- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 730902, 8 pages
Progesterone Withdrawal-Evoked Plasticity of Neural Function in the Female Periaqueductal Grey Matter
Department of Physiology, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Received 30 May 2008; Accepted 30 July 2008
Academic Editor: Robert Adamec
Copyright © 2009 T. A. Lovick and A. J. Devall. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Luiz Carlos Schenberg, “Towards a translational model of panic attacks,” Psychology and Neuroscience, vol. 3, no. 1, 2010.
- María Florencia Coronel, Florencia Labombarda, Paulina Roig, Marcelo José Villar, Alejandro Federico De Nicola, and Susana Laura González, “Progesterone Prevents Nerve Injury-Induced Allodynia and Spinal NMDA Receptor Upregulation in Rats,” Pain Medicine, vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 1249–1261, 2011.
- Nathan Absalom, Laura F. Eghorn, Inge S. Villumsen, Nasiara Karim, Tina Bay, Jesper V. Olsen, Gitte M. Knudsen, Hans Brauner-Osborne, Bente Frolund, Rasmus P. Clausen, Mary Chebib, and Petrine Wellendorph, “alpha 4 beta delta GABA(A) receptors are high-affinity targets for gamma-hydroxybutyric acid (GHB),” Proceedings Of The National Academy Of Sciences Of The United States Of Ame, vol. 109, no. 33, pp. 13404–13409, 2012.
- Yan Li, Alan L. Pehrson, David P. Budac, Connie Sánchez, and Maria Gulinello, “A rodent model of premenstrual dysphoria: Progesterone withdrawal induces depression-like behavior that is differentially sensitive to classes of antidepressants,” Behavioural Brain Research, vol. 234, no. 2, pp. 238–247, 2012.
- Yan Li, Kasper F. Raaby, Connie Sánchez, and Maria Gulinello, “Serotonergic receptor mechanisms underlying antidepressant-like action in the progesterone withdrawal model of hormonally induced depression in rats,” Behavioural Brain Research, 2013.
- Nina C. Donner, and Christopher A. Lowry, “Sex differences in anxiety and emotional behavior,” Pflugers Archiv-European Journal of Physiology, vol. 465, no. 5, pp. 601–626, 2013.
- Paul D. Whissell, Irene Lecker, Dian-Shi Wang, Jieying Yu, and Beverley A. Orser, “Altered expression of δGABAA receptors in health and disease,” Neuropharmacology, 2014.
- Luiz Carlos Schenberg, Fagna Giacomin Schimitel, Rubia de Souza Armini, Cristian Setubal Bernabe, Caroline Azevedo Rosa, Sergio Tufik, Claudia Janaina Torres Mueller, and Jeyce Willig Quintino-dos-Santos, “Translational approach to studying panic disorder in rats: Hits and misses,” Neuroscience And Biobehavioral Reviews, vol. 46, pp. 472–496, 2014.