- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 394036, 9 pages
Early Brain Injury: A Common Mechanism in Subarachnoid Hemorrhage and Global Cerebral Ischemia
1Division of Neurosurgery, St. Michael's Hospital, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, ON, Canada M5B 1W8
2Labatt Family Centre of Excellence in Brain Injury and Trauma Research, Keenan Research Centre, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St. Michael's Hospital, 209 Victoria Street, Toronto, ON, Canada M5B 1T8
3Department of Surgery, University of Toronto, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, ON, Canada M5B 1W8
Received 11 December 2012; Accepted 27 January 2013
Academic Editor: Ryszard M. Pluta
Copyright © 2013 Mohammed Sabri et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [27 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Sheng Chen, Hua Feng, Prativa Sherchan, Damon Klebe, Gang Zhao, Xiaochuan Sun, Jianmin Zhang, Jiping Tang, and John H. Zhang, “Controversies and Evolving New Mechanisms in Subarachnoid Hemorrhage,” Progress in Neurobiology, 2013.
- Xuebo Sun, Chengyuan Ji, Tong Hu, Zhong Wang, and Gang Chen, “Tamoxifen as an effective neuroprotectant against early brain injury and learning deficits induced by subarachnoid hemorrhage: possible involvement of inflammatory signaling,” Journal of Neuroinflammation, vol. 10, 2013.
- Yuxiang Dai, Wen Zhang, Qing Sun, Xing Zhang, Xiaoming Zhou, Yangchun Hu, and Jixin Shi, “Nuclear Receptor Nur77 Promotes Cerebral Cell Apoptosis and Induces Early Brain Injury After Experimental Subarachnoid Hemorrhage in Rats,” Journal of Neuroscience Research, vol. 92, no. 9, pp. 1110–1121, 2014.
- R. Loch Macdonald, Michael N. Diringer, and Giuseppe Citerio, “Understanding the disease: aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage,” Intensive Care Medicine, 2014.
- Naoya Matsuda, Hiroki Ohkuma, Masato Naraoka, Akira Munakata, Norihito Shimamura, and Kenichiro Asano, “Role of oxidized LDL and lectin-like oxidized LDL receptor-1 in cerebral vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 121, no. 3, pp. 621–630, 2014.
- Yuxiang Dai, Wen Zhang, Xiaoming Zhou, and Jixin Shi, “Inhibition of c-Jun N-terminal Kinase Ameliorates Early Brain Injury After Subarachnoid Hemorrhage Through Inhibition of a Nur77 Dependent Apoptosis Pathway,” Neurochemical Research, vol. 39, no. 8, pp. 1603–1611, 2014.
- Asita S. Sarrafzadeh, Peter Vajkoczy, Philippe Bijlenga, and Karl Schaller, “Monitoring in Neurointensive Care â€“ The Challenge to Detect Delayed Cerebral Ischemia in High-Grade Aneurysmal SAH,” Frontiers in Neurology, vol. 5, 2014.
- Wenqi Chen, Yinyi Sun, Kangyong Liu, and Xiaojiang Sun, “Autophagy: a double-edged sword for neuronal survival after cerebral ischemia,” Neural Regeneration Research, vol. 9, no. 12, pp. 1210–1216, 2014.
- Airton Leonardo de Oliveira Manoel, David Turkel-Parrella, Abhijit Duggal, Amanda Murphy, Victoria McCredie, and Thomas R. Marotta, “Managing aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: It takes a team,” Cleveland Clinic Journal Of Medicine, vol. 82, no. 3, pp. 177–192, 2014.
- Yuxiang Dai, Qing Sun, Xing Zhang, Yangchun Hu, Mengliang Zhou, and Jixin Shi, “Cyclosporin A ameliorates early brain injury after subarachnoid hemorrhage through inhibition of a Nur77 dependent apoptosis pathway,” Brain Research, vol. 1556, pp. 67–76, 2014.
- Xiao-ke Hao, Wei Wu, Chun-xi Wang, Guang-bin Xie, Tao Li, He-ming Wu, Li-tian Huang, Meng-liang Zhou, Chun-hua Hang, and Ji-xin Shi, “Ghrelin alleviates early brain injury after subarachnoid hemorrhage via the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway,” Brain Research, vol. 1587, pp. 15–22, 2014.
- Elisa R. Zanier, Rosalia Zangari, Lea Munthe-Fog, Estrid Hein, Tommaso Zoerle, Valeria Conte, Franca Orsini, Mauro Tettamanti, Nino Stocchetti, Peter Garred, and Maria-Grazia De Simoni, “Ficolin-3-mediated lectin complement pathway activation in patients with subarachnoid hemorrhage,” Neurology, vol. 82, no. 2, pp. 126–134, 2014.
- Yosra Hamdi, Hadhemi Kaddour, David Vaudry, Jérôme Leprince, Amira Zarrouk, Mohamed Hammami, Hubert Vaudry, Marie-Christine Tonon, Mohamed Amri, and Olfa Masmoudi-Kouki, “Octadecaneuropeptide ODN prevents hydrogen peroxide-induced oxidative damage of biomolecules in cultured rat astrocytes,” Peptides, vol. 71, pp. 56–65, 2015.
