- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 564259, 21 pages
Cell Surface Remodeling by Plasmin: A New Function for an Old Enzyme
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Received 2 May 2012; Accepted 1 June 2012
Academic Editor: Lindsey A. Miles
Copyright © 2012 Elena I. Deryugina and James P. Quigley. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [38 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- B Casar, I Rimann, H Kato, S J Shattil, J P Quigley, and E I Deryugina, “In vivo cleaved CDCP1 promotes early tumor dissemination via complexing with activated β1 integrin and induction of FAK/PI3K/Akt motility signaling,” Oncogene, 2012.
- A G Stewart, Y C Xia, T Harris, S Royce, J A Hamilton, and M Schuliga, “Plasminogen-stimulated airway smooth muscle cell proliferation is mediated by urokinase and annexin A2, involving plasmin-activated cell signalling,” British Journal of Pharmacology, 2013.
- Anat Klein-Goldberg, Shelly Maman, and Isaac P. Witz, “The role played by the microenvironment in site-specific metastasis,” Cancer Letters, 2013.
- Brian S. Hamilton, and Gary R. Whittaker, “Cleavage activation of human-adapted influenza virus subtypes by kallikrein-related peptidases 5 and 12,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 288, no. 24, pp. 17399–17407, 2013.
- Valentina Pirazzoli, Gian Maria Sarra Ferraris, and Nicolai Sidenius, “Direct evidence of the importance of vitronectin and its interaction with the urokinase receptor in tumor growth,” Blood, vol. 121, no. 12, pp. 2316–2323, 2013.
- Nicolas Etique, Laurie Verzeaux, Stéphane Dedieu, and Hervé Emonard, “LRP-1: A Checkpoint for the Extracellular Matrix Proteolysis,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Lindseya. Miles, and Robertj. Parmer, “Plasminogen receptors: The first quarter century,” Seminars in Thrombosis and Hemostasis, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 329–337, 2013.
- J. Karkowska-Kuleta, and A. Kozik, “Moonlighting proteins as virulence factors of pathogenic fungi, parasitic protozoa and multicellular parasites,” Molecular Oral Microbiology, 2014.
- Soudabeh Sabetian, Mohd Shahir Shamsir, and Mohammed Abu Naser, “Functional features and protein network of human sperm-egg interaction,” Systems Biology in Reproductive Medicine, pp. 1–9, 2014.
- Christiane Wiesner, Véronique Le-Cabec, Karim El Azzouzi, Isabelle Maridonneau-Parini, and Stefan Linder, “Podosomes in space: Macrophage migration and matrix degradation in 2D and 3D settings,” Cell Adhesion & Migration, vol. 8, no. 3, 2014.
- M. Roselli, S. Riondino, S. Mariotti, F. La Farina, P. Ferroni, and F. Guadagni, “Clinical models and biochemical predictors of VTE in lung cancer,” Cancer and Metastasis Reviews, 2014.
- Rami A. Al-Horani, and Umesh R. Desai, “Recent Advances on Plasmin Inhibitors for the Treatment of Fibrinolysis-Related Disorders,” Medicinal Research Reviews, 2014.
- Pollyana M.S. Melo, Piero Bagnaresi, Thaysa Paschoalin, Izaura Y. Hirata, Marcos L. Gazarini, and Adriana K. Carmona, “Plasmodium falciparum proteases hydrolyze plasminogen, generating angiostatin-like fragments,” Molecular and Biochemical Parasitology, 2014.
- Miroslava Didiasova, Lukasz Wujak, Malgorzata Wygrecka, and Dariusz Zakrzewicz, “From Plasminogen to Plasmin: Role of Plasminogen Receptors in Human Cancer,” International Journal Of Molecular Sciences, vol. 15, no. 11, pp. 21229–21252, 2014.
- Ingrid M. Verhamme, and Paul E. Bock, “Rapid Binding of Plasminogen to Streptokinase in a Catalytic Complex Reveals a Three-step Mechanism,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 289, no. 40, pp. 28006–28018, 2014.
- B. Afsharimani, P. J. Cabot, and M.- O. Parat, “Effect of lysine antifibrinolytics and cyclooxygenase inhibitors on the proteolytic profile of breast cancer cells interacting with macrophages or endothelial cells,” British Journal of Anaesthesia, 2014.
- Jungha Park, Takayuki Yamaura, Jun Kawamoto, Tatsuo Kurihara, and Satoshi B. Sato, “Reciprocal Modulation of Surface Expression of Annexin A2 in a Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cell-Derived Cell Line by Eicosapentaenoic Acid and Docosahexaenoic Acid,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 1, 2014.
- Jean Claude Monboisse, Jean Baptiste Oudart, Laurent Ramont, Sylvie Brassart-Pasco, and François Xavier Maquart, “Matrikines from basement membrane collagens: A new anti-cancer strategy,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - General Subjects, 2014.
- Michael J. Duffy, Patricia M. McGowan, Nadia Harbeck, Christoph Thomssen, and Manfred Schmitt, “uPA and PAI-1 as biomarkers in breast cancer: validated for clinical use in level-of-evidence-1 studies,” Breast Cancer Research, vol. 16, no. 4, 2014.
- Amparo Estepa, and Julio Coll, “Inhibition of SERPINe1 reduces rhabdoviral infections in zebrafish,” Fish & Shellfish Immunology, 2015.
- Beate Heissig, Douaa Dhahri, Salita Eiamboonsert, Yousef Salama, Hiroshi Shimazu, Shinya Munakata, and Koichi Hattori, “Role of mesenchymal stem cell-derived fibrinolytic factor in tissue regeneration and cancer progression,” Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences, 2015.
