- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 754162, 12 pages
A Frame Element Model for the Nonlinear Analysis of FRP-Strengthened Masonry Panels Subjected to In-Plane Loads
Department of Civil and Mechanical Engineering (DICeM), University of Cassino and Southern Lazio, Via G. Di Biasio 43, 0043 Cassino, Italy
Received 20 May 2013; Accepted 1 August 2013
Academic Editor: Vladimir Tsukruk
Copyright © 2013 Ernesto Grande et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Grande and A. Romano, “Experimental investigation and numerical analysis of tuff-brick listed masonry panels,” Materials and Structures, vol. 46, no. 1-2, pp. 63–75, 2013.
- L. Decanini, A. de Sortis, A. Goretti, R. Langenbach, F. Mollaioli, and A. Rasulo, “Performance of masonry buildings during the 2002 Molise, Italy, earthquake,” Earthquake Spectra, vol. 20, supplement 1, pp. S191–S220, 2004.
- D. F. D’Ayala and S. Paganoni, “Assessment and analysis of damage in L'Aquila historic city centre after 6th April 2009,” Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 81–104, 2011.
- A. Khalifa, W. J. Gold, A. Nanni, and M. I. Abdel Aziz, “Contribution of externally bonded FRP to shear capacity of RC flexural members,” Journal of Composites for Construction, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 195–202, 1998.
- E. Grande, M. Imbimbo, and A. Rasulo, “Effect of transverse steel on the response of RC beams strengthened in shear by FRP: experimental study,” Journal of Composites for Construction, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 405–414, 2009.
- T. C. Triantafillou, “Strengthening of masonry structures using epoxy-bonded FRP laminates,” Journal of Composites for Construction, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 96–104, 1998.
- G. Marcari, G. Manfredi, A. Prota, and M. Pecce, “In-plane shear performance of masonry panels strengthened with FRP,” Composites B, vol. 38, no. 7-8, pp. 887–901, 2007.
- K. M. C. Konthesingha, M. J. Masia, R. B. Petersen, N. Mojsilovic, G. Simundic, and A. W. Page, “Static cyclic in-plane shear response of damaged masonry walls retrofitted with NSM FRP strips—an experimental evaluation,” Engineering Structures, vol. 50, pp. 126–136, 2013.
- I. Cancelliere, M. Imbimbo, and E. Sacco, “Experimental tests and numerical modeling of reinforced masonry arches,” Engineering Structures, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 776–792, 2010.
- E. Grande, M. Imbimbo, and E. Sacco, “Bond behaviour of CFRP laminates glued on clay bricks: experimental and numerical study,” Composites B, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 330–340, 2011.
- E. Grande, M. Imbimbo, and E. Sacco, “Bond behavior of historical clay bricks strengthened with Steel Reinforced Polymers (SRP),” Materials, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 585–600, 2011.
- M. R. Valluzzi, D. V. Oliveira, A. Caratelli, et al., “Round Robin Test for composite-to-brick shear bond characterization,” Materials and Structures, vol. 45, no. 12, pp. 1761–1791, 2012.
- M. Panizza, E. Garbin, M. R. Valluzzi, and C. Modena, “Bond behaviour of CFRP and GFRP laminates on brick masonry,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Structural Analysis of Historic Construction: Preserving Safety and Significance (SAHC '08), D. D’Ayala and E. Fodde, Eds., pp. 763–770, Bath, UK, July 2008.
- D. V. Oliveira, I. Basilio, and P. B. Loureço, “Experimental bond behavior of FRP sheets glued on brick masonry,” Journal of Composites for Construction, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 32–41, 2011.
- E. Grande, M. Imbimbo, and E. Sacco, “Simple model for bond behavior of masonry elements strengthened with FRP,” Journal of Composites for Construction, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 354–363, 2011.
- E. Grande, M. Imbimbo, and E. Sacco, “A beam finite element for nonlinear analysis of masonry elements with or without fiber-reinforced plastic (FRP) reinforcements,” International Journal of Architectural Heritage, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 693–716, 2011.
- E. Grande, M. Imbimbo, and E. Sacco, “Finite element analysis of masonry panels strengthened with FRPs,” Composites B, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 1296–1309, 2013.
- G. Milani, K. Beyer, and A. Dazio, “Upper bound limit analysis of meso-mechanical spandrel models for the pushover analysis of 2D masonry frames,” Engineering Structures, vol. 31, no. 11, pp. 2696–2710, 2009.
- A. Cundari and G. Milani, “Homogenized and heterogeneous limit analysis model for the pushover analysis of ancient masonry walls with irregular texture,” International Journal of Architectural Heritage, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 303–338, 2013.
- E. Grande, M. Imbimbo, and E. Sacco, “Modeling and numerical analysis of the bond behavior of masonry elements strengthened with SRP/SRG,” Composites B, vol. 55, pp. 128–138, 2013.
- C. Maruccio, P. B. Lourenço, and D. V. Oliveira, “Development of a constitutive model for the masonry-FRP interface behaviour,” in Proceedings of the 8th World Congress on Computational Mechanics, Venice, Italy, 2008.
- E. Grande, M. Imbimbo, and E. Sacco, “Finite element analysis of masonry panels strengthened with FRPs,” Composites B, vol. 45, pp. 1296–1309, 2013.
- E. Grande, G. Milani, and E. Sacco, “Modelling and analysis of FRP-strengthened masonry panels,” Engineering Structures, vol. 30, no. 7, pp. 1842–1860, 2008.
- G. Milani, P. B. Lourenço, and A. Tralli, “Homogenised limit analysis of masonry walls—part I: failure surfaces,” Computers and Structures, vol. 84, no. 3-4, pp. 166–180, 2006.
- A. Caporale, L. Feo, and R. Luciano, “Limit analysis of FRP strengthened masonry arches via nonlinear and linear programming,” Composites B, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 439–446, 2012.
- G. Magenes and A. della Fontana, “Simplified non-linear seismic analysis of masonry buildings,” Proceedings of the British Masonry Society, vol. 8, pp. 190–195, 1998.
- G. Marcari, Il rinforzo sismico di murature di tufo con materiali fibrorinforzati [Ph.D. thesis], University of Naples, 2005.
- MathWorks, Inc., Matlab Reference Manual, Version 6.5, MathWorks, Inc., Natick, Mass, USA, 2002.
- L. Fantoni, Rapporto Sulle Prove della Capacità Portante di Murature in Pietrame Iniettate, CRAD: Centro di Ricerca Applicata e Documentazione, Udine, Italy, 1981.
- G. Giambanco, S. Rizzo, and R. Spallino, Il Modello di Interfaccia a Doppia Asperità per l’analisi delle Strutture Discontinue, Atti del Convegno Nazionale: La Meccanica delle Murature tra Teoria e Progetto, Messina, Italy, 1996.
- A. Giuffrè and A. Grimaldi, Studi Italiani Sulla Meccanica delle Murature, Atti del Convegno: Stato dell’arte in Italia sulla Meccanica delle Murature, Roma, Italy, 1985.
- A. Callerio, Comportamento sismico delle murature ne-gli edifici monumentali: un metodo di analisi basato sulla meccanica del danneggiamento [Doctoral dissertation], University of Naples, 1998.