- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 612458, 7 pages
Cardiovascular Responses Associated with Daily Walking in Subacute Stroke
1Graduate Department of Rehabilitation Science, University of Toronto, 500 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 1V7
2Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, UHN, 550 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 2A2
3Heart & Stroke Foundation Centre for Stroke Recovery, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, ON, Canada M4N 3M5
4Department of Physical Therapy, University of Toronto, 500 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 1V7
5Faculty of Health, School of Kinesiology & Health Science, York University, 4700 Keele St., Toronto, ON, Canada M3J 1P3
6Department of Kinesiology, Faculty of Applied Health Sciences, University of Waterloo, 200 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON, Canada N2L 3G1
Received 4 December 2012; Accepted 11 January 2013
Academic Editor: Stefan Schwab
Copyright © 2013 Sanjay K. Prajapati et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Avril Mansfield, Jennifer S. Wong, Lou Biasin, Dina Brooks, Jo-Anne Howe, William E. McIlroy, Karen Brunton, Elizabeth L. Inness, Jackie Lymburner, Simon Jones, Ramona Mileris, and Mark Bayley, “Using wireless technology in clinical practice: does feedback of daily walking activity improve walking outcomes of individuals receiving rehabilitation post-stroke? Study protocol for a randomized controlled trial,” Bmc Neurology, vol. 13, 2013.
- Louis Biasin, Michael D. Sage, Karen Brunton, Julia Fraser, Jo-Anne Howe, Mark Bayley, Dina Brooks, William E. McIlroy, Avril Mansfield, and Elizabeth L. Inness, “Integrating Aerobic Training Within Subacute Stroke Rehabilitation: A Feasibility Study,” Physical Therapy, vol. 94, no. 12, pp. 1796–1806, 2014.
- Michal Kafri, Mary Jane Myslinski, Venkata K. Gade, and Judith E. Deutsch, “High Metabolic Cost and Low Energy Expenditure for Typical Motor Activities Among Individuals in the Chronic Phase After Stroke,” Journal of Neurologic Physical Therapy, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 226–232, 2014.
- Christiane Brown, Julia E. Fraser, Elizabeth L. Inness, Jennifer S. Wong, Laura E. Middleton, Vivien Poon, William E. McIlroy, and Avril Mansfield, “Does Participation in Standardized Aerobic Fitness Training During Inpatient Stroke Rehabilitation Promote Engagement in Aerobic Exercise After Discharge? A Cohort Study,” Topics in Stroke Rehabilitation, vol. 21, pp. S42–S51, 2014.
- Samantha Cleveland, Simon Driver, Chad Swank, and Staci Macklin, “Classifying physical activity research following stroke using the behavioral epidemiologic framework,” Topics In Stroke Rehabilitation, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 289–298, 2015.
- Anna E. Mattlage, Sara A. Redlin, Michael A. Rippee, Michael G. Abraham, Marilyn M. Rymer, and Sandra A. Billinger, “Use of Accelerometers to Examine Sedentary Time on an Acute Stroke Unit,” Journal of Neurologic Physical Therapy, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 166–171, 2015.
- Andrew K. Dorsch, Seth Thomas, Xiaoyu Xu, William Kaiser, and Bruce H. Dobkin, “SIRRACT: An International Randomized Clinical Trial of Activity Feedback During Inpatient Stroke Rehabilitation Enabled by Wireless Sensing,” Neurorehabilitation And Neural Repair, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 407–415, 2015.
- Avril Mansfield, Jennifer S. Wong, Jessica Bryce, Karen Brunton, Elizabeth L. Inness, Svetlana Knorr, Simon Jones, Babak Taati, and William E. McIlroy, “Use of Accelerometer-Based Feedback of Walking Activity for Appraising Progress With Walking-Related Goals in Inpatient Stroke Rehabilitation: A Rando,” Neurorehabilitation And Neural Repair, vol. 29, no. 9, pp. 847–857, 2015.
- Erik C. Prout, Avril Mansfield, William E. McIlroy, and Dina Brooks, “Physiotherapists’ perspectives on aerobic exercise early after stroke: A preliminary study,” Physiotherapy Theory and Practice, pp. 1–9, 2016.
- Simon Driver, and Anne Woolsey, “Evaluation of a Physical Activity Behavior Change Program for Individuals With a Brain Injury,” Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2016.
- Erik C. Prout, Avril Mansfield, William E. McIlroy, and Dina Brooks, “Patients’ perspectives on aerobic exercise early after stroke,” Disability and Rehabilitation, vol. 39, no. 7, pp. 684–690, 2016.