- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 351064, 5 pages
Does a History of Migraine Affect the Rate of Thrombolysis in Young Stroke Patients?
1Department of Neurology, Haukeland University Hospital, PB 1400, 5021 Bergen, Norway
2Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Bergen, PB 7800, 5020 Bergen, Norway
Received 12 September 2013; Accepted 28 October 2013
Academic Editor: Daniel Woo
Copyright © 2013 Halvor Øygarden et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. F. Stewart, A. Shechter, and B. K. Rasmussen, “Migraine prevalence. A review of population-based studies,” Neurology, vol. 44, no. 6, supplement 4, pp. S17–S23, 1994.
- T. Vos, A. D. Flaxman, M. Naghavi et al., “Years lived with disability (YLDs) for 1160 sequelae of 289 diseases and injuries 1990–2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010,” The Lancet, vol. 380, no. 9859, pp. 2163–2196, 2012.
- L. J. Stovner, J. A. Zwart, K. Hagen, G. M. Terwindt, and J. Pascual, “Epidemiology of headache in Europe,” European Journal of Neurology, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 333–345, 2006.
- M. E. Bigal, J. N. Liberman, and R. B. Lipton, “Age-dependent prevalence and clinical features of migraine,” Neurology, vol. 67, no. 2, pp. 246–251, 2006.
- D. Griffiths and J. Sturm, “Epidemiology and etiology of young stroke,” Stroke Research and Treatment, vol. 2011, Article ID 209370, 9 pages, 2011.
- R. U. Kothari, T. Brott, J. P. Broderick, and C. A. Hamilton, “Emergency physicians: accuracy in the diagnosis of stroke,” Stroke, vol. 26, no. 12, pp. 2238–2241, 1995.
- O. Y. Chernyshev, S. Martin-Schild, K. C. Albright et al., “Safety of tPA in stroke mimics and neuroimaging-negative cerebral ischemia,” Neurology, vol. 74, no. 17, pp. 1340–1345, 2010.
- M. Guillan, A. Alonso-Canovas, J. Gonzalez-Valcarcel et al., “Alonso de Lecinana M et al: stroke mimics treated with thrombolysis: further evidence on safety and distinctive clinical features,” Cerebrovascular Diseases, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 115–120, 2012.
- M. Amort, F. Fluri, J. Schäfer et al., “Transient ischemic attack versus transient ischemic attack mimics: frequency, clinical characteristics and outcome,” Cerebrovascular Diseases, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 57–64, 2011.
- J. T. Spector, S. R. Kahn, M. R. Jones, M. Jayakumar, D. Dalal, and S. Nazarian, “Migraine headache and ischemic stroke risk: an updated meta-analysis,” American Journal of Medicine, vol. 123, no. 7, pp. 612–624, 2010.
- M. Schürks, P. M. Rist, M. E. Bigal, J. E. Buring, R. B. Lipton, and T. Kurth, “Migraine and cardiovascular disease: systematic review and meta-analysis,” British Medical Journa, vol. 339, Article ID b3914, 2009.
- C. J. Johnson, S. J. Kittner, R. J. McCarter et al., “Interrater reliability of an etiologic classification of ischemic stroke,” Stroke, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 46–51, 1995.
- J. Bamford, P. Sandercock, M. Dennis, J. Burn, and C. Warlow, “Classification and natural history of clinical identifiable subtypes of cerebral infarction,” The Lancet, vol. 337, no. 8756, pp. 1521–1526, 1991.
- R. D. Brown Jr., J. P. Whisnant, J. D. Sicks, W. M. O'Fallon, and D. O. Wiebers, “Stroke incidence, prevalence, and survival: secular trends in Rochester, Minnesota, through 1989,” Stroke, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 373–380, 1996.
- P. A. Wolf, R. B. D'Agostino, M. A. O'Neal et al., “Secular trends in stroke incidence and mortality: the Framingham Study,” Stroke, vol. 23, no. 11, pp. 1551–1555, 1992.
- H. Le, P. Tfelt-Hansen, A. Skytthe, K. O. Kyvik, and J. Olesen, “Increase in self-reported migraine prevalence in the Danish adult population: a prospective longitudinal population-based study,” BMJ Open, vol. 2, no. 4, Article ID e000962, 2012.
- P. J. Hand, J. Kwan, R. I. Lindley, M. S. Dennis, and J. M. Wardlaw, “Distinguishing between stroke and mimic at the bedside: the brain attack study,” Stroke, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 769–775, 2006.
- A. Förster, M. Griebe, M. E. Wolf, K. Szabo, M. G. Hennerici, and R. Kern, “How to identify stroke mimics in patients eligible for intravenous thrombolysis?” Journal of Neurology, vol. 259, no. 7, pp. 1347–1353, 2012.
- M. Wintermark, H. A. Rowley, and M. H. Lev, “Acute stroke triage to intravenous thrombolysis and other therapies with advanced CT or MR imaging: Pro CT,” Radiology, vol. 251, no. 3, pp. 619–626, 2009.
- M. Köhrmann and P. D. Schellinger, “Acute stroke triage to intravenous thrombolysis and other therapies with advanced CT or MR imaging: Pro MR imaging,” Radiology, vol. 251, no. 3, pp. 627–633, 2009.