- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Science and Technology of Nuclear Installations
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 519538, 10 pages
Converting Maturing Nuclear Sites to Integrated Power Production Islands
Department of Pyroprocessing Technology, Idaho National Laboratory, ID 83415, USA
Received 6 May 2011; Accepted 18 August 2011
Academic Editor: Anis Bousbia Salah
Copyright © 2011 Charles W. Solbrig. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. E. Till, Y. I. Chang, and W. H. Hannum, “The integral fast reactor-an overview,” Progress in Nuclear Energy, vol. 31, no. 1-2, pp. 3–11, 1997.
- H. Nifenecker, D. Heuer, J. M. Loiseaux et al., “Scenarios with an intensive contribution of nuclear energy to the world energy supply,” International Journal of Global Energy Issues, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 63–77, 2003.
- T. J. Battisti, K. M. Goff, K. J. Bateman, M. F. Simpson, and J. P. Lind, “Ceramic waste form production and development at ANL-west,” in Proceedings of the American Nuclear Society's 5th Topical Meeting on Spent Nuclear Fuel and Fissile Materials Management, Charleston, SC, USA, September 2002.
- C. E. Till and Y. I. Chang, “Evolution of the liquid metal reactor: the Integral Fast Reactor (IFR) concept,” in Proceedings of the 51st American Power Conference, pp. 688–691, Chicago, Ill, USA, April 1989.
- C. W. Solbrig, M. J. Lineberry, and R. W. Benedict, “Repository storage strategy with central station reprocessing,” in Proceedings of the International Congress on Advances in Nuclear Power Plants (ICAPP '03), Cordoba, Spain, May 2003.
- R. W. Benedict, C. Solbrig, B. Westphal et al., “Pyroprocessing progress at Idaho National Laboratory,” in Proceedings of the Advanced Nuclear Fuel Cycles and Systems (ANS Global '07), pp. 741–747, Boise, Idaho, USA, September 2007.
- C. W. Solbrig and R. W. Benedict, “Cost savings of nuclear power with total fuel reprocessing,” in Proceedings of the International Congress on Advances in Nuclear Power Plants (ICAPP '06), pp. 1965–1972, Reno, Nev, USA, June 2006.
- R. N. Hill, J. R. Wade, J. R. Liaw, and E. K. Fujita, “Physics studies of weapons plutonium disposition in the integral fast reactor closed fuel cycle,” Nuclear Science and Engineering, vol. 121, no. 1, pp. 17–31, 1995.