- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 128641, 13 pages
Rehabilitation with Poststroke Motor Recovery: A Review with a Focus on Neural Plasticity
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 2-1 Seiryo-cho, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8575, Japan
Received 8 February 2013; Revised 9 April 2013; Accepted 10 April 2013
Academic Editor: Magdy Selim
Copyright © 2013 Naoyuki Takeuchi and Shin-Ichi Izumi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [27 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- E. A. Susanto, S. K. Ho, K. Y. Tong, X. J. Wei, X. L. Hu, and W. Rong, “The effects of post-stroke upper-limb training with an electromyography (EMG)-driven hand robot,” Journal Of Electromyography And Kinesiology, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 1065–1074, 2013.
- Jerome J. Maller, “Neuroplasticity in normal and brain injured patients: Potential relevance of ear wiggling locus of control and cortical projections,” Medical Hypotheses, vol. 83, no. 6, pp. 838–843, 2014.
- Julia L. Amengual, Thomas F. Muente, Josep Marco-Pallares, Nuria Rojo, Jennifer Grau-Sanchez, Francisco Rubio, Esther Duarte, Carles Grau, and Antoni Rodriguez-Fornells, “Overactivation of the supplementary motor area in chronic stroke patients,” Journal of Neurophysiology, vol. 112, no. 9, pp. 2251–2263, 2014.
- Bente Elisabeth Bassoe Gjelsvik, Hakon Hofstad, Tori Smedal, Geir Egil Eide, Halvor Naess, Jan Sture Skouen, Bente Frisk, Silje Daltveit, and Liv Inger Strand, “Balance and walking after three different models of stroke rehabilitation: early supported discharge in a day unit or at home, and traditional treatment (control),” Bmj Open, vol. 4, no. 5, 2014.
- Wanjoo Park, Gyu-Hyun Kwon, Da-Hye Kim, Yun-Hee Kim, Sung-Phil Kim, and Laehyun Kim, “Assessment of Cognitive Engagement in Stroke Patients From Single-Trial EEG During Motor Rehabilitation,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, pp. 1–1, 2014.
- Alonso-Valerdi. Luz Maria, Salido-Ruiz Ricardo Antonio, and Ramirez-Mendoza Ricardo A, “Motor Imagery based Brain-Computer Interfaces: An Emerging Technology to Rehabilitate Motor Deficits,” Neuropsychologia, 2015.
- M. Shamim Hossain, Sandro Hardy, Atif Alamri, Abdulhameed Alelaiwi, Verena Hardy, and Christoph Wilhelm, “AR-based serious game framework for post-stroke rehabilitation,” Multimedia Systems, 2015.
- Chandan B. Mohanty, Dhananjaya Bhat, and Bhagavatula Indira Devi, “Role of Central Plasticity in the Outcome of Peripheral Nerve Regeneration,” Neurosurgery, vol. 77, no. 3, pp. 418–423, 2015.
- Luan Rafael Aguiar Dos Santos, Adriani Andrade Carregosa, Marcelo Rodrigues Masruha, Pietro Araújo Dos Santos, Marília Lira Da Silveira Coêlho, Daniel Dominguez Ferraz, and Nildo Manoel Da Silva Ribeiro, “The Use of Nintendo Wii in the Rehabilitation of Poststroke Patients: A Systematic Review,” Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases, 2015.
- Yao Sun, Joanne Boots, and E. Paul Zehr, “The lingering effects of a busted myth — false time limits in stroke rehabilitation,” Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 858–861, 2015.
- Marianne E. Klinke, Thóra B. Hafsteinsdóttir, Haukur Hjaltason, and Helga Jónsdóttir, “Ward-based interventions for patients with hemispatial neglect in stroke rehabilitation: A systematic literature review,” International Journal of Nursing Studies, 2015.
- Eliana Garcia-Cossio, Marianne Severens, Bart Nienhuis, Jacques Duysens, Peter Desain, Noel Keijsers, and Jason Farquhar, “Decoding Sensorimotor Rhythms during Robotic-Assisted Treadmill Walking for Brain Computer Interface (BCI) Applications,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 12, 2015.
- Kazuhiro Sugawara, Hideaki Onishi, Atsuhiro Tsubaki, Haruna Takai, Yuta Tokunaga, and Hiroyuki Tamaki, “Regional Changes in Cerebral Oxygenation During Repeated Passive Movement Measured by Functional Near-infrared Spectroscopy,” Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, vol. 9, 2015.
