- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 232640, 12 pages
The Fabrication of Automobile Components by Applying Electromagnetic Stirring in Semisolid Process
1Precision Manufacturing Systems Division, Pusan National University, Pusan 609-735, Republic of Korea
2School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National University, Pusan 609-735, Republic of Korea
Received 1 September 2010; Accepted 19 November 2010
Academic Editor: Shoujin Sun
Copyright © 2011 H. H. Kim and C. G. Kang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. C. Flemings, “Behavior of metal alloys in the semisolid state,” Metallurgical Transactions A, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 957–981, 1991.
- C. G. Kang, P. K. Seo, and Y. P. Jeon, “Thixo diecasting process for fabrication of thin-type component with wrought aluminum alloys and its formability limitation,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 160, no. 1, pp. 59–69, 2005.
- A. Pola, R. Roberti, E. Bertoli, and D. Furloni, “Design and production of new aluminum thixotropic alloys for the manufacture of structural components by semisolid die casting,” Diffusion and Defect Data Part B, vol. 116-117, pp. 58–63, 2006.
- D. Liu, H. V. Atkinson, P. Kapranos, W. Jirattiticharoean, and H. Jones, “Microstructural evolution and tensile mechanical properties of thixoformed high performance aluminium alloys,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 361, no. 1-2, pp. 213–224, 2003.
- K. Sukumaran, B. C. Pai, and M. Chakraborty, “The effect of isothermal mechanical stirring on an Al-Si alloy in the semisolid condition,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 369, no. 1-2, pp. 275–283, 2004.
- C. G. Kang, P. K. Seo, and Y. I. Son, “The effect of velocity control method on the part characteristic in semi-solid die casting,” The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers A, vol. 10, pp. 2034–2043, 2002.
- C. P. Hong and J. M. Kim, “Development of an advanced rheocasting process and its applications,” Diffusion and Defect Data Part B, vol. 116-117, pp. 44–53, 2006.
- S. Lee and B. J. Ye, “The variation of pore distribution behavior according to melt treatments for Al alloys,” The Korean Foundrymen’s Society, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 343–349, 1999.