- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 820267, 11 pages
Evaluate the Impact of Cold Wave on Face Slab Cracking Using Fuzzy Finite Element Method
College of Water Conservancy and Hydropower Engineering, Hohai University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210098, China
Received 6 November 2012; Revised 7 February 2013; Accepted 7 February 2013
Academic Editor: Valentina E. Balas
Copyright © 2013 Dongjian Zheng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. T. Kavanagh and R. W. Clough, “Finite element applications in the characterization of elastic solids,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 11–23, 1971.
- S. S. Rao and J. P. Sawyer, “A fuzzy finite element approach for the analysis of imprecisely-defined systems,” AIAA Journal, vol. 33, no. 12, pp. 2264–2370, 1995.
- B. M. Nicolaï, J. A. Egea, N. Scheerlinck, J. R. Banga, and A. K. Datta, “Fuzzy finite element analysis of heat conduction problems with uncertain parameters,” Journal of Food Engineering, vol. 103, no. 1, pp. 38–46, 2011.
- T. M. Wasfy and A. K. Noor, “Application of fuzzy sets to transient analysis of space structures,” Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, vol. 29, no. 3-4, pp. 153–171, 1998.
- J. C. Li, “Gohou dam and analysis for causes of the dam failure,” Chinese Journal of Rock Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 1–14, 1996.
- R. Wang, D. Wang, and Y. Chen, “Research on thermal stress of concrete slabs of rockfill dam under condition of cold wave attack,” Journal of Hydroelectric Engineering, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 45–49, 2004.
- W. Zhou, J. J. Hua, X. L. Chang, and Y. H. Cao, “Cause analysis of cracking of concrete slab for high CFRD based on concrete crushing-type side wall technology,” Rock and Soil Mechanics, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 2037–2041, 2008.
- Y. Arici, “Investigation of the cracking of CFRD face plates,” Computers and Geotechnics, vol. 38, pp. 905–916, 2011.
- M. D. Yuan, M. Xiao, and G. H. Yang, “The 3D finite element analysis of cold wave impact effect,” Procedia Engineering, vol. 31, pp. 791–800, 2012.
- M. E. Kartal, H. B. Başaĝa, and A. Bayraktar, “Probabilistic nonlinear analysis of CFR dams by MCS using response surface method,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 2752–2770, 2011.
- H. Su, J. Hu, and Z. Wen, “Structure analysis for concrete-faced rock fill dams based on information entropy theory and finite element method,” International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, vol. 36, pp. 1041–1055, 2012.
- U. O. Akpan, T. S. Koko, I. R. Orisamolu, and B. K. Gallant, “Practical fuzzy finite element analysis of structures,” Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 93–111, 2001.
- T. J. Ross, Fuzzy Logic With Engineering Applications, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1995.
- M. Hanss, “The transformation method for the simulation and analysis of systems with uncertain parameters,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 130, no. 3, pp. 277–289, 2002.
- H.-J. Bungartz and M. Griebel, “Sparse grids,” Acta Numerica, vol. 13, pp. 147–269, 2004.
- D. Moens and M. Hanss, “Non-probabilistic finite element analysis for parametric uncertainty treatment in applied mechanics: recent advances,” Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 4–16, 2011.
- W. M. Dong and H. C. Shah, “Vertex method for computing functions of fuzzy variables,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 65–78, 1987.
- Y. Z. Yu, B. Y. Zhang, and H. N. Yuan, “An intelligent displacement back-analysis method for earth-rockfill dams,” Computers and Geotechnics, vol. 34, pp. 423–434, 2007.
- D. Zheng, L. Cheng, T. Bao, and B. Lv, “Integrated parameter inversion analysis method of a CFRD based on multi-output support vector machines and the clonal selection algorithm,” Computers and Geotechnics, vol. 47, pp. 68–77, 2013.
- D. G. Zou, H. F. You, X. J. Kong, and B. Xu, “Research on joint simplified model and effects of joint parameters on panel stress and joint displacements of faced rockfill dam,” Chinese Journal of Rock Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 28, supplement 1, pp. 3257–3263, 2009.
- R. E. Goodman, R. L. Taylor, and T. L. Brekke, “A model for the mechanics of jointed rock,” ASCE Journal of Soil Mechanic and Foundation, vol. 99, no. 3, pp. 637–660, 1968.
- B. Xu, D. G. Zou, and H. Liu, “Three-dimensional simulation of the construction process of the Zipingpu concrete face rockfill dam based on a generalized plasticity model,” Computers and Geotechnics, vol. 43, pp. 143–154, 2012.
- J. M. Duncan and C. Y. Chang, “Nonlinear analysis of stress and strain in soils,” ASCE Journal of Soil Mechanic and Foundation, vol. 96, no. 3, pp. 1629–1653, 1970.
- B. F. Zhu, Thermal Stress and Temperature Control of Massive Concrete, China Electric Power Press, Beijing, China, 1999.
- X. F. Zhang, S. Y. Li, and Y. L. Li, “Effect of superficial insulation on roller-compacted concrete dams in cold regions,” Advance in Engineering Software, vol. 42, no. 11, pp. 939–943, 2011.
- MSC. Software Corporation, “MSC. Marc Volume A, Theory and user information,” Version 2005.