- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 781612, 11 pages
Paediatric Stroke: Review of the Literature and Possible Treatment Options, including Endovascular Approach
1Neuroradiology Department, Fondazione Istituto “C. Besta”, Via Celoria 11, 20133 Milan, Italy
2Paediatric Department, Fondazione Istituto “C. Besta”, Via Celoria 11, 20133 Milan, Italy
3Neuroradiology Department, Ospedale Niguarda, Piazza Ospedale Maggiore 3, 20162 Milan, Italy
Received 23 September 2010; Revised 11 May 2011; Accepted 12 May 2011
Academic Editor: Halvor Naess
Copyright © 2011 Elisa F. Ciceri et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. A. Beslow and L. C. Jordan, “Pediatric stroke: the importance of cerebral arteriopathy and vascular malformations,” Child's Nervous System, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 1263–1273, 2010.
- L. C. Jordan, “Assessment and treatment of stroke in children,” Current Treatment Options in Neurology, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 399–409, 2008.
- A. A. Mallick and F. J. K O'Callaghan, “Risk factors and treatment outcomes of childhood stroke,” Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 1331–1346, 2010.
- T. Krings and I. S. Choi, “The many faces of intracranial arterial dissections,” Interventional Neuroradiology, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 151–160, 2010.
- C. Amlie-Lefond, T. J. Bernard, G. Sebire, et al., “Predictors of cerebral arteriopathy in children with arterial ischemic stroke: results of the international pediatric stroke study,” Circulation, vol. 119, no. 10, pp. 1417–1423, 2009.
- H. J. Cho, Y. H. Jung, Y. D. Kim, H. S. Nam, D. S. Kim, and J. D. Heo, “The different infarct patterns between adulthood-onset and childhood-onset moyamoya disease,” Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry, vol. 82, no. 1, pp. 38–40, 2011.
- D. M. Ibrahimi, R. J. Tamargo, and E. Ahn, “Moyamoya disease in children,” Child's Nervous System, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 1297–1308, 2010.
- D. Kenny, M. Turner, and R. Martin, “When to close a patent foramen ovale,” Archives of Disease in Childhood, vol. 93, no. 3, pp. 255–259, 2008.
- C. Tzoulis and L. A. Bindoff, “Serial diffusion imaging in a case of mitochondrial encephalomyopathy, lactic acidosis, and stroke-like episodes,” Stroke, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. e15–e17, 2008.
- N. Diamini, L. Billinghurst, and F. J. Kirkham, “Cerebral venous sinus (sinovenous) thrombosis in children,” Neurosurgery Clinics of North America, vol. 21, no. 3–5, pp. 511–527, 2010.
- T. Krings, S. Geibprasert, and K. TerBrugge, “Classification and endovascular management of pediatric cerebral vascular malformations,” Neurosurgery Clinics of North America, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 463–482, 2010.
- T. Krings, S. Geibprasert, and K. G. TerBrugge, “Pathomechanisms and treatment of pediatric aneurysms,” Child's Nervous System, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 1309–1318, 2010.
- L. C. Jordan, S. C. Johnston, Y. W. Wu, S. Sidney, and H. J. Fullerton, “The importance of cerebral aneurysms in childhood hemorrhagic stroke a population-based study,” Stroke, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 400–405, 2009.
- H. J. Fullerton, Y. W. Wu, S. Sidney, and S. C. Johnston, “Risk of recurrent childhood arterial ischemic stroke in a population-based cohort: the importance of cerebrovascular imaging,” Pediatrics, vol. 119, no. 3, pp. 495–501, 2007.
- Paediatric Stroke Working Group, “Stroke in childhood: clinical guidelines for diagnosis, management and rehabilitation,” 2004.
- A. Kirton, J. H. Wong, J. Mah et al., “Successful endovascular therapy for acute basilar thrombosis in an adolescent,” Pediatrics, vol. 112, no. 3, pp. e248–e251, 2003.
- J. Irazuzta and K. J. Sullivan, “Hyperacute therapies for childhood stroke: a case report and review of the literature,” Neurology Research International, vol. 2010, Article ID 497326, 2010.
- H. J. Fullerton, Y. W. Wu, S. Sidney, and S. C. Johnston, “Recurrent hemorrhagic stroke in children: a population-based cohort study,” Stroke, vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 2658–2662, 2007.
- P. Monagle, E. Chalmers, A. Chan et al., “Antithrombotic therapy in neonates and children: american college of chest physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines (8th edition),” Chest, vol. 133, no. 6, pp. 887S–968S, 2008.
- E. S. Roach, M. R. Golomb, and R. Adams, “Management of stroke in infants and children: a scientific statement from a special writing group of the american heart association stroke council and the council of cardiovascular disease in the young,” Stroke, vol. 39, no. 9, pp. 2644–2691, 2008.
- S. Grigoriadis, J. M. Gomori, N. Grigoriadis, and J. E. Cohen, “Clinically successful late recanalization of basilar artery occlusion in childhood: what are the odds? Case report and review of the literature,” Journal of the Neurological Sciences, vol. 260, no. 1-2, pp. 256–260, 2007.
- Y. Y. Lee, K. L. Lin, H. S. Wang, et al., “Craniocervical arterial dissection: a cause of childhood arterial ischemic stroke in Taiwan,” Journal of the Formosan Medical Association, vol. 109, no. 2, pp. 156–162, 2010.
- Y. J. Lai, F. C. Chang, C. J. Lin, T. C. Hsieh, and K. L. Wang, “Endovascular therapy in pediatric intracranial carotid artery dissection,” Pediatric Neurology, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 291–294, 2010.
- R. Gupta, H. J. Yi, T. G. Jovin, and M. B. Horowitz, “Three unusual arteriovenous fistulas presenting in young children successfully treated with transarterial endovascular embolization,” Pediatric Neurosurgery, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 328–333, 2005.
- E. F. Ciceri, C. Regna-Gladin, A. Erbetta et al., “Iatrogenic intracranial pseudoaneurysms: neuroradiological and therapeutical considerations, including endovascular options,” Neurological Sciences, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 317–322, 2006.
- V. K. Sharma, H. L. Teoh, L. Y. Wong, J. Su, B. K. Ong, and B. P. Chan, “Recanalization therapies in acute ischemic stroke: pharmacological agents, devices, and combinations,” Stroke Research and Treatment. In press.
- T. Krings, S. M. Chng, A. Ozanne, H. Alvarez, G. Rodesch, and P. L. Lasjaunias, “Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia in children: endovascular treatment of neurovascular malformations,” Neuroradiology, vol. 47, no. 12, pp. 946–954, 2005.
- D. Kondziolka, H. Kano, H. C. Yang, J. C. Flickinger, and L. Lunsford, “Radiosurgical management of pediatric arteriovenous malformations,” Child's Nervous System, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 1359–1366, 2010.