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 490–497, 2008.
- W. H. Allen and G. A. Marin, “The LoSS technique for detecting new denial of service attacks,” in Proceedings of IEEE South East Conference, pp. 302–309, Greensboro, NC, USA, March 2004.
- X. X. Ren, R. C. Wang, and H. Y. Wang, “Wavelet analysis method for detection of DDoS attack on the basis of self-similarity,” Frontiers of Electrical and Electronic Engineering in China, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 73–77, 2007.