Research Article | Open Access
L. Canan Dülger, Ali Kireçci, "Motion Control and Implementation for an AC Servomotor System", Modelling and Simulation in Engineering, vol. 2007, Article ID 050586, 6 pages, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1155/2007/50586
Motion Control and Implementation for an AC Servomotor System
This paper presents a study on trajectory tracking problem for an AC synchronous servomotor. A mathematical model for the system including AC synchronous servomotor, gearbox, and a load is developed to examine the systems dynamic behavior. The system is controlled by a traditional PID (proportional + integral + derivative) controller. The required values for the controller settings are found experimentally. Different motion profiles are designed, and trapezoidal ones are implemented. Thus, the experimental validation of the model is achieved using the experimental setup. The simulation and experimental results are presented. The tracking performance of an AC servomotor system is illustrated with proposed PID controller.
- T. Kenjo, Electric Motors and Their Controls: An Introduction, Oxford Science, Oxford, UK, 1990.
- R. N. Bateson, Introduction to Control System Technology, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 5th edition, 1996.
- http://www.LENZE.com/, http://www.rexroth.com.tr/, http://www.fanuc.com/.
- D. Morris, Linear Control System Engineering, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- C. A. Gross, “Simulating electric machine performance,” Simulation, vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 348–352, 1992.
- P. Viitanen, T. Yli-Pietilä, P. Yli-Paunu, and R. Suoranta, “Modelling and simulation of mechatronical devices,” Mechatronics, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 231–238, 1992.
- S. Morimoto, K. Hatanaka, Y. Tong, Y. Takeda, and T. Hirasa, “Servo drive system and control characteristics of salient pole permanent magnet synchronous motor,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 338–343, 1993.
- R. Lessmeier, W. Schumacher, and W. Leonhard, “Microprocessor-controlled AC-servo drives with synchronous or induction motors: which is preferable?,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 812–819, 1986.
- Y.-Y. Tzou, “DSP-based robust control of an AC induction servo drive for motion control,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 614–626, 1996.
- G. Friedrich and M. Kant, “Choice of drives for electric vehicles: a comparison between two permanent magnet AC machines,” IEE Proceedings: Electric Power Applications, vol. 145, no. 3, pp. 247–251, 1998.
- J. Jiang and J. Holtz, “High dynamic speed sensorless AC drive with on-line model parameter tuning for steady-state accuracy,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 240–246, 1997.
- S. N. Vukosavic and M. R. Stojic, “Suppression of torsional oscillations in a high-performance speed servo drive,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 108–117, 1998.
- M. Goldfarb and T. Sirithanapipat, “The effect of actuator saturation on the performance of PD-controlled servo systems,” Mechatronics, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 497–511, 1999.
- K. K. Safak and O. S. Turkay, “Experimental identification of universal motor dynamics using neural networks,” Mechatronics, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 881–896, 2000.
- G. Guerrero-Ramírez and Yu. Tang, “Motion control of rigid robots driven by current-fed induction motors,” Mechatronics, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 13–25, 2001.
- G.-J. Wang, C.-T. Fong, and K. J. Chang, “Neural-network-based self-tuning PI controller for precise motion control of PMAC motors,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 408–415, 2001.
- Advanced Motion Control Chipset Developer's Kit Manual,Version 2.0.
- LENZE, Global Drive-9300 Servo Position Controller Catalogue.
- P. C. Krause and O. Wasynczuk, Electromechanical Motion Devices, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- C.-M. Ong, Dynamic Simulation of Electric Machinery: Using MATLAB/SIMULINK, Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 1998.
- P. Cominos and N. Munro, “PID controllers: recent tuning methods and design to specification,” IEE Proceedings: Control Theory and Applications, vol. 149, no. 1, pp. 46–53, 2002.
Copyright © 2007 L. Canan Dülger and Ali Kireçci. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.