- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 424929, 15 pages
A Rabbit Model of Thrombosis on Atherosclerotic Lesions
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki, 5200 Kihara, Kiyotake, Miyazaki 889-1692, Japan
Received 14 September 2010; Accepted 29 November 2010
Academic Editor: Oreste Gualillo
Copyright © 2011 Atsushi Yamashita and Yujiro Asada. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- V. Duranthon, N. Beaujean, M. Brunner, K. E. Odening, A. Navarrete Santos, I. Kacskovics, L. Hiripi, E. J. Weinstein, and Z. Bosze, “On the emerging role of rabbit as human disease model and the instrumental role of novel transgenic tools,” Transgenic Research, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 699–713, 2012.
- Y. H. Ding, T. Tieu, and D. F. Kallmes, “Creation of sidewall aneurysm in rabbits: aneurysm patency and growth follow-up,” Journal of NeuroInterventional Surgery, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 29–31, 2012.
- Xin Sun, Wei Cao, Jinjin Cui, Liping Wang, Lansi Ma, Tengyu Wang, Chenghai Peng, Zhen Tian, Sa Shi, Shuyuan Guo, and Ye Tian, “An animal model of atherosclerotic plaque disruption and thrombosis in rabbit using pharmacological triggering to plaques induced by perivascular collar placement,” Cardiovascular Pathology, 2013.
- Shin-Jyung Kang, Yunsook Lim, and Ae-Jung Kim, “Korean red ginseng combined with nattokinase ameliorates dyslipidemia and the area of aortic plaques in high cholesterol-diet fed rabbits,” Food Science and Biotechnology, 2013.
- Xiaobing Xu, Wenya Lan, Xinxin Jin, Bin Wang, Hongbo Yan, Xi Chen, Xiaowei Lai, Li Zhang, Xiaohua Zhang, and Zhaoshen Li, “Regulated Expression of PTPRJ by COX-2/PGE(2) Axis in Endothelial Cells,” PLoS One, vol. 9, no. 12, 2014.
- Lukas Andereggen, Volker Neuschmelting, Michael von Gunten, Hans Rudolf Widmer, Javier Fandino, and Serge Marbacher, “The Role of Microclot Formation in an Acute Subarachnoid Hemorrhage Model in the Rabbit,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–10, 2014.
- Tuan A. Pham, Ning Hua, Alkystis Phinikaridou, Ronald Killiany, and James Hamilton, “Early In Vivo Discrimination of Vulnerable Atherosclerotic Plaques that Disrupt: A Serial MRI Study,” Atherosclerosis, 2015.
- Ning Hua, Fred Baik, Tuan Pham, Alkystis Phinikaridou, Nick Giordano, Beth Friedman, Michael Whitney, Quyen T. Nguyen, Roger Y. Tsien, and James A. Hamilton, “Identification of High-Risk Plaques by MRI and Fluorescence Imaging in a Rabbit Model of Atherothrombosis,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 10, 2015.
- Maria Teresa Balastegui, Juan José Ramos-Plá, Maria Dolores Ferrer-Puchol, José Maria Carrillo-Poveda, Joaquín Ortega-Porcel, Jerónimo Forteza-Vila, and Fernando Liste-Burillo, “Cryoplasty versus angioplasty in the treatment of arterial restenosis in an experimental model of atherosclerosis in rabbits,” Cryobiology, 2015.
- Christine Baumgartner, Johanna Brandl, Götz Münch, and Martin Ungerer, “Rabbit models to study atherosclerosis and its complications – Transgenic vascular protein expression in vivo,” Progress in Biophysics and Molecular Biology, 2016.