- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 857519, 19 pages
Immune-Mediated Adverse Events Associated with Ipilimumab CTLA-4 Blockade Therapy: The Underlying Mechanisms and Clinical Management
Division of Hematology/Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, UPMC Cancer Pavilion, 5150 Centre Avenue, Room 555, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
Received 6 December 2012; Accepted 10 January 2013
Academic Editors: D. Jun and M. H. Manjili
Copyright © 2013 Ahmad Tarhini. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [36 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Brian A. Baldo, “Adverse events to monoclonal antibodies used for cancer therapy Focus on hypersensitivity responses,” Oncoimmunology, vol. 2, no. 10, 2013.
- Ahmad A. Tarhini, Howard Edington, Lisa H. Butterfield, Yan Lin, Yongli Shuai, Hussein Tawbi, Cindy Sander, Yan Yin, Matthew Holtzman, Jonas Johnson, Uma N. M. Rao, and John M. Kirkwood, “Immune Monitoring of the Circulation and the Tumor Microenvironment in Patients with Regionally Advanced Melanoma Receiving Neoadjuvant Ipilimumab,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 2, 2014.
- Lawrence Steinman, “Conflicting consequences of immunity to cancer versus autoimmunity to neurons: Insights from paraneoplastic disease,” European Journal of Immunology, vol. 44, no. 11, pp. 3201–3205, 2014.
- Rajasekharan Somasundaram, and Meenhard Herlyn, “Nivolumab in combination with ipilimumab for the treatment of melanoma,” Expert Review of Anticancer Therapy, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 1135–1141, 2015.
- Lieping Chen, and Xue Han, “Anti-PD-1/PD-L1 therapy of human cancer: past, present, and future,” Journal Of Clinical Investigation, vol. 125, no. 9, pp. 3384–3391, 2015.
- Anne Bertrand, Marie Kostine, Thomas Barnetche, Marie-Elise Truchetet, and Thierry Schaeverbeke, “Immune related adverse events associated with anti-CTLA-4 antibodies: systematic review and meta-analysis,” BMC Medicine, vol. 13, no. 1, 2015.
- David Hogg, Anthony M. Joshua, Leila Khoja, Marcus Ortho Butler, and Mary Anne Chappell, “Increased treatment-related toxicity subsequent to an anti-PD-1 agent,” Current Oncology, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. E320–E322, 2015.
- Kara M. De Felice, Arjun Gupta, Sagar Rakshit, Sahil Khanna, Lisa A. Kottschade, Heidi D. Finnes, Konstantinos A. Papadakis, Edward V. Loftus, Laura E. Raffals, and Svetomir N. Markovic, “Ipilimumab-induced colitis in patients with metastatic melanoma,” Melanoma Research, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 321–327, 2015.
- Shannon K. Quirk, Anna K. Shure, and Devendra K. Agrawal, “Immune-mediated Adverse Effects of Anti-CTLA-4 Antibody Therapy in Metastatic Melanoma,” Translational Research, 2015.
- P. B. Araujo, M. C. A. Coelho, M. Arruda, M. R. Gadelha, and L. V. Neto, “Ipilimumab-induced hypophysitis: review of the literature,” Journal of Endocrinological Investigation, 2015.
- Stephanie A. Howard, Michael H. Rosenthal, Jyothi P. Jagannathan, Katherine M. Krajewski, Atul B. Shinagare, Nikhil H. Ramaiya, and Sree Harsha Tirumani, “Beyond the Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Axis: Update on Role of Imaging in Nonantiangiogenic Molecular Targeted Therapies in Oncology,” American Journal Of Roentgenology, vol. 204, no. 5, pp. 919–932, 2015.
- A Covre, S Coral, H Nicolay, G Parisi, C Fazio, F Colizzi, E Fratta, A M Di Giacomo, L Sigalotti, P G Natali, and M Maio, “Antitumor activity of epigenetic immunomodulation combined with CTLA-4 blockade in syngeneic mouse models,” OncoImmunology, vol. 4, no. 8, pp. e1019978, 2015.
- Crescens Tiu, Carmel Pezaro, Ian D Davis, Mathis Grossmann, and Phillip Parente, “Early recognition of ipilimumab-related autoimmune hypophysitis in patients with metastatic melanoma: Case studies and recommendations for management,” Asia-Pacific Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2015.
- Gwilym J. Webb, and David H. Adams, “Modeling idiosyncrasy: A novel animal model of drug-induced liver injury,” Hepatology, 2015.
- Evangelia Papavasileiou, Sashank Prasad, Suzanne K. Freitag, Lucia Sobrin, and Ann-Marie Lobo, “Ipilimumab-induced Ocular and Orbital Inflammation—A Case Series and Review of the Literature,” Ocular Immunology & Inflammation, pp. 1–7, 2015.
- S. Martin, A. M. Dudek-Peric, H. Maes, A. D. Garg, M. Gabrysiak, S. Demirsoy, J. V. Swinnen, and P. Agostinis, “Concurrent MEK and autophagy inhibition is required to restore cell death associated danger-signalling in Vemurafenib-resistant melanoma cells,” Biochemical Pharmacology, vol. 93, no. 3, pp. 290–304, 2015.
- Krista Rubin, “Understanding Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for Effective Patient Care,” Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 709–717, 2015.
