- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 616810, 7 pages
Enhanced Transdermal Delivery of Diclofenac Sodium via Conventional Liposomes, Ethosomes, and Transfersomes
1Research Center for Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz 51664-14766, Iran
2Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz 51664-14766, Iran
3Student Research Committee, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz 51664-14766, Iran
4Department of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz 51664-14766, Iran
Received 29 April 2013; Revised 16 June 2013; Accepted 17 June 2013
Academic Editor: Ajit S. Narang
Copyright © 2013 Saeed Ghanbarzadeh and Sanam Arami. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [32 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Saeed Ghanbarzadeh, Sanam Arami, Zhaleh Pourmoazzen, and Arash Khorrami, “Improvement of the antiproliferative effect of Rapamycin on tumor cell lines by Poly (monomethylitaconate)-based pH-sensitive, plasma stable liposomes,” Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2013.
- Rita Muzzalupo, Lorena Tavano, Francesco Lai, and Nevio Picci, “Niosomes containing hydroxyl additives as percutaneous penetration enhancers: effect on the transdermal delivery of Sulfadiazine sodium salt,” Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2014.
- Saeed Ghanbarzadeh, Arash Khorrami, Leila Mohamed Khosroshahi, and Sanam Arami, “Fusogenic pH sensitive liposomal formulation for rapamycin: Improvement of antiproliferative effect,” Pharmaceutical Biology, vol. 52, no. 7, pp. 848–854, 2014.
- Sutapa Barua, and Samir Mitragotri, “Challenges associated with penetration of nanoparticles across cell and tissue barriers: A review of current status and future prospects,” Nano Today, 2014.
- Madalena Martins, Nuno G. Azoia, Ulyana Shimanovich, Teresa Matamá, Andreia C. Gomes, Carla Silva, and Artur Cavaco-Paulo, “Design of Novel BSA/Hyaluronic Acid Nanodispersions for Transdermal Pharma Purposes,” Molecular Pharmaceutics, pp. 140401103550008, 2014.
- Zora Palac, André Engesland, Gøril Eide Flaten, Nataša Škalko-Basnet, Jelena Filipović-Grčić, and Željka Vanić, “ Liposomes for (trans)dermal drug delivery: the skin-PVPA as a novel in vitro stratum corneum model in formulation development ,” Journal of Liposome Research, pp. 1–10, 2014.
- Yosra S.R. Elnaggar, Wessam M. El-Refaie, Magda A. El-Massik, and Ossama Y. Abdallah, “Lecithin-Based Nanostructured Gels for Skin Delivery: An update on State of Art and Recent Applications,” Journal of Controlled Release, 2014.
- Saeed Ghanbarzadeh, Arash Khorrami, and Sanam Arami, “Nonionic surfactant-based vesicular system for transdermal drug delivery,” Drug Delivery, pp. 1–7, 2014.
- Kaisar Raza, Manish Kumar, Pramod Kumar, Ruchi Malik, Gajanand Sharma, Manmeet Kaur, and O. P. Katare, “Topical Delivery of Aceclofenac: Challenges and Promises of Novel Drug Delivery Systems,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–11, 2014.
- Asgar Ali, Nitin Kumar, Abdul Ahad, Mohd. Aqil, and Yasmin Sultana, “Enhanced delivery of diclofenac diethylamine loaded Eudragit RL 100 (R) transdermal system against inflammation,” Journal Of Polymer Engineering, vol. 35, no. 7, pp. 699–708, 2015.
- Giuseppina Ioele, Lorena Tavano, Michele De Luca, Gaetano Ragno, Nevio Picci, and Rita Muzzalupo, “Photostability And Ex-Vivo Permeation Studies On Diclofenac In Topical Niosomal Formulations,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 2015.
- Ming-Jun Tsai, Yaw-Bin Huang, Jhih-Wun Fang, Yaw-Syan Fu, and Pao-Chu Wu, “Preparation and Characterization of Naringenin-Loaded Elastic Liposomes for Topical Application,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 7, 2015.
- Dena Tila, Saeed Ghasemi, Seyedeh Narjes Yazdani-Arazi, and Saeed Ghanbarzadeh, “Functional liposomes in the cancer-targeted drug delivery,” Journal Of Biomaterials Applications, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 3–16, 2015.
- Saeed Ghanbarzadeh, Arash Khorrami, Zhaleh Pourmoazzen, and Sanam Arami, “Plasma stable, pH-sensitive non-ionic surfactant vesicles simultaneously enhance antiproliferative effect and selectivity of Sirolimus,” Pharmaceutical Development And Technology, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 279–287, 2015.
- Abdulaziz M. Al-mahallawi, Aly A. Abdelbary, and Mona H. Aburahma, “Investigating the potential of employing bilosomes as a novel vesicular carrier for transdermal delivery of tenoxicam,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 485, no. 1-2, pp. 329–340, 2015.
- Sumaira Naeem, Lik Voon Kiew, Lip Yong Chung, Vicit Rizal Eh Suk, Asif Mahmood, and Misni Bin Misran, “Optimization of Phospholipid Nanoparticle Formulations Using Response Surface Methodology,” Journal of Surfactants and Detergents, 2015.
