- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Science and Technology of Nuclear Installations
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 812130, 15 pages
Advanced Presentation of BETHSY 6.2TC Test Results Calculated by RELAP5 and TRACE
Reactor Engineering Division, Jožef Stefan Institute, Jamova Cesta 39, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Received 16 December 2011; Revised 23 March 2012; Accepted 10 April 2012
Academic Editor: Stephen M. Bajorek
Copyright © 2012 Andrej Prošek and Ovidiu-Adrian Berar. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- U. S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, TRACE V5.0 User Manual, Division of Risk Assessment and Special Projects, Office of Nuclear Regulatory Research, Washington, DC, USA.
- APT, Symbolic Nuclear Analysis Package (SNAP), User's Manual. Report, Applied Programming Technology (APT), Inc., 2011.
- G. L. Mesina, “Visualization of RELAP5-3D best estimate code,” in Proceedings of the International Meeting on Updates in Best Estimate Methods in Nuclear Installation Safety Analysis (BE '04), pp. 314–323, Washington, DC, USA, November 2004.
- W. P. Baek, J. E. Yang, and J. J. Ha, “Safety assessment of KOREAN nuclear facilities: current status and future,” Nuclear Engineering and Technology, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 391–402, 2009.
- J. D. Talley, S. Kim, J. Mahaffy, S. M. Bajorek, and K. Tien, “Implementation and evaluation of one-group interfacial area transport equation in TRACE,” Nuclear Engineering and Design, vol. 241, no. 3, pp. 865–873, 2011.
- F. Mascari, G. Vella, B. G. Woods et al., “Sensitivity analysis of the MASLWR helical coil steam generator using TRACE,” Nuclear Engineering and Design, vol. 241, no. 4, pp. 1137–1144, 2011.
- J. Freixa and A. Manera, “Analysis of an RPV upper head SBLOCA at the ROSA facility using TRACE,” Nuclear Engineering and Design, vol. 240, no. 7, pp. 1779–1788, 2010.
- E. Coscarelli, A. Del Nevo, and F. D’Auria, “Qualification of TRACE v5 code against fast cooldown transient in the PKL-III integral test facility,” in Proceedings of the 14th International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Reactor Thermal Hydraulics (NURETH-14), Toronto, Canada, September 2011, paper no. 419.
- U.S. NRC, “Status of CAMP activities in Slovenia,” in Proceedings of the Fall CAMP Meeting, Williamsburg, VA, USA, November 2009.
- U.S. NRC, “SNAP Status Report,” in Proceedings of the Fall CAMP Meeting, State College, Pa, USA, October 2010.
- U.S. NRC, “SNAP overview and plans,” in Proceedings of the Fall CAMP Meeting, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, November 2011.
- S. Petelin, B. Mavko, O. Gortnar, I. Ravnikar, and G. Černe, “Result of BETHSY test 9.1.b using RELAP5/MOD3,” International Agreement Report NUREG/IA-0141, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC, USA, 1998.
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, TRACE V5.0 Assessment Manual, Division of Risk Assessment and Special Projects, Office of Nuclear Regulatory Research, Washington, DC, USA.
- U.S. NRC, “RELAP5/MOD3.3 code manual,” Patch 04, Vols. 1 to 8, Information Systems Laboratories, Inc., Rockville, Md, USA, Idaho Falls, Idaho, prepared for USNRC, 2010.
- CEA, “BETHSY, General Description,” Note SETh/LES/90-97, CEA (Commissariat à l'énergie atomique et aux énergies alternatives), Grenoble, France, 1990.
- S. Belsito, F. D’Auria, M. Ingegneri, E. Chonjacki, and R. Gonzalez, “Post test analysis of counterpart tests in LOBI, SPES, BETHSY; LSTF facilities performed with the CATHARE2 code,” in Proceedings of the Nuclear Energy in Central Europe (NECE '96), Portorož, Slovenia, September 1996.
- A. Prošek, “RELAP5 calculations of bethsy 9.1b test,” Science and Technology of Nuclear Installations, vol. 2012, Article ID 238090, 11 pages, 2012.
- S. Hrvatin, A. Prošek, and I. Kljenak, “Quantitative assessment of the BETHSY 6.2 TC test simulation,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering, The American Society of Mechanical Engineers, The American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2000.
- S. Hrvatin and A. Prošek, “Quantitative assessment of the BETHSY 6.9c test simulation,” in Proceedings of the International Conference Nuclear Energy in Central Europe, Bled, Slovenia, September 2000.
- A. Prošek and O. A. Berar, “Analysis of small-break loss-of-coolant accident test 9.1b at BETHSY facility with TRACE and RELAP5,” in Proceedings of the International Congress on Advances in Nuclear Power Plants (ICAPP '11), Nice, France, May 2011.
- G. Briday and D. Juhel, “BETHSY—test 6.2 TC, 6 inch cold leg break counterpart test,” Tech. Rep. STR/LES/91-034, 1991.