- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 483651, 6 pages
Synthesis of Hollow Silica Nanospheres by Sacrificial Polystyrene Templates for Thermal Insulation Applications
1Department of Civil and Transport Engineering, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), 7491 Trondheim, Norway
2Department of Architectural Design, History and Technology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), 7491 Trondheim, Norway
3Department of Materials and Structures, SINTEF Building and Infrastructure, 7465 Trondheim, Norway
Received 10 January 2013; Accepted 21 February 2013
Academic Editor: Marcel Ausloos
Copyright © 2013 Linn Ingunn C. Sandberg et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [18 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Bjørn Petter Jelle, “Solar radiation glazing factors for window panes, glass structures and electrochromic windows in buildings—Measurement and calculation,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 116, pp. 291–323, 2013.
- Bjørn Petter Jelle, “The challenge of removing snow downfall on photovoltaic solar cell roofs in order to maximize solar energy efficiency—Research opportunities for the future,” Energy and Buildings, vol. 67, pp. 334–351, 2013.
- Alexander Liberman, Natalie Mendez, William C. Trogler, and Andrew C. Kummel, “Synthesis and surface functionalization of silica nanoparticles for nanomedicine,” Surface Science Reports, vol. 69, no. 2-3, pp. 132–158, 2014.
- Reidun Dahl Schlanbusch, Bjørn Petter Jelle, Linn Ingunn Christie Sandberg, Selamawit Mamo Fufa, and Tao Gao, “Integration of Life Cycle Assessment in the Design of Hollow Silica Nanospheres for Thermal Insulation Applications,” Building and Environment, 2014.
- Alireza Ebrahiminezhad, Sohrab Najafipour, Amin Kouhpayeh, Aydin Berenjian, Sara Rasoul-Amini, and Younes Ghasemi, “Facile fabrication of uniform hollow silica microspheres using a novel biological template,” Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2014.
- Simen Edsjo Kalnaes, and Bjorn Petter Jelle, “Vacuum insulation panel products: A state-of-the-art review and future research pathways,” Applied Energy, vol. 116, pp. 355–375, 2014.
- Xia Xu, Jihoon Park, Yang-Ki Hong, and Alan M. Lane, “Synthesis and characterization of hollow mesoporous BaFe12O19 spheres,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, 2014.
- Margot Segers, Nanning Arfsten, Pascal Buskens, and Martin Moeller, “A facile route for the synthesis of sub-micron sized hollow and multiporous organosilica spheres,” Rsc Advances, vol. 4, no. 40, pp. 20673–20676, 2014.
- Wanghui Chen, Chika Takai, Hadi Razavi Khosroshahi, Masayoshi Fuji, and Takashi Shirai, “Surfactant-free fabrication of SiO2-coated negatively charged polymer beads and monodisperse hollow SiO2 particles,” Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, vol. 481, pp. 375–383, 2015.
- Kun Ren, Yi Liu, Xiaoyan He, and Hua Li, “Suspension Plasma Spray Fabrication of Nanocrystalline Titania Hollow Microspheres for Photocatalytic Applications,” Journal of Thermal Spray Technology, 2015.
- Simen Edsjo Kalnaes, and Bjorn Petter Jelle, “Phase change materials and products for building applications: A state-of-the-art review and future research opportunities,” Energy And Buildings, vol. 94, pp. 150–176, 2015.
- Serina Ng, Bjorn Petter Jelle, Linn Ingunn Christie Sandberg, Tao Gao, and Olafur Haralds Wallevik, “Experimental investigations of aerogel-incorporated ultra-high performance concrete,” Construction And Building Materials, vol. 77, pp. 307–316, 2015.
- Takeshi Ihara, Steinar Grynning, Tao Gao, Arild Gustavsen, and Bjørn Petter Jelle, “Impact of convection on thermal performance of aerogel granulate glazing systems,” Energy and Buildings, vol. 88, pp. 165–173, 2015.
- Suresh Kumar Rajanna, Madhu Vinjamur, and Mamata Mukhopadhyay, “Mechanism for formation of Hollow and Granular Silica Aerogel Microspheres from rice husk ash for drug delivery,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 429, pp. 226–231, 2015.
- P. Ruckdeschel, T. W. Kemnitzer, F. A. Nutz, J. Senker, and M. Retsch, “Hollow silica sphere colloidal crystals: insights into calcination dependent thermal transport,” Nanoscale, vol. 7, no. 22, pp. 10059–10070, 2015.
- Chengdong Li, Binbin Li, Ning Pan, Zhaofeng Chen, Muhammad Umar Saeed, Tengzhou Xu, and Yong Yang, “Thermo-physical properties of polyester fiber reinforced fumed silica/hollow glass microsphere composite core and resulted vacuum insulation panel,” Energy and Buildings, 2016.
- Ryuma M. Matsuda, Anna V. Gubarevich, Hiroyuki Wada, and Osamu Odawara, “Effect of sintering temperature on the characteristics of ceramic hollow spheres produced by sacrificial template technique,” Ceramics International, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 8409–8412, 2016.
- Dorina G. Dobó, Dániel Berkesi, and Ákos Kukovecz, “Morphology conserving aminopropyl functionalization of hollow silica nanospheres in toluene,” Journal of Molecular Structure, 2016.