- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 157282, 11 pages
Opportunistic Maintenance Policy for a System with Hidden Failures: A Multicriteria Approach Applied to an Emergency Diesel Generator
Department of Production Engineering, School of Engineering, Centre for Technology and Geosciences, Federal University of Pernambuco, 50.670-901 Recife, PE, Brazil
Received 19 April 2014; Revised 20 June 2014; Accepted 21 June 2014; Published 6 August 2014
Academic Editor: Massimo Scalia
Copyright © 2014 Cristiano A. V. Cavalcante and Rodrigo S. Lopes. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Ministério da Saúde, Normas Para Projetos Físicos de Estabelecimentos Assistenciais de Saúde, Ministério da Saúde, Brasília, Brazil, 1995.
- T. Tang, D. Lin, D. Banjevic, and A. K. S. Jardine, “Availability of a system subject to hidden failure inspected at constant intervals with non-negligible downtime due to inspection and downtime due to repair/replacement,” Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, vol. 143, no. 1, pp. 176–185, 2013.
- M. D. Berrade, C. A. V. Cavalcante, and P. A. Scarf, “Maintenance scheduling of a protection system subject to imperfect inspection and replacement,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 218, pp. 716–725, 2012.
- C. A. V. Cavalcante, P. A. Scarf, and A. T. de Almeida, “A study of a two-phase inspection policy for a preparedness system with a defective state and heterogeneous lifetime,” Reliability Engineering & Systems Safety, vol. 96, pp. 627–635, 2011.
- Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas, NBR 13534: Instalações Elétricas de baixa tensão : Requisitos para instalação em estabelecimentos assistenciais de saúde, Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 1995.
- H. Wang and H. Pham, Reliability and Optimal Maintenance, Springer Series in Reliability Engineering, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2006.
- W. E. Vesely, S. P. Uryasev, and P. K. Samanta, “Failure of emergency diesel generators: a population analysis using empirical Bayes methods,” Reliability Engineering and System Safety, vol. 46, pp. 221–229, 1994.
- S. Y. Choi, J. H. Lee, and J.-E. Yang, “An analysis for risk impact of emergency diesel generator on modified surveillance test interval by considering failure due to demand stress,” Nuclear Engineering and Design, vol. 240, pp. 3577–3581, 2010.
- M. Zubair and Z. Zhijian, “Reliability Data Update Method (RDUM) based on living PSA for emergency diesel generator of Daya Bay nuclear power plant,” Safety Science, vol. 59, pp. 72–77, 2013.
- D. J. Winfield, “Long term reliability analysis of standby diesel generators,” Reliability Engineering & System Safety, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 293–308, 1988.
- S. Hossain and N. Saiful Bari, “Waste heat recovery from the exhaust of a diesel generator using rankine cycle,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 75, pp. 141–151, 2013.
- S. Lyshevski, “Analysis of auxiliary power systems with conventional synchronous generators,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 41, pp. 1379–1387, 2000.
- M. S. Ismail, M. Moghavvemi, and T. M. I. Mahlia, “Techno-economic analysis of an optimized photovoltaic and diesel generator hybrid power system for remote houses in a tropical climate,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 69, pp. 163–173, 2013.
- I. D. Cho and M. Parlar, “A Survey on maintenance models for multi-unit systems,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 51, pp. 1–23, 1991.
- l. Thomas, “A survey of maintenance and replacement models for maintainability and reliability of multi-item systems,” Reliability Engineering, vol. 16, pp. 297–309, 1986.
- J. A. Day and L. George, “Opportunistic replacement of fusion power system parts,” in Proceedings of the Reliability and Maintainability Symposium, vol. 22, pp. 16–27, 1982.
- R. C. Vergin and M. Scriabin, “Maintenance scheduling for multicomponent equipment,” AIIE Transactions, vol. 9, pp. 297–305, 1977.
- L. Cui and H. Li, “Opportunistic maintenance for multi-component shock models,” Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 493–511, 2006.
- R. Zequeira, J. Valdes, and C. Berenguer, “Optimal buffer inventory and opportunistic preventive maintenance under random production capacity availability,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 111, pp. 686–696, 2008.
- T. Derigent, E. Thomas, E. Levrat, and B. Iung, “Opportunistic maintenance based on fuzzy modelling of component proximity,” CIRP Annals—Manufacturing Technology, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 29–32, 2009.
- Z. Xiao-Jun, L. Zhi-Qiang, X. Li-Feng, and L. Jay, “Opportunistic preventive maintenance optimization for multi-unit series systems with combing multi-preventive maintenance techniques,” Journal of Shanghai Jiaotong University (Science), vol. 15, pp. 513–518, 2010.
- W. Shaomin and P. Longhurst, “Optimising age-replacement and extended non-renewing warranty policies in lifecycle costing,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 130, pp. 262–267, 2011.
- C. A. V. Cavalcante, P. R. J. Ferreira, and A. T. Almeida, “A preventive maintenance decision model based on multicriteria method PROMETHEE II integrated with Bayesian approach,” IMA Journal of Management Mathematics, vol. 21, pp. 333–348, 2010.
- D. Bouyssou, “Decision Multicritére ou Aide Multicritére,” Bulletin du Groupe de Travail europénn; Aide multicritére à la decision, vol. 2, no. 2, p. 2, 1993.
- R. L. Kenney and H. Raiffa, Decisions with Multiple Objectives: Preferences and Value Tradeoffs, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1976.
- D. Jorgenson, J. McCall, and R. Radner, “Optimal Maintenance of Stochastically Failing Equipment,” United States Air Force Project RAND, 1966.