- Qing Tang, Guangming Li, Tao Liu, Anguo Wang, Shenggang Feng, Xiang Liao, Yu Jin, Zhiwei Guo, Bin He, Morgan A. McClure, Guoqiang Xing, and Qiwen Mu, “Modulation of interhemispheric activation balance in motor-related areas of stroke patients with motor recovery: Systematic review and meta-analysis o,” Neuroscience And Biobehavioral Reviews, vol. 57, pp. 392–400, 2015.
- Bruno Bordoni, and Giovanni Bordoni, “Reflections on osteopathic fascia treatment in the peripheral nervous system,” Journal Of Pain Research, vol. 8, pp. 735–740, 2015.
- Byung Kyu Park, Ji-Won Kim, Yuri Kwon, Jae-Hoon Heo, Joo-Seok Yoon, and Gwang-Moon Eom, “Electromyogram-controlled assistive exercise for the motor recovery of shoulder in chronic hemiplegia: A pilot study,” Bio-Medical Materials And Engineering, vol. 26, pp. S861–S869, 2015.
- Kazuhiro Sugawara, Hideaki Onishi, Koya Yamashiro, Sho Kojima, Shota Miyaguchi, Shinichi Kotan, Atsuhiro Tsubaki, Hikari Kirimoto, Hiroyuki Tamaki, Hiroshi Shirozu, and Shigeki Kameyama, “Effect of Range and Angular Velocity of Passive Movement on Somatosensory Evoked Magnetic Fields,” Brain Topography, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 693–703, 2016.
- Laia Sallés, Xavier Gironès, Patricia Martín-Casas, and José Vicente Lafuente, “A neurocognitive approach to recovery of movement following stroke,” Physical Therapy Reviews, pp. 1–7, 2016.
- Christophe Duret, Ophélie Courtial, and Anne Gaelle Grosmaire, “Kinematic measures for upper limb motor assessment during robot-mediated training in patients with severe sub-acute stroke,” Restorative Neurology and Neuroscience, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 237–245, 2016.
- Shuang Qiu, Weibo Yi, Jiapeng Xu, Hongzhi Qi, Jingang Du, Chunfang Wang, Feng He, and Dong Ming, “Event-Related Beta EEG Changes During Active, Passive Movement and Functional Electrical Stimulation of the Lower Limb,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 283–290, 2016.
- Jia Liu, Jianhui Mei, Xiaorui Zhang, Xiong Lu, and Jing Huang, “Augmented reality-based training system for hand rehabilitation,” Multimedia Tools and Applications, 2016.
- Volker Ressel, Ruth O’Gorman Tuura, Ianina Scheer, and Hubertus J. A. van Hedel, “Diffusion tensor imaging predicts motor outcome in children with acquired brain injury,” Brain Imaging and Behavior, 2016.
- Weronika Debowska, Tomasz Wolak, Anna Nowicka, Anna Kozak, Marcin Szwed, and Malgorzata Kossut, “Functional and Structural Neuroplasticity Induced by Short-Term Tactile Training Based on Braille Reading,” Frontiers in Neuroscience, vol. 10, 2016.
- Hatice Kumru, Sergiu Albu, Raul Pelayo, John Rothwell, Eloy Opisso, Daniel Leon, Dolor Soler, and Josep Maria Tormos, “Motor Cortex Plasticity during Unilateral Finger Movement with Mirror Visual Feedback,” Neural Plasticity, vol. 2016, pp. 1–8, 2016.
- Viola Rjosk, Jöran Lepsien, Elisabeth Kaminski, Maike Hoff, Bernhard Sehm, Christopher J. Steele, Arno Villringer, and Patrick Ragert, “Neural Correlates of Mirror Visual Feedback-Induced Performance Improvements: A Resting-State fMRI Study,” Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, vol. 11, 2017.
- Andrés Úbeda, José M. Azorín, Ricardo Chavarriaga, and José del R. Millán, “Classification of upper limb center-out reaching tasks by means of EEG-based continuous decoding techniques,” Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation, vol. 14, no. 1, 2017.
- Andrei Agius Anastasi, Owen Falzon, Kenneth Camilleri, Malcolm Vella, and Richard Muscat, “Brain Symmetry Index in Healthy and Stroke Patients for Assessment and Prognosis,” Stroke Research and Treatment, vol. 2017, pp. 1–9, 2017.