- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 768972, 5 pages
GmNAC5, a NAC Transcription Factor, Is a Transient Response Regulator Induced by Abiotic Stress in Soybean
State Key Laboratory of Crop Genetics and Germplasm Enhancement, National Center for Soybean Improvement, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China
Received 24 May 2013; Accepted 24 June 2013
Academic Editors: J. Huang and Z. Wang
Copyright © 2013 Hangxia Jin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- X. Mao, H. Zhang, X. Qian, A. Li, G. Zhao, and R. Jing, “TaNAC2, a NAC-type wheat transcription factor conferring enhanced multiple abiotic stress tolerances in Arabidopsis,” Journal of Experimental Botany, vol. 63, no. 8, pp. 2933–2946, 2012.
- Q. Xie, G. Frugis, D. Colgan, and N.-H. Chua, “Arabidopsis NAC1 transduces auxin signal downstream of TIR1 to promote lateral root development,” Genes and Development, vol. 14, no. 23, pp. 3024–3036, 2000.
- S. Takada, K.-I. Hibara, T. Ishida, and M. Tasaka, “The CUP-SHAPED COTYLEDON1 gene of Arabidopsis regulates shoot apical meristem formation,” Development, vol. 128, no. 7, pp. 1127–1135, 2001.
- M. Duval, T.-F. Hsieh, S. Y. Kim, and T. L. Thomas, “Molecular characterization of AtNAM: a member of the Arabidopsis NAC domain superfamily,” Plant Molecular Biology, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 237–248, 2002.
- E. Souer, A. Van Houwelingen, D. Kloos, J. Mol, and R. Koes, “The no apical Meristem gene of petunia is required for pattern formation in embryos and flowers and is expressed at meristem and primordia boundaries,” Cell, vol. 85, no. 2, pp. 159–170, 1996.
- M. Fujita, Y. Fujita, K. Maruyama et al., “A dehydration-induced NAC protein, RD26, is involved in a novel ABA-dependent stress-signaling pathway,” Plant Journal, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 863–876, 2004.
- R. W. M. Sablowski and E. M. Meyerowitz, “A homolog of NO APICAL MERISTEM is an immediate target of the floral homeotic genes APETALA3/PISTILLATA,” Cell, vol. 92, no. 1, pp. 93–103, 1998.
- A. Iwase, A. Hideno, K. Watanabe, N. Mitsuda, and M. Ohme-Takagi, “A chimeric NST repressor has the potential to improve glucose productivity from plant cell walls,” Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 142, no. 3-4, pp. 279–284, 2009.
- N. Mitsuda, A. Iwase, H. Yamamoto et al., “NAC transcription factors, NST1 and NST3, are key regulators of the formation of secondary walls in woody tissues of Arabidopsis,” Plant Cell, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 270–280, 2007.
- N. Mitsuda and M. Ohme-Takagi, “NAC transcription factors NST1 and NST3 regulate pod shattering in a partially redundant manner by promoting secondary wall formation after the establishment of tissue identity,” Plant Journal, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 768–778, 2008.
- F. T. S. Nogueira, P. S. Schlögl, S. R. Camargo et al., “SsNAC23, a member of the NAC domain protein family, is associated with cold, herbivory and water stress in sugarcane,” Plant Science, vol. 169, no. 1, pp. 93–106, 2005.
- T. Ohnishi, S. Sugahara, T. Yamada et al., “OsNAC6, a member of the NAC gene family, is induced by various stresses in rice,” Genes and Genetic Systems, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 135–139, 2005.
- H. Hu, M. Dai, J. Yao et al., “Overexpressing a NAM, ATAF, and CUC (NAC) transcription factor enhances drought resistance and salt tolerance in rice,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 103, no. 35, pp. 12987–12992, 2006.
- X. Han, G. He, S. Zhao, C. Guo, and M. Lu, “Expression analysis of two NAC transcription factors PtNAC068 and PtNAC154 from poplar,” Plant Molecular Biology Reporter, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 370–378, 2012.
