- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 526315, 9 pages
A Simple and Efficient Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm
1School of Computer Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430074, China
2Department of Information Security Engineering, Chinese People’s Public Security University, Beijing 100038, China
3School of Computer Science, Hubei University of Science and Technology, Xianning 437100, China
Received 7 September 2012; Revised 30 November 2012; Accepted 30 December 2012
Academic Editor: Rui Mu
Copyright © 2013 Yunfeng Xu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Kennedy and R. Eberhart, “Particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, pp. 1942–1948, December 1995.
- M. Dorigo, V. Maniezzo, and A. Colorni, “Ant system: optimization by a colony of cooperating agents,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics B, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 29–41, 1996.
- D. Karaboga, “An idea based on honey bee swarm for numerical optimization,” Tech. Rep. TR06, Erciyes University, Engineering Faculty, Computer Engineering Department, 2005.
- X. S. Yang, “Firefly algorithm, stochastic test functions and design optimization,” International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computing, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 78–84, 2010.
- D. Karaboga and B. Akay, “A comparative study of artificial Bee colony algorithm,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 214, no. 1, pp. 108–132, 2009.
- D. Karaboga and B. Akay, “A survey: algorithms simulating bee swarm intelligence,” Artificial Intelligence Review, vol. 31, no. 1–4, pp. 61–85, 2009.
- W. F. Gao and S. Y. Liu, “A modified artificial bee colony algorithm,” Computers and Operations Research, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 687–697, 2012.
- G. Zhu and S. Kwong, “Gbest-guided artificial bee colony algorithm for numerical function optimization,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, no. 7, pp. 3166–3173, 2010.
- W. Gao and S. Liu, “Improved artificial bee colony algorithm for global optimization,” Information Processing Letters, vol. 111, no. 17, pp. 871–882, 2011.
- B. Akay and D. Karaboga, “A modified Artificial Bee Colony algorithm for real-parameter optimization,” Information Sciences, vol. 192, pp. 120–142, 2012.
- A. Banharnsakun, T. Achalakul, and B. Sirinaovakul, “The best-so-far selection in Artificial Bee Colony algorithm,” Applied Soft Computing Journal, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 2888–2901, 2011.
- F. Kang, J. Li, and Z. Ma, “Rosenbrock artificial bee colony algorithm for accurate global optimization of numerical functions,” Information Sciences, vol. 181, no. 16, pp. 3508–3531, 2011.
- B. Wu, C. Qian, W. Ni, and S. Fan, “Hybrid harmony search and artificial bee colony algorithm for global optimization problems,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 64, no. 8, pp. 2621–2634, 2012.
- G. Li, P. Niu, and X. Xiao, “Development and investigation of efficient artificial bee colony algorithm for numerical function optimization,” Applied Soft Computing, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 320–332, 2012.
- D. Karaboga and C. Ozturk, “A novel clustering approach: Artificial Bee Colony (ABC) algorithm,” Applied Soft Computing Journal, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 652–657, 2011.
- C. Zhang, D. Ouyang, and J. Ning, “An artificial bee colony approach for clustering,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 37, no. 7, pp. 4761–4767, 2010.
- D. Karaboga and C. Ozturk, “Fuzzy clustering with artificial bee colony algorithm,” Scientific Research and Essays, vol. 5, no. 14, pp. 1899–1902, 2010.
- D. Karaboga and B. Akay, “A modified Artificial Bee Colony (ABC) algorithm for constrained optimization problems,” Applied Soft Computing Journal, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 3021–3031, 2011.
- E. Mezura-Montes and R. E. Velez-Koeppel, “Elitist artificial bee colony for constrained real-parameter optimization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 1–8, 2010.
- W.-C. Yeh and T.-J. Hsieh, “Solving reliability redundancy allocation problems using an artificial bee colony algorithm,” Computers & Operations Research, vol. 38, no. 11, pp. 1465–1473, 2011.
- S. L. Sabat, S. K. Udgata, and A. Abraham, “Artificial bee colony algorithm for small signal model parameter extraction of MESFET,” Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 689–694, 2010.
- J. Q. Li, Q. K. Pan, S. X. Xie, and S. Wang, “A hybrid artificial bee colony algorithm for flexible job shop scheduling problems,” International Journal of Computers, Communications and Control, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 286–296, 2011.
- M. H. Kashan, N. Nahavandi, and A. H. Kashan, “DisABC: a new artificial bee colony algorithm for binary optimization,” Applied Soft Computing, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 342–352, 2012.
- W. Y. Szeto, Y. Wu, and S. C. Ho, “An artificial bee colony algorithm for the capacitated vehicle routing problem,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 215, no. 1, pp. 126–135, 2011.
- Q.-K. Pan, M. F. Tasgetiren, P. N. Suganthan, and T. J. Chua, “A discrete artificial bee colony algorithm for the lot-streaming flow shop scheduling problem,” Information Sciences, vol. 181, no. 12, pp. 2455–2468, 2011.
- R. Storn and K. Price, “Differential evolution—a simple and efficient heuristic for global optimization over continuous spaces,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 341–359, 1997.
- J. Zhang and A. C. Sanderson, “JADE: adaptive differential evolution with optional external archive,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 945–958, 2009.
- R. G. Reynolds, “An introduction to cultural algorithms,” in Proceedings of the 3rd Annual Conference on Evolutionary Programming, pp. 131–139, 1994.
- X. Yao, Y. Liu, and G. Lin, “Evolutionary programming made faster,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 82–102, 1999.
- X. Yao and Y. Liu, “Fast evolution strategies,” Control and Cybernetics, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 467–496, 1997.
- N. Hansen and A. Ostermeier, “Adapting arbitrary normal mutation distributions in evolution strategies: the covariance matrix adaptation,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Evolutionary Computation (ICEC '96), pp. 312–317, May 1996.
- A. Hedar and M. Fukushima, “Evolution strategies learned with automatic termination criteria,” in Proceedings of the Conference on Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems and the International Symposium on Advanced Intelligent Systems, pp. 1–9, Tokyo, Japan, 2006.
- S. Das, A. Abraham, U. K. Chakraborty, and A. Konar, “Differential evolution using a neighborhood-based mutation operator,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 526–553, 2009.