We are delighted to announce the return of the Article of the Year Award: our annual celebration of authors’ outstanding contributions to their respective research communities.
With last year’s winning articles seeing an average increase in usage by 88% since the award’s launch, the Article of the Year Award serves as a platform to help boost the visibility of important and inspiring content, as well as shine a spotlight on researchers’ hard work and dedication to driving science forward.
What is the Article of the Year Award?
The Article of the Year Award celebrates outstanding articles published the previous year in Hindawi journals.
Chief Editors were invited to select one original research or review article published in their journal in 2021 that they consider to be exciting and impactful, as well as representative of the research community and its current or future directions.
As a thank you for their valued contribution to scientific research, the authors of each Article of the Year have been awarded an article processing charge (APC) waiver on their next manuscript accepted for publication in a Hindawi journal.
Discover the winners of this year’s Article of the Year Award
Please join us in congratulating our Article of the Year 2021 authors. We encourage you to take a look at the winning articles, categorized by discipline, and discover why each publication was crowned its journal’s champion.
Could your manuscript be the next Article of the Year?
At Hindawi, we place the researcher at the heart of everything we do. Submit your manuscript and benefit from:
- An easy-to-use manuscript submission system without manuscript formatting requirements.
- Free of charge, full language editing report available during submission process to help you assess and improve your manuscript prior to peer review.
- Dedicated editors handling your manuscript.
- High editorial standards, ensuring all published manuscripts undergo an in-depth peer review process.
- Quick, efficient publication with full transparency on all publishing metrics and turnaround times.
- Greater impact, reach and visibility of your research through open access.
- UA unique agreement with ResearchGate that means the full versions of all articles are made openly available on ResearchGate as soon as they are published in the journal – providing wider dissemination and greater visibility for your research.
- Retention of all ownership and copyright of your published research.
- Discount on a wide range of author services from leading providers to help make your manuscript the best it can be.
Thank you to all of the authors who published with Hindawi in 2021. We’re proud to publish your scientific findings, and will continue on in our mission to ensure that every valuable research or review article finds a home in one of our journals. If you have any questions about the Article of the Year Award or suggestions on how we can better serve our community of authors, please reach out to [email protected].
Article of the Year Award 2021 winners >>
This blog post is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY). Illustration adapted from Adobe Stock by David Jury.