- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Veterinary Medicine International
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 142715, 5 pages
A Quantitative Study on the Trachea of the Red Sokoto (Maradi) Goat (Capra hircus)
1Department of Veterinary Anatomy, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State, Nigeria
2Department of Veterinary Physiology and Pharmacology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State, Nigeria
Received 9 October 2013; Accepted 18 November 2013; Published 28 January 2014
Academic Editor: Daniel Smeak
Copyright © 2014 O. Byanet et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- U. W. Osuhor, J. P. Alawa, E. A. Lufadeju, et al., “Overnight manure production from Red Sokoto goats in Zaria, Nigeria,” in Proceedings of the Silver Anniversary Conference of Nigerian Society for Animal Production, pp. 434–435, Abeokuta, Nigeria, March 1998.
- K. M. Dyce, W. O. Sack, C. J. G. Wensing, et al., Textbook of Veterinary Anatomy, Elsevier Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 3rd edition, 2002.
- I. Cano and W. Pérez, “Quantitative anatomy of the trachea of the giraffe (Giraffa camelopardalis rothschildi),” International Journal of Morphology, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 905–908, 2009.
- H. E. Evans and G. C. Christensen, Miller's Anatomy of the Dog, Elsevier Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1979.
- M. J. Dallman and E. M. Brown, “Statistical analysis of selected tracheal measurements in normal dogs and dogs with collapsed trachea,” American Journal of Veterinary Research, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 1033–1037, 1984.
- S. Sisson and J. D. Grossman, “The respiratory sytem,” in The Anatomy of Domestic Animals, pp. 517–563, W. B. Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 4th edition, 1953.
- R. E. Hyatt, T. A. Wilson, and E. Bar-Yishay, “Prediction of maximal expiratory flow in excised human lungs,” Journal of Applied Physiology, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 991–998, 1980.
- R. W. Van and R. W. Pelt, “Confirming tracheal hypoplasia in Husky-mix pups,” Veterinary Medicine, vol. 83, no. 35, pp. 266–273, 1998.
- J. L. Buback, H. W. Boothe, and H. P. Hobson, “Surgical treatment of tracheal collapse in dogs: 90 cases (1983–1993),” Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, vol. 208, no. 3, pp. 380–384, 1996.
- S. K. Salisbury, S. Forbes, and W. E. Blevins, “Peritracheal abscess associated with tracheal collapse and bilateral laryngeal paralysis in a dog,” Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, vol. 196, no. 8, pp. 1273–1275, 1990.
- M. M. Smith, I. M. Gourley, T. C. Amis, and C. Kurpershoek, “Management of tracheal stenosis in a dog,” Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, vol. 196, no. 6, pp. 931–934, 1990.
- P. Kumar, G. Singh, S. K. Nagpal, and L. D. Dhingra, “Tracheal dimensions of camel,” The Indian Journal of Animal Sciences, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 129–133, 1992.
- I. Dabanoglu, M. K. Ocal, and M. E. Kara, “A quantitative study on the Trachea of the dog,” Anatomia, Histologia, Embryologia, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 57–59, 2001.
- R. R. De Freitas, F. C. Pogliani, N. Moretti Jr. et al., “Tracheal morphometrics in the Thoroughbred horse,” Journal of Equine Veterinary Science, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 242–245, 2001.
- G. A. Chibuzo and M. N. Sivachelvan, Ruminant Dissection Guide: A Regional Approach in the Goat, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine Occasional Publication, University of Maiduguri, Maiduguri, Nigeria, 2nd edition, 1994.
- Nomina Anatomica Veterinaria (NAV), International Committee on Veterinary Gross Anatomical Nomenclature, 5th edition, 2005, http://www.wava-amav.org/Downloads/nav_2005.pdf.
- E. J. O. Ten-Hallers, G. Rakhorsta, H. A. M. Marresb, et al., “Animal models for tracheal research,” Biomaterials, vol. 25, pp. 1533–1543, 2004.
- M. F. Al-Zghoul, Z. B. Ismail, R. K. Al-Rukibat, and A. M. Al-Majali, “A quantitative study on the trachea of young Arabian camels (Camelus dromedarius),” Journal of Camel Practice and Research, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 129–133, 2006.
- D. F. N. Harrison, “Biomechanics of the giraffe larynx and trachea,” Acta Oto-Laryngologica, vol. 89, no. 3-4, pp. 258–264, 1980.
- P. M. Boiselle, “Imaging of the large airways,” Clinics in Chest Medicine, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 181–193, 2008.
- C. Javidan-Nejad, “MDCT of Trachea and Main Bronchi,” Radiologic Clinics of North America, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 157–176, 2010.
- R. Nickel, A. Schummer, and E. Seiferle, The Viscera of the Domestic Mammals, Paul Parey, Berlin, Germany, 1973.
- B. Tahmina, N. Humaira, A. Jahangir, K. P. Uttam, J. A. Afshan, and A. Jesmin, “Cadaveric length of Trachea in Bangladeshi adult male,” Bangladesh Journal of Anatomy, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 42–44, 2009.
- A. I. Abrikosov, Chattnaya Patologicheskaya (Special Pathological Anatomy), Leningrad, Russia, 1947.
- J. P. Morgan, T. Miyabayashi, and S. Choy, “Cervical spine motion: radiographic study,” American Journal of Veterinary Research, vol. 47, no. 10, pp. 2165–2169, 1986.