- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 169365, 4 pages
Population-Based Study of the Association between Urbanization and Kawasaki Disease in Taiwan
1Department of Healthcare Management, Yuanpei University, Hsinchu 300, Taiwan
2Department of Medical Laboratory Science and Biotechnology, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
3Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, Taipei Medical University, Taipei 110, Taiwan
4Department of Pharmacy, Taipei Medical University-Wanfang Hospital, Taipei 110, Taiwan
5Institute of Master Program for Clinical Pharmacogenomics and Pharmacoproteomics, School of Pharmacy, Taipei Medical University, Taipei 110, Taiwan
6Cancer Center, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung 807, Taiwan
7Department of Pediatrics, Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung 807, Taiwan
Received 16 April 2013; Accepted 2 June 2013
Academic Editors: D. Caselli, L. Genitori, and F. Kneepkens
Copyright © 2013 Wei-Pin Chang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C.-L. Wang, Y.-T. Wu, C.-A. Liu, H.-C. Kuo, and K. D. Yang, “Kawasaki disease: infection, immunity and genetics,” Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 998–1004, 2005.
- W.-C. Huang, L.-M. Huang, I.-S. Chang et al., “Epidemiologic features of Kawasaki disease in Taiwan, 2003–2006,” Pediatrics, vol. 123, no. 3, pp. e401–e405, 2009.
- J. C. Burns and M. P. Glodé, “Kawasaki syndrome,” The Lancet, vol. 364, no. 9433, pp. 533–544, 2004.
- J. W. Newburger, M. Takahashi, M. A. Gerber, et al., “Diagnosis, treatment, and long-term management of Kawasaki disease: a statement for health professionals from the committee on rheumatic fever, endocarditis, and kawasaki disease, council on cardiovascular disease in the young, American heart association,” Pediatrics, vol. 114, no. 6, pp. 1708–1733, 2004.
- C.-D. Liang, H.-C. Kuo, K. D. Yang, C.-L. Wang, and S.-F. Ko, “Coronary artery fistula associated with Kawasaki disease,” American Heart Journal, vol. 157, no. 3, pp. 584–588, 2009.
- C. L. Brosius, J. W. Newburger, J. C. Burns, P. Hojnowski-Diaz, S. Zierler, and D. Y. M. Leung, “Increased prevalence of atopic dermatitis in Kawasaki disease,” Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 863–866, 1988.
- R. J. Webster, K. W. Carter, N. M. Warrington et al., “Hospitalisation with infection, asthma and allergy in kawasaki disease patients and their families: genealogical analysis using linked population data,” PLoS ONE, vol. 6, no. 11, article e28004, 2011.
- H.-C. Kuo, K. D. Yang, C.-D. Liang et al., “The relationship of eosinophilia to intravenous immunoglobulin treatment failure in Kawasaki disease,” Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 354–359, 2007.
- H.-C. Kuo, C.-L. Wang, C.-D. Liang, et al., “Association of lower eosinophil-related T helper 2 (Th2) cytokines with coronary artery lesions in Kawasaki disease,” Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 266–272, 2009.
- A. Rodriguez, M. Vaca, G. Oviedo et al., “Urbanisation is associated with prevalence of childhood asthma in diverse, small rural communities in Ecuador,” Thorax, vol. 66, no. 12, pp. 1043–1050, 2011.
- N. Nicolaou, N. Siddique, and A. Custovic, “Allergic disease in urban and rural populations: increasing prevalence with increasing urbanization,” Allergy, vol. 60, no. 11, pp. 1357–1360, 2005.
- Y.-C. Lee, Y.-T. Huang, Y.-W. Tsai et al., “The impact of universal national health insurance on population health: the experience of Taiwan,” BMC Health Services Research, vol. 10, article 225, 2010.
- C. Y. Liu, Y. T. Hung, Y. L. Chuang, et al., “Incorporating development stratification of Taiwan townships into sampling design of large scale health interview survey,” Journal of Health Management, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 1–22, 2006.
- J. Eriksson, L. Ekerljung, J. Lötvall et al., “Growing up on a farm leads to lifelong protection against allergic rhinitis,” Allergy, vol. 65, no. 11, pp. 1397–1403, 2010.
- R. S. Lin, F. C. Sung, S. L. Huang et al., “Role of urbanization and air pollution in adolescent asthma: a mass screening in Taiwan,” Journal of the Formosan Medical Association, vol. 100, no. 10, pp. 649–655, 2001.
- X. Rodó, J. Ballester, D. Cayan et al., “Association of Kawasaki disease with tropospheric wind patterns,” Scientific Reports, vol. 1, article 152, 2011.
- H.-C. Kuo, H.-R. Yu, S.-H. H. Juo et al., “ gene single-nucleotide polymorphism (rs72689236) and Kawasaki disease in Taiwanese children,” Journal of Human Genetics, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 161–165, 2011.
- H.-C. Kuo, K. D. Yang, S.-H. H. Juo et al., “ITPKC single nucleotide polymorphism associated with the Kawasaki disease in a taiwanese population,” PLoS ONE, vol. 6, no. 4, article e17370, 2011.
- H.-C. Kuo, Y. Onouchi, Y.-W. Hsu et al., “Polymorphisms of transforming growth factor- signaling pathway and Kawasaki disease in the Taiwanese population,” Journal of Human Genetics, vol. 56, no. 12, pp. 840–845, 2011.
- Y. Onouchi, K. Ozaki, J. C. Buns et al., “Common variants in confer susceptibility to Kawasaki disease,” Human Molecular Genetics, vol. 19, no. 14, Article ID ddq176, pp. 2898–2906, 2010.
- Y. Onouchi, T. Gunji, J. C. Burns et al., “ITPKC functional polymorphism associated with Kawasaki disease susceptibility and formation of coronary artery aneurysms,” Nature Genetics, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 35–42, 2008.