- Soraya Babaie, Saeed Ghanbarzadeh, Soodabeh Davaran, Maryam Kouhsoltani, and Hamed Hamishehkar, “Nanoethosomes for Dermal Delivery of Lidocaine,” Advanced Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 549–556, 2015.
- Santosh Bashyal, and Sangkil Lee, “Delivery of biopharmaceuticals using combination of liposome and iontophoresis: a review,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Investigation, 2015.
- Ahmed A. H. Abdellatif, and Hesham M. Tawfeek, “Transfersomal Nanoparticles for Enhanced Transdermal Delivery of Clindamycin,” AAPS PharmSciTech, 2015.
- Maha Fadel M. Ali, Heba F. Salem, Hany F. Abdelmohsen, and Sameh K. Attia, “Preparation and clinical evaluation of nano-transferosomes for treatment of erectile dysfunction,” Drug Design Development and Therapy, vol. 9, pp. 2431–2447, 2015.
- Pallavi Krishna Shetty, Venkatesh Venuvanka, Hitesh Vitthal Jagani, Gejjalagere Honnappa Chethan, Virendra S. Ligade, Prashant B. Musmade, Usha Y. Nayak, Meka Sreenivasa Reddy, Guruprasad Kalthur, Nayanabhirama Udupa, Chamallamudi Mallikarjuna Rao, and Srinivas Mutalik, “Development and evaluation of sunscreen creams containing morin-encapsulated nanoparticles for enhanced UV radiation protection and antioxidant activi,” International Journal Of Nanomedicine, vol. 10, pp. 6477–6491, 2015.
- Tzung-Han Chou, “Current Application of Lipid- and Surfactant-based Vesicles for Cosmeceuticals: A Review,” Current Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 1035–1044, 2015.
- Zeljka Vanic, Ann-Mari Holsaeter, and Natasa Skalko-Basnet, “(Phospho)lipid-based Nanosystems for Skin Administration,” Current Pharmaceutical Design, vol. 21, no. 29, pp. 4174–4192, 2015.
- Hinda Dabboue, Nicolas Builles, Éric Frouin, Dan Scott, Jeanne Ramos, and Gilberte Marti-Mestres, “ Assessing the Impact of Mechanical Damage on Full-Thickness Porcine and Human Skin Using an In Vitro Approach ,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–10, 2015.
- Pablo García-Manrique, María Matos, Gemma Gutiérrez, Oscar R. Estupiñán, María Carmen Blanco-López, and Carmen Pazos, “Using Factorial Experimental Design To Prepare Size-Tuned Nanovesicles,” Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 2016.
- Ai-Ho Liao, Huan-Yu Chung, Wen-Shiang Chen, and Ming-Kung Yeh, “Efficacy of Combined Ultrasound-and-Microbubbles-Mediated Diclofenac Gel Delivery to Enhance Transdermal Permeation in Adjuvant-induced Rheumatoid Arthritis in the Rat,” Ultrasound in Medicine & Biology, 2016.
- Ana Catarina Menezes, Patrícia Mazureki Campos, Carla Euletério, Sandra Simões, Fabíola Silva Garcia Praça, Maria Vitória Lopes Badra Bentley, and Andreia Ascenso, “Development and Characterization of Novel 1-(1-Naphthyl)piperazine-loaded Lipid Vesicles for Prevention of UV-induced Skin Inflammation,” European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, 2016.
- Neetu Saini, Rupinder Kaur Sodhi, Lotika Bajaj, Ravi Shankar Pandey, Upendra Kumar Jain, Om Prakash Katare, and Jitender Madan, “Intravaginal administration of metformin hydrochloride loaded cationic niosomes amalgamated with thermosensitive gel for the treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome: in vitro and in vivo studies,” Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2016.
- Mohd. Kamran, Abdul Ahad, Mohd. Aqil, Syed Sarim Imam, Yasmin Sultana, and Asgar Ali, “Design, formulation and optimization of novel soft nano-carriers for transdermal olmesartan medoxomil delivery: In vitro characterization and in vivo pharmacokinetic assessment,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 2016.
- Aranya Manosroi, Theeraphong Tangjai, Chanutchamon Sutthiwanjampa, Worapaka Manosroi, Rolf G. Werner, Friedrich Götz, Mathukorn Sainakham, and Jiradej Manosroi, “Hypoglycemic activity and stability enhancement of human insulin–tat mixture loaded in elastic anionic niosomes,” Drug Delivery, pp. 1–11, 2016.
- Eline Desmet, Stefanie Bracke, Katrien Forier, Lien Taevernier, Marc C.A. Stuart, Bart De Spiegeleer, Koen Raemdonck, Mireille Van Gele, and Jo Lambert, “An elastic liposomal formulation for RNAi-based topical treatment of skin disorders: proof-of-concept in the treatment of psoriasis,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 2016.
- N. Grimaldi, F. Andrade, N. Segovia, L. Ferrer-Tasies, S. Sala, J. Veciana, and N. Ventosa, “Lipid-based nanovesicles for nanomedicine,” Chem. Soc. Rev., 2016.