- H. Ooka, K. Satoh, K. Doi et al., “Comprehensive analysis of NAC family genes in Oryza sativa and Arabidopsis thaliana,” DNA Research, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 239–247, 2003.
- K.-I. Taoka, Y. Yanagimoto, Y. Daimon, K.-I. Hibara, M. Aida, and M. Tasaka, “The NAC domain mediates functional specificity of CUP-SHAPED COTYLEDON proteins,” Plant Journal, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 462–473, 2004.
- K.-I. Hibara, S. Takada, and M. Tasaka, “CUC1 gene activates the expression of SAM-related genes to induce adventitious shoot formation,” Plant Journal, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 687–696, 2003.
- A. Hasson, A. Plessis, T. Blein et al., “Evolution and diverse roles of the CUP-SHAPED COTYLEDON genes in Arabidopsis leaf development,” Plant Cell, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 54–68, 2011.
- I. Weir, J. Lu, H. Cook, B. Causier, Z. Schwarz-Sommer, and B. Davies, “Cupuliformis establishes lateral organ boundaries in Antirrhinum,” Development, vol. 131, no. 4, pp. 915–922, 2004.
- R. Ruiz-Medrano, B. Xoconostle-Cázares, and W. J. Lucas, “Phloem long-distance transport of CmNACP mRNA: implications for supracellular regulation in plants,” Development, vol. 126, no. 20, pp. 4405–4419, 1999.
- X.-J. He, R.-L. Mu, W.-H. Cao, Z.-G. Zhang, J.-S. Zhang, and S.-Y. Chen, “AtNAC2, a transcription factor downstream of ethylene and auxin signaling pathways, is involved in salt stress response and lateral root development,” Plant Journal, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 903–916, 2005.
- Q. Meng, C. Zhang, J. Gai, and D. Yu, “Molecular cloning, sequence characterization and tissue-specific expression of six NAC-like genes in soybean (Glycine max (L.) Merr.),” Journal of Plant Physiology, vol. 164, no. 8, pp. 1002–1012, 2007.
- W. R. Fehr, C. E. Caviness, D. T. Burmood, and J. S. Pennington, “Stage of development descriptions for soybeans, Glycine max (L.) Merrill,” Crop Science, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 929–931, 1971.
- F. Huang, Y. Chi, J. Gai, and D. Yu, “Identification of transcription factors predominantly expressed in soybean flowers and characterization of GmSEP1 encoding a SEPALLATA1-like protein,” Gene, vol. 438, no. 1-2, pp. 40–48, 2009.
- H. A. Ernst, A. N. Olsen, K. Skriver, S. Larsen, and L. Lo Leggio, “Structure of the conserved domain of ANAC, a member of the NAC family of transcription factors,” EMBO Reports, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 297–303, 2004.
- L.-S. P. Tran, K. Nakashima, Y. Sakuma et al., “Isolation and functional analysis of arabidopsis stress-inducible NAC transcription factors that bind to a drought-responsive cis-element in the early responsive to dehydration stress 1 promoter,” Plant Cell, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 2481–2498, 2004.
- H. Peng, H.-Y. Cheng, X.-W. Yu et al., “Characterization of a chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) NAC family gene, CarNAC5, which is both developmentally- and stress-regulated,” Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, vol. 47, no. 11-12, pp. 1037–1045, 2009.
- A. N. Olsen, H. A. Ernst, L. L. Leggio, and K. Skriver, “NAC transcription factors: structurally distinct, functionally diverse,” Trends in Plant Science, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 79–87, 2005.
- S. Balazadeh, H. Siddiqui, A. D. Allu et al., “A gene regulatory network controlled by the NAC transcription factor ANAC092/AtNAC2/ORE1 during salt-promoted senescence,” Plant Journal, vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 250–264, 2010.