- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 373781, 8 pages
The Effects of Erythropoietin Dose Titration during High-Fat Diet-Induced Obesity
Molecular Medicine Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Received 16 September 2010; Revised 24 January 2011; Accepted 3 February 2011
Academic Editor: Oreste Gualillo
Copyright © 2011 Amanda Foskett et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Vladimir E. Martinez-Bello, Fabian Sanchis-Gomar, Marco Romagnoli, Frederic Derbre, Mari Carmen Gomez-Cabrera, and Jose Vina, “Three weeks of erythropoietin treatment hampers skeletal muscle mitochondrial biogenesis in rats,” Journal Of Physiology And Biochemistry, vol. 68, no. 4, pp. 593–601, 2012.
- Mawadda Alnaeeli, Li Wang, Barbora Piknova, Heather Rogers, Xiaoxia Li, and Constance Tom Noguchi, “Erythropoietin in Brain Development and Beyond,” Anatomy Research International, vol. 2012, pp. 1–15, 2012.
- Kerstin Spliethoff, Daniela Meier, Isabelle Aeberli, Max Gassmann, Wolfgang Langhans, Marco Maggiorini, Thomas A. Lutz, and Oliver Goetze, “Reduced Insulin Sensitivity as a Marker for Acute Mountain Sickness?,” High Altitude Medicine & Biology, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 240–250, 2013.
- Li Wang, Constance Tom Noguchi, Yi Jia, Heather Rogers, Norio Suzuki, Max Gassmann, Qian Wang, Alexandra C. McPherron, Jeffery B. Kopp, and Masayuki Yamamoto, “Erythropoietin contributes to slow oxidative muscle fiber specification via PGC-1α and AMPK activation,” International Journal of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, vol. 45, no. 7, pp. 1155–1164, 2013.
- Mawadda Alnaeeli, Bruce M. Raaka, Oksana Gavrilova, Ruifeng Teng, Tatyana Chanturiya, and Constance Tom Noguchi, “Erythropoietin Signaling: A Novel Regulator of White Adipose Tissue Inflammation During Diet-Induced Obesity,” Diabetes, vol. 63, no. 7, pp. 2415–2431, 2014.
- Mawadda Alnaeeli, and Constance Tom Noguchi, “Erythropoietin and obesity-induced white adipose tissue inflammation: redefining the boundaries of the immunometabolism territory,” Adipocyte, pp. 1–5, 2014.
- Soumyadeep Dey, Tyler Scullen, and Constance Tom Noguchi, “Erythropoietin negatively regulates pituitary ACTH secretion,” Brain Research, 2015.
- Zhijuan Ge, Pengzi Zhang, Ting Hong, Sunyinyan Tang, Ran Meng, Yan Bi, and Dalong Zhu, “Erythropoietin alleviates hepatic insulin resistance via PPARγ-dependent AKT activation,” Scientific Reports, vol. 5, pp. 17878, 2015.
- Yuqi Liu, Bangwei Luo, Rongchen Shi, Jinsong Wang, Zongwei Liu, Wei Liu, Shufeng Wang, and Zhiren Zhang, “Nonerythropoietic Erythropoietin-Derived Peptide Suppresses Adipogenesis, Inflammation, Obesity and Insulin Resistance,” Scientific Reports, vol. 5, pp. 15134, 2015.
- Corinne Caillaud, Philippe Connes, Helmi Ben Saad, and Jacques Mercier, “Erythropoietin enhances whole body lipid oxidation during prolonged exercise in humans,” Journal of Physiology and Biochemistry, 2015.
- Britt Christensen, Birgitte Nellemann, Jens Otto L. Jørgensen, Steen B. Pedersen, and Niels Jessen, “Erythropoietin does not activate erythropoietin receptor signaling or lipolytic pathways in human subcutaneous white adipose tissue in vivo,” Lipids in Health and Disease, vol. 15, no. 1, 2016.