- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Science and Technology of Nuclear Installations
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 862812, 9 pages
CFD Analysis of Passive Autocatalytic Recombiner
Reactor Safety Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Trombay, Mumbai 400085, India
Received 10 May 2011; Revised 27 July 2011; Accepted 27 July 2011
Academic Editor: Iztok Tiselj
Copyright © 2011 B. Gera et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Mitigation of Hydrogen Hazards in Water Cooled Power Reactors, IAEA, Vienna, IAEA-TECDOC-1196, 2001.
- G. Avakian and O. Braillard, “Theoretical model of hydrogen recombiner for a nuclear power plant,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering, Tokyo, Japan, 1999.
- M. Tahara, H. Oikawa, and K. Arai, “A 3-dimensional fluid dynamic analysis for a passive catalytic recombiner,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering, Tokyo, Japan, 1999.
- M. Heitsch, “Fluid dynamic analysis of a catalytic recombiner to remove hydrogen,” Nuclear Engineering and Design, vol. 201, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 2000.
- D. P. Dharwadkar, Analysis of hydrogen distribution in nuclear reactor containment, Ph.D. thesis, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India, 2007.
- D. M. Prabhudharwadkar, K. N. Iyer, and P. Aghalayam, “Numerical simulation of hydrogen mitigation using passive catalytic recombiner,” in Proceedings of the 12th International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Reactor Thermal Hydraulics (NURETH-12 '07), Pittsburgh, Pa, USA, 2007.
- P. Goyal, Hydrogen transportation and mitigation studies, M.Tech. thesis, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India, 2001.
- P. Drinovac, Experimental studies on catalytic hydrogen recombiners for light water reactors, Ph.D. thesis, RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany, 2006.
- E. A. Reinecke, I. M. Tragsdorf, and K. Gierling, “Studies on innovative hydrogen recombiners as safety devices in the containments of light water reactors,” Nuclear Engineering and Design, vol. 230, no. 1—3, pp. 49–59, 2004.
- C. Appel, J. Mantzaras, R. Schaeren, R. Bombach, and A. Inauen, “Catalytic combustion of hydrogen—air mixtures over platinum: validation of hetero/homogeneous chemical reaction schemes,” Clean Air, vol. 5, pp. 21–44, 2004.
- R. W. Schefer, “Catalyzed combustion of H2/air mixtures in a flat plate boundary layer: II. Numerical model,” Combustion and Flame, vol. 45, pp. 171–190, 1982.
- S. V. Patankar, Numerical Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow, Hemisphere, Washington, DC, USA, 1980.
- E. A. Reinecke, J. Boehm, P. Drinovac, and S. Struth, “Modelling of catalytic recombiners: comparison of REKO-DIREKT calculations with REKO-3 experiments,” in Proceedings of the International Conference Nuclear Energy for New Europe, Bled, Slovenia, 2005.