- Marilyne Kpetemey, Subhamoy Dasgupta, Smrithi Rajendiran, Susobhan Das, Lee D. Gibbs, Praveenkumar Shetty, Zygmunt Gryczynski, and Jamboor K. Vishwanatha, “MIEN1, a novel interactor of Annexin A2, promotes tumor cell migration by enhancing AnxA2 cell surface expression,” Molecular Cancer, vol. 14, no. 1, 2015.
- Satu Hyvarinen, and T. Sakari Jokiranta, “Minor Role of Plasminogen in Complement Activation on Cell Surfaces,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 12, 2015.
- Koushi Hidaka, Keigo Gohda, Naoki Teno, Keiko Wanaka, and Yuko Tsuda, “Active site-directed plasmin inhibitors: Extension on the P2 residue,” Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, 2015.
- Benjamin B. Kasten, Xiaowei Ma, Kai Cheng, Lihong Bu, Winston S. Slocumb, Thomas R. Hayes, Steven Trabue, Zhen Cheng, and Paul D. Benny, “ Isothiocyanate-Functionalized Bifunctional Chelates and fac -[M I (CO) 3 ] + (M = Re, 99m Tc) Complexes for Targeting uPAR in Prostate Cancer ,” Bioconjugate Chemistry, 2015.
- Je-Seung Jeon, Jeeyoung Kim, Soyoung Park, Chongsuk Ryou, and Chul Young Kim, “ Preparative purification of plasmin activity stimulating phenolic derivatives from Gastrodia elata using centrifugal partition chromatography ,” Biomedical Chromatography, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 976–982, 2015.
- A. Laurenzana, G. Fibbi, F. Margheri, A. Biagioni, C. Luciani, M. Del Rosso, and A. Chilla, “Endothelial Progenitor Cells in Sprouting Angiogenesis: Proteases Pave the Way,” Current Molecular Medicine, vol. 15, no. 7, pp. 606–620, 2015.
- Alberto Dal Corso, Luca Pignataro, Laura Belvisi, and Cesare Gennari, “alpha(v)beta(3) Integrin-Targeted Peptide/Peptidomimetic-Drug Conjugates: In-Depth Analysis of the Linker Technology,” Current Topics In Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 314–329, 2015.
- Michael Schuliga, “The Inflammatory Actions of Coagulant and Fibrinolytic Proteases in Disease,” Mediators of Inflammation, vol. 2015, pp. 1–9, 2015.
- Natalie Lorenz, Evert Jan Loef, Inken D Kelch, Daniel J Verdon, Moyra M Black, Martin J Middleditch, David R Greenwood, E Scott Graham, Anna ES Brooks, P Rod Dunbar, and Nigel P Birch, “Plasmin and regulators of plasmin activity control the migratory capacity and adhesion of human T cells and dendritic cells by regulating cleavage of the chemokine CCL21,” Immunology and Cell Biology, 2016.
- Stefan Hinkes, André Wuttke, Sebastian M. Saupe, Teodora Ivanova, Sebastian Wagner, Anna Knörlein, Andreas Heine, Gerhard Klebe, and Torsten Steinmetzer, “Optimization of Cyclic Plasmin Inhibitors: From Benzamidines to Benzylamines,” Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2016.
- Hao Li, Yue Huang, Yue Yu, Tianqi Li, Genxi Li, and Jun-ichi Anzai, “Enzymatically Regulated Peptide Pairing and Catalysis for the Bioanalysis of Extracellular Prometastatic Activities of Functionally Linked Enzymes,” Scientific Reports, vol. 6, 2016.
- Zainab A. Bazzi, Danielle Lanoue, Mouhanned El-Youssef, Rocco Romagnuolo, Janice Tubman, Dora Cavallo-Medved, Lisa A. Porter, and Michael B. Boffa, “Activated thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor (TAFIa) attenuates breast cancer cell metastatic behaviors through inhibition of plasminogen activation and extracellular proteolysis,” BMC Cancer, vol. 16, no. 1, 2016.
- Sherry S. Collawn, James A. Mobley, N. Sanjib Banerjee, and Louise T. Chow, “Conditioned Media From Adipose-Derived Stromal Cells Accelerates Healing in 3-Dimensional Skin Cultures,” Annals of Plastic Surgery, vol. 76, no. 4, pp. 446–452, 2016.
- Wayne A. Schroder, Itaru Anraku, Thuy T. Le, Thiago D.C. Hirata, Helder I. Nakaya, Lee Major, Jonathan J. Ellis, and Andreas Suhrbier, “SerpinB2 Deficiency Results in a Stratum Corneum Defect and Increased Sensitivity to Topically Applied Inflammatory Agents,” The American Journal of Pathology, 2016.
- Christopher Fox, Pasquale Cocchiaro, Fiona Oakley, Rachel Howarth, Krystena Callaghan, Jack Leslie, Saimir Luli, Katrina M. Wood, Federica Genovese, Neil S. Sheerin, and Anna Moles, “Inhibition of lysosomal protease cathepsin D reduces renal fibrosis in murine chronic kidney disease,” Scientific Reports, vol. 6, pp. 20101, 2016.
- Niklas Kolbe, Jana Kat’uchová, Nikolaos Sfakianakis, Nadja Hellmann, and Mária Lukáčová-Medvid’ová, “A study on time discretization and adaptive mesh refinement methods for the simulation of cancer invasion: The urokinase model,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 273, pp. 353–376, 2016.
- R. Sulniute, Y. Shen, Y.-Z. Guo, M. Fallah, N. Ahlskog, L. Ny, O. Rakhimova, J. Broden, H. Boija, A. Moghaddam, J. Li, M. Wilczynska, and T. Ny, “Plasminogen is a critical regulator of cutaneous wound healing,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 115, no. 5, 2016.