- A. Sahuquillo-Torralba, R. Ballester-Sánchez, C. Pujol-Marco, and R. Botella-Estrada, “Pembrolizumab, un nuevo fármaco capaz de inducir un brote psoriasis,” Actas Dermo-Sifiliográficas, 2015.
- Sree Harsha Tirumani, Nikhil H. Ramaiya, Abhishek Keraliya, Nancy D. Bailey, Patrick A. Ott, F. Stephen Hodi, and Mizuki Nishino, “Radiographic Profiling of Immune-Related Adverse Events in Advanced Melanoma Patients Treated with Ipilimumab,” Cancer Immunology Research, vol. 3, no. 10, pp. 1185–1192, 2015.
- J. Gao, Q. He, S. Subudhi, A. Aparicio, A. Zurita-Saavedra, D. H. Lee, C. Jimenez, M. Suarez-Almazor, and P. Sharma, “Review of immune-related adverse events in prostate cancer patients treated with ipilimumab: MD Anderson experience,” Oncogene, vol. 34, no. 43, pp. 5411–5417, 2015.
- Anja Derer, Lisa Deloch, Yvonne Rubner, Rainer Fietkau, Benjamin Frey, and Udo S. Gaipl, “Radio-Immunotherapy-Induced Immunogenic Cancer Cells as Basis for Induction of Systemic Anti-Tumor Immune Responses – Pre-Clinical Evidence and Ongoing Clinical Applications,” Frontiers in Immunology, vol. 6, 2015.
- Chintan H. Kapadia, Jillian L. Perry, Shaomin Tian, J. Christopher Luft, and Joseph M. DeSimone, “Nanoparticulate immunotherapy for cancer,” Journal of Controlled Release, 2015.
- T. Stahl, and C. Loquai, “Therapienebenwirkungen und Nachsorge bei malignem Melanom,” Der Radiologe, 2015.
- Darrin Bann, Daniel Deschler, and Neerav Goyal, “Novel Immunotherapeutic Approaches for Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma,” Cancers, vol. 8, no. 10, pp. 87, 2016.
- Jennifer Peterson, and Susan Steele-Moses, “Update on New Therapies With Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors,” Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 405–410, 2016.
- Viktor H. Koelzer, Tobias Buser, Niels Willi, Sacha I. Rothschild, Andreas Wicki, Peter Schiller, Gieri Cathomas, Alfred Zippelius, and Kirsten D. Mertz, “Grover’s-like drug eruption in a patient with metastatic melanoma under ipilimumab therapy,” Journal for ImmunoTherapy of Cancer, vol. 4, no. 1, 2016.
- Magalie P. Tardy, Lauris Gastaud, Annick Boscagli, Frederic Peyrade, Andrea Gallamini, and Antoine Thyss, “Autoimmune hemolytic anemia after nivolumab treatment in Hodgkin lymphoma responsive to immunosuppressive treatment. A case report,” Hematological Oncology, 2016.
- Simon Pernot, Toulsie Ramtohul, and Julien Taieb, “Checkpoint inhibitors and gastrointestinal immune-related adverse events,” Current Opinion in Oncology, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 264–268, 2016.
- Joëlle Antoun, Cherif Titah, and Isabelle Cochereau, “Ocular and orbital side-effects of checkpoint inhibitors,” Current Opinion in Oncology, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 288–294, 2016.
- Shane Mesko, Gottfried E Konecny, Paul C Tumeh, and Mitchell Kamrava, “Enhanced skin toxicity with concurrent ipilimumab and radiation in vaginal/vulvar melanoma: a case report and literature review,” BJR|case reports, pp. 20160002, 2016.
- F. C. Fierz, F. Meier, K. Chaloupka, and C. Boeni, “Intraocular Inflammation Associated with New Therapies for Cutaneous Melanoma - Case Series and Review,” Klinische Monatsblatter Fur Augenheilkunde, vol. 233, no. 4, pp. 540–544, 2016.
- N. Stjepanovic, J. P. Velazquez-Martin, and P. L. Bedard, “Ocular toxicities of MEK inhibitors and other targeted therapies,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 998–1005, 2016.
- Baofu Zhang, Weina Zhao, Huizhong Li, Yuanyuan Chen, Hui Tian, Liantao Li, Longzhen Zhang, Chao Gao, and Junnian Zheng, “Immunoreceptor TIGIT inhibits the cytotoxicity of human cytokine-induced killer cells by interacting with CD155,” Cancer Immunology, Immunotherapy, 2016.
- A. Sahuquillo-Torralba, R. Ballester-Sánchez, C. Pujol-Marco, and R. Botella-Estrada, “Pembrolizumab: a New Drug That Can Induce Exacerbations of Psoriasis,” Actas Dermo-Sifiliográficas (English Edition), 2016.
- Leila Khoja, Eshetu G. Atenafu, Qian Ye, Craig Gedye, Maryanne Chappell, David Hogg, Marcus O. Butler, and Anthony M. Joshua, “Real-world efficacy, toxicity and clinical management of ipilimumab treatment in metastatic melanoma,” Oncology Letters, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 1581–1585, 2016.
- Adam Brys, Raghavendra Gowda, Daniel Loriaux, Gavin P. Robertson, and Paul J. Mosca, “Nanotechnology-Based Strategies for Combating Toxicity and Resistance in Melanoma Therapy,” Biotechnology Advances, 2016.