- Dingding Zhang, Huiying Yan, Hua Li, Shuangying Hao, Zong Zhuang, Ming Liu, Qing Sun, Yiqing Yang, Mengliang Zhou, Kuanyu Li, and Chunhua Hang, “TGF beta-activated Kinase 1 (TAK1) Inhibition by 5Z-7-Oxozeaenol Attenuates Early Brain Injury after Experimental Subarachnoid Hemorrhage,” Journal Of Biological Chemistry, vol. 290, no. 32, pp. 19900–19909, 2015.
- Amanda Murphy, Airton Leonardo de Oliveira Manoel, Kyle Burgers, Ekaterina Kouzmina, Ting Lee, R. Loch Macdonald, and Aditya Bharatha, “Early CT perfusion changes and blood-brain barrier permeability after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage,” Neuroradiology, vol. 57, no. 8, pp. 767–773, 2015.
- Dong Zhao, Qi Liu, Yunxiang Ji, Ganggang Wang, Xuejun He, Weidong Tian, Hui Xu, Ting Lei, and Yezhong Wang, “Correlation between nitric oxide and early brain injury after subarachnoid hemorrhage,” International Journal Of Neuroscience, vol. 125, no. 7, pp. 531–539, 2015.
- Yong Tian, Song-Xue Guo, Jian-Ru Li, Hang-Gen Du, Chao-Hui Wang, Jian-Min Zhang, and Qun Wu, “Topiramate attenuates early brain injury following subarachnoid haemorrhage in rats via duplex protection against inflammation and neuronal cell death,” Brain Research, 2015.
- Anke Hoellig, Agnieszka Weinandy, Kay Nolte, Hans Clusmann, Rolf Rossaint, and Mark Coburn, “Experimental Subarachnoid Hemorrhage in Rats: Comparison of Two Endovascular Perforation Techniques with Respect to Success Rate, Confounding Patholog,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 4, 2015.
- Dominik Buehler, Sepiede Azghandi, Kathrin Schueller, and Nikolaus Plesnila, “Effect of Decompressive Craniectomy on Outcome Following Subarachnoid Hemorrhage in Mice,” Stroke, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 819–+, 2015.
- Song-sheng Shi, Hua-bin Zhang, Chun-hua Wang, Wei-zhong Yang, Ri-sheng Liang, Ye Chen, and Xian-kun Tu, “Propofol Attenuates Early Brain Injury After Subarachnoid Hemorrhage in Rats,” Journal Of Molecular Neuroscience, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 538–545, 2015.
- Dayun Feng, Bao Wang, Yulong Ma, Wei Shi, Kai Tao, Weijun Zeng, Qing Cai, Zhiguo Zhang, and Huaizhou Qin, “The Ras/Raf/Erk Pathway Mediates the Subarachnoid Hemorrhage-Induced Apoptosis of Hippocampal Neurons Through Phosphorylation of p53,” Molecular Neurobiology, 2015.
- Masashi Fujimoto, Masato Shiba, Fumihiro Kawakita, Lei Liu, Naoshi Shimojo, Kyoko Imanaka-Yoshida, Toshimichi Yoshida, and Hidenori Suzuki, “Deficiency of tenascin-C and attenuation of blood-brain barrier disruption following experimental subarachnoid hemorrhage in mice,” Journal of Neurosurgery, pp. 1–10, 2015.
- Hao-Liang Xu, Dale A. Pelligrino, Chanannait Paisansathan, and Fernando D. Testai, “Protective role of fingolimod (FTY720) in rats subjected to subarachnoid hemorrhage,” Journal Of Neuroinflammation, vol. 12, 2015.
- Min Seong Kwon, Seung Kyoon Woo, David B. Kurland, Sung Hwan Yoon, Andre F. Palmer, Uddyalok Banerjee, Sana Iqbal, Svetlana Ivanova, Volodymyr Gerzanich, and J. Marc Simard, “Methemoglobin Is an Endogenous Toll-Like Receptor 4 Ligand-Relevance to Subarachnoid Hemorrhage,” International Journal Of Molecular Sciences, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 5028–5046, 2015.
- Theofanis Vavilis, Nikoleta Delivanoglou, Eleni Aggelidou, Eleni Stamoula, Kyriakos Mellidis, Aikaterini Kaidoglou, Angeliki Cheva, Chryssa Pourzitaki, Katerina Chatzimeletiou, Antigone Lazou, Maria Albani, and Aristeidis Kritis, “Oxygen-Glucose Deprivation (OGD) Modulates the Unfolded Protein Response (UPR) and Inflicts Autophagy in a PC12 Hypoxia Cell Line Model,” Cellular And Molecular Neurobiology, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 701–712, 2016.
- Jia Yin, Haiying Li, Chengjie Meng, Dongdong Chen, Zhouqing Chen, Yibin Wang, Zhong Wang, and Gang Chen, “Inhibitory effects of Omega-3 fatty acids on Early Brain Injury after Subarachnoid Hemorrhage in Rats: possible involvement of G protein-coupled receptor 120/β-arrestin2/TGF-β activated kinase-1 binding protein-1 signaling pathway,” The International Journal of Biochemistry & Cell Biology, 2016.
- Leodante da Costa, Benjamin T. Dunkley, Allison Bethune, Amanda Robertson, Matt MacDonald, and Elizabeth Pang, “Feasibility of Magnetoencephalography after Endovascular Treatment of Ruptured Intracranial Aneurysms,” Frontiers in Neurology, vol. 7, 2016.