- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 561273, 9 pages
Compression of Multilayered Composite Electrospun Scaffolds: A Novel Strategy to Rapidly Enhance Mechanical Properties and Three Dimensionality of Bone Scaffolds
1Tissue Engineering Laboratory, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Virginia Commonwealth University, P.O. Box 843067, Richmond, VA 23284-3067, USA
2School of Dentistry, Virginia Commonwealth University, P.O. Box 843067, Richmond, VA 23284-3067, USA
3Biomaterials Laboratory, School of Dentistry, Virginia Commonwealth University, P.O. Box 843067, Richmond, VA 23284-3067, USA
4Department of Biomedical Engineering, School of Engineering, Virginia Commonwealth University, P.O. Box 843067, Richmond, VA 23284-3067, USA
Received 6 July 2012; Accepted 14 December 2012
Academic Editor: Manish U. Chhowalla
Copyright © 2013 Parthasarathy A. Madurantakam et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [4 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Nowsheen Goonoo, Archana Bhaw-Luximon, and Dhanjay Jhurry, “Drug Loading and Release from Electrospun Biodegradable Nanofibers,” Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology, vol. 10, no. 9, pp. 2173–2199, 2014.
- Suyog Yoganarasimha, William R. Trahan, Al M. Best, Gary L. Bowlin, Todd O. Kitten, Peter C. Moon, and Parthasarathy A. Madurantakam, “Peracetic Acid: A Practical Agent for Sterilizing Heat-Labile Polymeric Tissue-Engineering Scaffolds,” Tissue Engineering Part C-Methods, vol. 20, no. 9, pp. 714–723, 2014.
- Jennifer M. McCool, Isaac A. Rodriguez, Scott A. Sell, and Yang Han, “A preliminary study on amelogenin-loaded electrospun scaffolds,” Journal of Bioactive and Compatible Polymers, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 32–49, 2014.
- Maliheh Yaghoobi, Sameereh Hashemi-Najafabadi, Masoud Soleimani, Ebrahim Vasheghani-Farahani, and Seyyed Mohammad Mousavi, “Osteogenic Differentiation and Mineralization on Compact Multilayer nHA-PCL Electrospun Scaffolds in a Perfusion Bioreactor,” Iranian Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 41–49, 2016.