- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 154630, 15 pages
Combined Energy Minimization for Image Reconstruction from Few Views
1School of Computer Science and Engineering, Xi’an University of Technology, Xi’an 710048, China
2College of Management Science, Chengdu University of Technology, Chengdu 610059, China
3College of Science, Xi’an University of Science and Technology, Xi’an 710054, China
4National School of Software, Xidian University, Xi’an 710071, China
Received 15 June 2012; Revised 27 August 2012; Accepted 22 September 2012
Academic Editor: Kui Fu Chen
Copyright © 2012 Wei Wei et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. J. Brenner and E. J. Hall, “Computed tomography—an increasing source of radiation exposure,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 357, no. 22, pp. 2277–2284, 2007.
- R. E. Van Gelder, H. W. Venema, J. Florie et al., “CT colonography: feasibility of substantial dose reduction—comparison of medium to very low doses in identical patients,” Radiology, vol. 232, no. 2, pp. 611–620, 2004.
- N. Savage, “Medical imagers lower the dose,” IEEE Spectrum, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 14–16, 2010.
- R. Rangayyan, A. Prakash Dhawan, and R. Gordon, “Algorithms for limited-view computed tomography: an anotated bibliography and a challenge,” Applied Optics, vol. 24, no. 23, pp. 4000–4012, 1985.
- J. Velikina, S. Leng, and G. H. Chen, “Limited view angle tomographic image reconstruction via total variation minimization,” in Medical Imaging: Physics of Medical Imaging, vol. 6510 of Proceedings of SPIE, p. 20, February 2007.
- T. Wu, A. Stewart, M. Stanton et al., “Tomographic mammography using a limited number of low-dose cone-beam projection images,” Medical Physics, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 365–380, 2003.
- P. Grangeat, “Mathematical framework of cone beam 3d reconstruction via the first derivative of the radon transform,” in Mathematical Methods in Tomography, pp. 66–97, 1991.
- D. Soimu, I. Buliev, and N. Pallikarakis, “Studies on circular isocentric cone-beam trajectories for 3D image reconstructions using FDK algorithm,” Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 210–220, 2008.
- R. Gordon, R. Bender, and G. T. Herman, “Algebraic Reconstruction Techniques (ART) for three-dimensional electron microscopy and X-ray photography,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 471–481, 1970.
- Y. Pan, R. Whitaker, A. Cheryauka, and D. Ferguson, “Tv-regularized iterative image reconstruction on a mobile c-arm ct,” vol. 7622 of Proceedings of SPIE, p. 2L, 2010.
- E. Y. Sidky, C. M. Kao, and X. Pan, “Accurate image reconstruction from few-views and limited-angle data in divergent-beam CT,” Journal of X-Ray Science and Technology, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 119–139, 2006.
- M. Lustig, D. Donoho, and J. M. Pauly, “Sparse MRI: the application of compressed sensing for rapid MR imaging,” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol. 58, no. 6, pp. 1182–1195, 2007.
- S. Brunner, B. E. Nett, R. Tolakanahalli, and G. H. Chen, “Prior image constrained scatter correction in cone-beam computed tomography image-guided radiation therapy,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 1015–1030, 2011.
- G. T. Herman and R. Davidi, “Image reconstruction from a small number of projections,” Inverse Problems, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 45011–45028, 2008.
- J. Song, Q. H. Liu, G. A. Johnson, and C. T. Badea, “Sparseness prior based iterative image reconstruction for retrospectively gated cardiac micro-CT,” Medical Physics, vol. 34, no. 11, pp. 4476–4483, 2007.
- J. Tang, B. E. Nett, and G. H. Chen, “Performance comparison between total variation (TV)-based compressed sensing and statistical iterative reconstruction algorithms,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 54, no. 19, pp. 5781–5804, 2009.
- V. Singh, L. Mukherjee, P. M. Dinu, J. Xu, and K. R. Hoffmann, “Limited view CT reconstruction and segmentation via constrained metric labeling,” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, vol. 112, no. 1, pp. 67–80, 2008.
- F. Dennerlein, F. Noo, H. Schöndube, G. Lauritsch, and J. Hornegger, “A factorization approach for cone-beam reconstruction on a circular short-scan,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 887–896, 2008.
- B. P. Medoff, W. R. Brody, M. Nassi, and A. Macovski, “Iterative convolution backprojection algorithms for image reconstruction from limited data,” Journal of the Optical Society of America, vol. 73, no. 11, pp. 1493–1500, 1983.
- T. G. Herman and B. L. Meyer, “Algebraic reconstruction techniques can be made computationally efficient,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 600–609, 1993.
- F. Nattererm and F. Wübbeling, Mathematical Methods in Image Reconstruction, vol. 5, Society for Industrial Mathematics, 2001.
- V. Y. Panin, G. L. Zeng, and G. T. Gullberg, “Total variation regulated EM algorithm,” IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 2202–2210, 1999.
- H. H. Barrett and K. J. Myers, Foundations of Image Science, vol. 44, Wiley-Interscience, 2004.
- B. L. Cohen, “The cancer risk from low level radiation,” in Radiation Dose from Multidetector CT, pp. 61–79, 2012.
- L. I. Rudin, S. Osher, and E. Fatemi, “Nonlinear total variation based noise removal algorithms,” Physica D, vol. 60, no. 1–4, pp. 259–268, 1992.
- E. J. Candès, J. Romberg, and T. Tao, “Robust uncertainty principles: exact signal reconstruction from highly incomplete frequency information,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 489–509, 2006.
- A. Chambolle and P. L. Lions, “Image recovery via total variation minimization and related problems,” Numerische Mathematik, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 167–188, 1997.