- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 532708, 14 pages
Low-Thrust Out-of-Plane Orbital Station-Keeping Maneuvers for Satellites
DMC, National Institute for Space Research (INPE), Avenida dos Astronautas 1758, 12227-010 São José dos Campos, SP, Brazil
Received 30 October 2011; Revised 30 November 2011; Accepted 8 January 2012
Academic Editor: Maria Zanardi
Copyright © 2012 Vivian M. Gomes and Antonio F. B. A. Prado. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Rios Neto and R. L. U. Pinto, A Stochastic Approach to Generate a Projection of the Gradient Type Method, INPE-4060-PRE/1019, INPE, Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil, 1986.
- A. F. B. A. Prado and A. Rios-Neto, “A stochastic approach to the problem of spacecraft optimal maneuvers,” Revista Brasileira de Ciências Mecânicas, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 268–278, 1994.
- W. Hohmann, Die Erreichbarkeit der Himmelskorper, Munique, Oldenbourg, Germany, 1925.
- C. Marchal, “Transferts optimaux entre orbites elliptiques coplanaires (Durée indifférente),” Astronautica Acta, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 432–445, 1965.
- H. Jin and R. G. Melton, “Transfers between circular orbits using fixed impulses,” in Proceedings of the AAS/AIAA Spaceflight Mechanics Meeting, vol. 75 of Advances in the Astronautical Sciences, pp. 833–842, Houston, Tex, USA, February 1991.
- D. J. Jezewski and D. Mittleman, “An analytic approach to two-fixed-impulse transfers between Keplerian orbits,” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 458–464, 1982.
- R. F. Hoelker and R. Silber, “The bi-elliptic transfer between circular co-planar orbits,” Technical Memorandum 2-59, Army Ballistic Missile Agency, Redstone Arsenal, Ala, USA, 1961.
- A. Shternfeld, Soviet Space Science, Basic Books, New York, NY, USA, 1959.
- L. Ting, “Optimum orbital transfer by several impulses,” Astronautica Acta, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 256–265, 1960.
- D. J. Jezewski and H. L. Rozendaal, “An efficient method for calculating optimal free-space N-impulsive trajectories,” AIAA Journal, vol. 6, no. 11, pp. 2160–2165, 1968.
- K. G. Eckel, “Optimal impulsive transfer with time constraint,” Acta Astronautica, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 139–146, 1982.
- D.F. Lawden, “Minimal rocket trajectories,” Journal of the American Rocket Society, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 360–382, 1953.
- H. B. Griffiths, “The fundamental group of two spaces with a common point,” Quarterly Journal of Mathematics, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 175–190, 1954.
- V. M. Gomes and A. F. B. A. P. Prado, “Effects of the variation of the periapsis velocity in a swing-by maneuver of a cloud of particles,” in Proceedings of the Recent Advances in Applied and Theoretical Mechanics, pp. 106–108, Tenerife, Spain, 2009.
- V. M. Gomes and A. F. B. A. Prado, “A numerical study of the dispersion of a cloud of particles,” in Proceedings of the 20th International Congress of Mechanical Engineering (COBEM '09), 2009.
- V. M. Gomes and A. F. B. D. A. Prado, “The use of gravitational capture for space travel,” in Proceedings of the 60th International Astronautical Congress (IAC '09), vol. 2, pp. 1066–1071, Daejeon, South Korea, 2009.
- V. M. Gomes and A. F. B. De Almeida Prado, “A study of the close approach between a planet and a cloud of particles,” in Proceedings of the Recent Advances in Signal Processing, Robotics and Automation, vol. 109, pp. 1941–1958, Cambridge, UK, 2002.
- A. F. B. De Almeida Prado, “Numerical and analytical study of the gravitational capture in the bicircular problem,” Advances in Space Research, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 578–584, 2005.
- A. F. B. D. A. Prado, “Numerical study and analytic estimation of forces acting in ballistic gravitational capture,” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 368–375, 2002.
- A. F. B .A. Prado and R. Broucke, “Transfer orbits in restricted problem,” Journal of Guidance Control and Dynamics, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 593–598, 1995.
- A. F. B. De Almeida Prado, “Third-body perturbation in orbits around natural satellites,” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 33–40, 2003.
- A. P. M. Chiaradia, H. K. Kuga, and A. F. B. A. Prado, “Single frequency GPS measurements in real-time artificial satellite orbit determination,” Acta Astronautica, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 123–133, 2003.
- M. C. B. Biggs, The Optimization of Spacecraft Orbital Manoeuvres. Part I: Linearly Varying Thrust Angles, The Hatfield Polytechnic, Numerical Optimization Centre, 1978.
- M. C. B. Biggs, The Optimisation of Spacecraft Orbital Manoeuvres. Part II: Using Pontryagin's Maximun Principle, The Hatfield Polytechnic, Numerical Optimisation Centre, 1979.
- A. F. B. A. Prado and A. Rios-Neto, “Suboptimal and hybrid numerical solution schemes for orbit transfer maneuvers,” SBA Controle & Automação, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 82–88, 1975.
- A. E. Bryson and Y. C. Ho, Applied Optimal Control, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 1975.
- V. M. Gomes, A. F. B. A. P. Prado, and H. K. Kuga, “Orbital maneuvers using low thrust,” in Proceedings of the Recent Advances in Signal Processing, Robotics and Automation, pp. 120–125, Cambridge, UK, 2009.
- A. F. B. A. Prado, V. M. Gomes, and I. M. Fonseca, “Low thrust orbital maneuvers to insert a satellite in a constellation,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop on Satellite Constellations and Formation Flying, Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais, São José dos Campos, Brazil, February 2005.
- A. A. Sukhanov and A. F. B. A. Prado, “Constant tangential low-thrust trajectories near on oblate planet,” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 723–731, 2001.