- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 548280, 12 pages
A New Insight into Hepatitis C Vaccine Development
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medicine, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, No. 1 Chang-Te Street, Taipei 100, Taiwan
Received 14 December 2009; Revised 25 February 2010; Accepted 5 April 2010
Academic Editor: Zhengguo Xiao
Copyright © 2010 Chun I. Yu and Bor-Luen Chiang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [25 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Joseph Ahn, and Steven L. Flamm, “Hepatitis C Therapy: Other Players in the Game,” Clinics in Liver Disease, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 641–656, 2011.
- Yoshio Fujita, and Hiroaki Taguchi, “Current status of multiple antigen-presenting peptide vaccine systems: Application of organic and inorganic nanoparticles,” Chemistry Central Journal, vol. 5, 2011.
- Dinler A. Antunes, Mauricio M. Rigo, Jader P. Silva, Samuel P. Cibulski, Marialva Sinigaglia, Jose A. B. Chies, and Gustavo F. Vieira, “Structural in silico analysis of cross-genotype-reactivity among naturally occurring HCV NS3-1073-variants in the context of HLA-A*02:01 allele,” Molecular Immunology, vol. 48, no. 12-13, pp. 1461–1467, 2011.
- Guimei Yang, Shuwen Chen, Xiangying Zhu, Shenghua Liang, Longding Liu, and Daming Ren, “A Synthetic Multi-epitope Antigen Enhances Hepatitis C Virus-Specific B- and T-Cell Responses,” Viral Immunology, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 109–118, 2011.
- Andrea L. Armstead, and Bingyun Li, “Nanomedicine as an emerging approach against intracellular pathogens,” International Journal of Nanomedicine, vol. 6, pp. 3281–3293, 2011.
- Ellis L. Reinherz, and Oreste Acuto, “Molecular T cell biology - basic and translational challenges in the twenty-first century,” Frontiers in Immunology, vol. 2, 2011.
- Yun Zhou, Ying Zhang, Zhiqiang Yao, Jonathan Patrick Moorman, and Zhansheng Jia, “Dendritic cell-based immunity and vaccination against hepatitis C virus infection,” Immunology, vol. 136, no. 4, pp. 385–396, 2012.
- Liz Alvarez-Lajonchere, and Santiago Dueñas-Carrera, “Complete Definition of Immunological Correlates of Protection and Clearance of Hepatitis C Virus Infection: A Relevant Pending Task for Vaccine Development,” International Reviews of Immunology, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 223–242, 2012.
- C. Z. Grimes, L.-Y. Hwang, P. Wei, D. P. Shah, K. A. Volcik, and E. L. Brown, “Differentially regulated gene expression associated with hepatitis C virus clearance,” Journal of General Virology, vol. 94, no. Pt_3, pp. 534–542, 2012.
- Bethany White, Annie Madden, Margaret Hellard, Thomas Kerr, Maria Prins, Kimberly Page, Gregory J. Dore, and Lisa Maher, “Increased hepatitis C virus vaccine clinical trial literacy following a brief intervention among people who inject drugs,” Drug and Alcohol Review, 2012.
- Aninthita Phalaphol, Kanyarat Thueng-in, Jeeraphong Thanongsaksrikul, Ornnuthchar Poungpair, Kunan Bangphoomi, Nitat Sookrung, Potjanee Srimanote, and Wanpen Chaicumpa, “Humanized-VH/VHH that inhibit HCV replication by interfering with the virus helicase activity,” Journal of Virological Methods, 2013.
- Ayssa A. Self, Phyllis T. Losikoff, and Stephen H. Gregory, “Divergent contributions of regulatory T cells to the pathogenesis of chronic hepatitis C,” Human vaccines & immunotherapeutics, vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 1569–1576, 2013.
- Bertrand Bellier, and David Klatzmann, “Virus-like particle-based vaccines against hepatitis C virus infection,” Expert Review of Vaccines, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 143–154, 2013.
- Yun Zhou, Ying Zhang, Zhiqiang Yao, Chunqiu Hao, Zhansheng Jia, Futao Zhao, Lin Chen, Li Ma, Yu Wang, Yu He, Zhiyuan Ma, Haili Liu, and Yonghong Guo, “Development of a dendritic cell vaccine encoding multiple cytotoxic T lymphocyte epitopes targeting hepatitis C virus,” International Journal of Molecular Medicine, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 901–909, 2013.
- Kirti Khuntwal, Mukesh Yadav, Anuraj Nayarisseri, Shobha Joshi, Deepika Sharma, and Smita Suhane, “Credential role of van der Waal volumes and atomic masses in modeling hepatitis C virus NS5B polymerase inhibition by Tetrahydrobenzo-thiophenes using SVM and MLR aided QSAR studies,” Current Bioinformatics, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 465–471, 2013.
- Sasmita Mishra, Bianca J. Lavelle, Joe Desrosiers, Matt T. Ardito, Frances Terry, William D. Martin, Anne S. De Groot, and Stephen H. Gregory, “Dendritic Cell-Mediated, DNA-Based Vaccination against Hepatitis C Induces the Multi-Epitope-Specific Response of Humanized, HLA Transgenic Mice,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 8, 2014.
- Hui Chen, Na Gao, Jiangman Wu, Xiaoyan Zheng, Jieqiong Li, Dongying Fan, and Jing An, “Variable effects of the co-administration of a GM-CSF-expressing plasmid on the immune response to flavivirus DNA vaccines in mice,” Immunology Letters, 2014.
- Karim M Abdel-Hady, Andres H Gutierrez, Frances Terry, Joe Desrosiers, Anne S De Groot, and Hassan ME Azzazy, “Identification and retrospective validation of T-cell epitopes in the hepatitis C virus genotype 4 proteome: An accelerated approach toward epitope-driven vaccine development,” Human vaccines & immunotherapeutics, vol. 10, no. 8, 2014.
- Reneé C. Ireton, and Michael Gale, “Pushing to a cure by harnessing innate immunity against hepatitis C virus,” Antiviral Research, 2014.
- Sasmita Mishra, Phyllis T. Losikoff, Alyssa A. Self, Frances Terry, Matthew T. Ardito, Ryan Tassone, William D. Martin, Anne S. De Groot, and Stephen H. Gregory, “Peptide-pulsed dendritic cells induce the hepatitis C viral epitope-specific responses of naïve human T cells,” Vaccine, 2014.
- Bharti Mehta, Vijay Kumar, Sumit Chawla, Harashish Jindal, and Bhumika Bhatt, “Hepatitis C : Is a vaccine the solution?,” Human vaccines & immunotherapeutics, vol. 10, no. 3, 2014.
- Min Zhong, Eric Peng, Ningwu Huang, Qi Huang, Anja Huq, Meiyen Lau, Richard Colonno, and Leping Li, “Potent bisimidazole-based HCV NS5A inhibitors bearing annulated tricyclic motifs,” Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 24, no. 24, pp. 5738–5742, 2014.
- Min Zhong, Eric Peng, Ningwu Huang, Qi Huang, Anja Huq, Meiyen Lau, Richard Colonno, and Leping Li, “Discovery of functionalized bisimidazoles bearing cyclic aliphatic-phenyl motifs as HCV NS5A inhibitors,” Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 24, no. 24, pp. 5731–5737, 2014.
- Charles S. Demmer, and Lennart Bunch, “Benzoxazoles and Oxazolopyridines in Medicinal Chemistry Studies,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2014.
- Muhammad Qasim, Dong-Jin Lim, Hansoo Park, and Dokyun Na, “Nanotechnology for Diagnosis and Treatment of Infectious Diseases,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 7374–7387, 2014.