- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 458571, 13 pages
Structure-Based Mechanism for Early PLP-Mediated Steps of Rabbit Cytosolic Serine Hydroxymethyltransferase Reaction
1Dipartimento di Scienze Biochimiche, Sapienza Università di Roma, 00185 Roma, Italy
2Center for the Study of Biological Complexity and Institute for Structural Biology and Drug Discovery, Richmond, VA 23284-2030, USA
3Department of Biochemistry and Institute of Structural Biology and Drug Discovery, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23219, USA
Received 6 June 2013; Accepted 26 June 2013
Academic Editor: Alessandro Paiardini
Copyright © 2013 Martino L. Di Salvo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Martino L. di Salvo, Soumya G. Remesh, Mirella Vivoli, Mohini S. Ghatge, Alessandro Paiardini, Simona D'Aguanno, Martin K. Safo, and Roberto Contestabile, “
On the catalytic mechanism and stereospecificity of
l-threonine aldolase ,” FEBS Journal, 2013.
- Nicholas M. Fleischman, Debanu Das, Abhinav Kumar, Qingping Xu, Hsiu-Ju Chiu, Lukasz Jaroszewski, Mark W. Knuth, Heath E. Klock, Mitchell D. Miller, Marc-André Elsliger, Adam Godzik, Scott A. Lesley, Ashley M. Deacon, Ian A. Wilson, and Michael D. Toney, “Molecular characterization of novel pyridoxal-5′-phosphate-dependent enzymes from the human microbiome,” Protein Science, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. 1060–1076, 2014.
- Chatchadaporn Pinthong, Somchart Maenpuen, Watcharee Amornwatcharapong, Yongyuth Yuthavong, Ubolsree Leartsakulpanich, and Pimchai Chaiyen, “ Distinct biochemical properties of human serine hydroxymethyltransferase compared with the Plasmodium enzyme: implications for selective inhibition ,” FEBS Journal, 2014.
- Ying Ma, Hernán Biava, Roberto Contestabile, Nediljko Budisa, and Martino di Salvo, “Coupling Bioorthogonal Chemistries with Artificial Metabolism: Intracellular Biosynthesis of Azidohomoalanine and Its Incorporation into Recombinant Proteins,” Molecules, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 1004–1022, 2014.
- Giorgio Giardina, Paolo Brunotti, Alessio Fiascarelli, Alessandra Cicalini, Mauricio G. S. Costa, Ashley M. Buckle, Martino L. di Salvo, Alessandra Giorgi, Marina Marani, Alessio Paone, Serena Rinaldo, Alessandro Paiardini, Roberto Contestabile, and Francesca Cutruzzolà, “How pyridoxal 5′-phosphate differentially regulates human cytosolic and mitochondrial serine hydroxymethyltransferase oligomeric state,” FEBS Journal, 2015.
- Soumya G. Remesh, Mohini S. Ghatge, Mostafa H. Ahmed, Faik N. Musayev, Amit Gandhi, Nadia Chowdhury, Martino L. di Salvo, Glen E. Kellogg, Roberto Contestabile, Verne Schirch, and Martin K. Safo, “Molecular Basis of E. coli L-Threonine Aldolase Catalytic Inactivation at Low pH,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Proteins and Proteomics, 2015.