- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 462957, 7 pages
Existence Analysis of Traveling Wave Solutions for a Generalization of KdV Equation
College of Mathematics, Honghe University, Mengzi, Yunnan 661100, China
Received 12 September 2012; Accepted 16 November 2012
Academic Editor: Salvatore Alfonzetti
Copyright © 2013 Yao Long and Can Chen. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. S. Fokas, “On a class of physically important integrable equations,” Physica D, vol. 87, no. 1–4, pp. 145–150, 1995.
- B. Fuchssteiner and A. S. Fokas, “Symplectic structures, their Bäcklund transformations and hereditary symmetries,” Physica D, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 47–66, 1982.
- Z. Li and N. R. Sibgatullin, “An improved theory of long waves on the water surface,” Journal of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, vol. 61, pp. 177–482, 1997.
- B. Fuchssteiner, “Application of hereditary symmetries to nonlinear evolution equations,” Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 849–862, 1979.
- P. Rosenau and J. M. Hyman, “Compactons: solitons with finite wavelength,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 70, no. 5, pp. 564–567, 1993.
- J. Li and Z. Liu, “Smooth and non-smooth travelling waves in a nonlinearly dispersive equation,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 25, pp. 41–56, 2000.
- Y. Long, B. He, W. Rui, and C. Chen, “Compacton-like and kink-like waves for a higher-order wave equation of Korteweg-de Vries type,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 83, no. 12, pp. 959–971, 2006.
- Q. Bi, “Wave patterns associated with a singular line for a bi-Hamiltonian system,” Physics Letters A, vol. 369, no. 5-6, pp. 407–417, 2007.
- J. Li and J. Zhang, “Bifurcations of travelling wave solutions for the generalization form of the modified KdV equation,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 889–913, 2004.
- W. Rui, B. He, Y. Long, and C. Chen, “The integral bifurcation method and its application for solving a family of third-order dispersive PDEs,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 69, no. 4, pp. 1256–1267, 2008.
- R. Weiguo, L. Yao, H. Bin, and L. Zhenyang, “Integral bifurcation method combined with computer for solving a higher order wave equation of KdV type,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 87, no. 1–3, pp. 119–128, 2010.
- W. Rui, C. Chen, X. Yang, and Y. Long, “Some new soliton-like solutions and periodic wave solutions with loop or without loop to a generalized KdV equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, no. 4, pp. 1666–1677, 2010.
- J. Li and Z. Liu, “Traveling wave solutions for a class of nonlinear dispersive equations,” Chinese Annals of Mathematics. Series B, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 397–418, 2002.
- H. Junqi, “An algebraic method exactly solving two high-dimensional nonlinear evolution equations,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 391–398, 2005.
- E. Yomba, “The extended F-expansion method and its application for solving the nonlinear wave, CKGZ, GDS, DS and GZ equations,” Physics Letters, Section A, vol. 340, no. 1–4, pp. 149–160, 2005.
- X. Wu, W. Rui, and X. Hong, “Exact traveling wave solutions of explicit type, implicit type, and parametric type for K(m,n) equation,” Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 2012, Article ID 236875, 23 pages, 2012.
- A. Biswas, A. Yildirim, T. Hayat, O. M. Aldossary, and R. Sassaman, “Soliton perturbation theory for the generalized Klein-Gordon equation with full nonlinearity,” Proceedings of the Romanian Academy. Series A, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 32–41, 2012.
- H. Triki, A. Yildirim, T. Hayat, O. M. Aldossary, and A. Biswas, “Topological and non-topological soliton solutions of the Bretherton equation,” Proceedings of the Romanian Academy. Series A, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 103–108, 2012.
- G. Ebadi, A. H. Kara, M. D. Petkovic, A. Yildirim, and A. Biswas, “Solitons and conserved quantities of the Ito equation,” Proceedings of the Romanian Academy. Series A, vol. 133, pp. 215–224, 2012.
- A. G. Johnpillai, A. Yildirim, and A. Biswas, “Chiral solitons with Bohm potential by Lie group analysis and traveling wave hypothesis,” Romanian Journal of Physics, vol. 57, no. 3-4, pp. 545–554, 2012.
- H. Triki, S. Crutcher, A. Yildirim, T. Hayat, O. M. Aldossary, and A. Biswas, “Bright and dark solitons of the modified complex Ginzburg Landau equation with parabolic and dual-power law nonlinearity,” Romanian Reports in Physics, vol. 64, no. 2, pp. 357–366, 2012.
- H. Triki, A. Yildirim, T. Hayat, O. M. Aldossary, and A. Biswas, “Shock wave solution of Benney-Luke equation,” Romanian Journal of Physics, vol. 57, no. 7-8, pp. 1029–1034, 2012.
- L. Girgis, D. Milovic, S. Konar, A. Yildirim, H. Jafari, and A. Biswas, “Optical Gaussons in birefringent fibers and DWDM systems with intermodal dispersion,” Romanian Reports in Physics, vol. 64, no. 3, pp. 663–671, 2012.
- H. Triki, A. Yildirim, T. Hayat, O. M. Aldossary, and A. Biswas, “Topological and non-topological solitons of a generalized nonlinear Schrodinger's equation with perturbation terms,” Romanian Reports in Physics, vol. 64, no. 3, pp. 672–684, 2012.
- S. Crutcher, A. Oseo, A. Yildirim, and A. Biswas, “Oscillatory parabolic law spatial optical solitons,” Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, vol. 14, no. 1-2, pp. 29–40, 2012.
- A. Biswas, K. Khan, A. Rahaman, A. Yildirim, T. Hayat, and O. M. Aldossary, “Bright and dark optical solitons ion birefringent fibers with Hamiltonian perturbations and Kerr law nonlinearity,” Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, vol. 14, no. 7-8, pp. 571–576, 2012.
- P. F. Byrd and M. D. Friedman, Handbook of Elliptic Integrals for Engineers and Physicists, Die Grundlehren der Mathematischen Wissenschaften in Einzeldarstellungen mit besonderer Berücksichtigung der Anwendungsgebiete, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1954.