- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 278059, 9 pages
Lack of Intestinal Epithelial Atg7 Affects Paneth Cell Granule Formation but Does Not Compromise Immune Homeostasis in the Gut
1Medical Clinic 1, Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
2Department of Nephropathology, Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Received 14 June 2011; Revised 26 September 2011; Accepted 3 October 2011
Academic Editor: Ana Maria Caetano Faria
Copyright © 2012 Nadine Wittkopf et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [18 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Johanna Pott, and Mathias Hornef, “Innate immune signalling at the intestinal epithelium in homeostasis and disease,” EMBO reports, vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 684–698, 2012.
- Sandra Cabrera, Álvaro F. Fernández, Guillermo Mariño, Alina Aguirre, María F. Suárez, Yaiza Español, José A. Vega, Rosaria Laurà, Antonio Fueyo, M. Soledad Fernández-García, José M.P. Freije, Guido Kroemer, and Carlos López-Otín, “ATG4B/autophagin-1 regulates intestinal homeostasis and protects mice from experimental colitis,” Autophagy, vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 1188–1200, 2013.
- Heidemarie Rossiter, Ulrich König, Caterina Barresi, Maria Buchberger, Minoo Ghannadan, Cheng-Feng Zhang, Veronika Mlitz, Ramona Gmeiner, Supawadee Sukseree, Dagmar Födinger, Leopold Eckhart, and Erwin Tschachler, “Epidermal keratinocytes form a functional skin barrier in the absence of Atg7 dependent autophagy,” Journal of Dermatological Science, 2013.
- Matthew T. Sorbara, Lisa K. Ellison, Mahendrasingh Ramjeet, Leonardo H. Travassos, Nicola L. Jones, Stephen E. Girardin, and Dana J. Philpott, “The Protein ATG16L1 Suppresses Inflammatory Cytokines Induced by the Intracellular Sensors Nod1 and Nod2 in an Autophagy-Independent Manner,” Immunity, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 858–873, 2013.
- Yujing Bi, Ruoning Wang, Xianghui Wang, and Guangwei Liu, “Self-eating and self-defense: autophagy controls innate immunity and adaptive immunity,” Journal Of Leukocyte Biology, vol. 93, no. 4, pp. 511–519, 2013.
- Allan M. Mowat, and William W. Agace, “Regional specialization within the intestinal immune system,” Nature Reviews Immunology, 2014.
- Claudia Günther, Barbara Buchen, Markus F. Neurath, and Christoph Becker, “Regulation and pathophysiological role of epithelial turnover in the gut,” Seminars in Cell & Developmental Biology, 2014.
- Elisabeth Kernbauer, and Ken Cadwell, “Autophagy, viruses, and intestinal immunity,” Current Opinion in Gastroenterology, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 539–546, 2014.
- Ying Yang, Wei Li, Yuli Sun, Feng Han, Chien-An A. Hu, and Zhenlong Wu, “Amino acid deprivation disrupts barrier function and induces protective autophagy in intestinal porcine epithelial cells,” Amino Acids, 2014.
- Jianhua Xiong, “Atg7 in development and disease: panacea or Pandora’s Box?,” Protein & Cell, 2015.
- Koichiro Tsuboi, Mayo Nishitani, Atsushi Takakura, Yasuyuki Imai, Masaaki Komatsu, and Hiroto Kawashima, “Autophagy Protects against Colitis by the Maintenance of Normal Gut Microflora and Secretion of Mucus,” Journal Of Biological Chemistry, vol. 290, no. 33, pp. 20511–20526, 2015.
- Jessica L Doerner, Jing Wen, Yumin Xia, Karin Blecher Paz, David Schairer, Lan Wu, Samantha A Chalmers, Peter Izmirly, Jennifer S Michaelson, Linda C Burkly, Adam J Friedman, and Chaim Putterman, “TWEAK/Fn14 Signaling Involvement in the Pathogenesis of Cutaneous Disease in the MRL/lpr Model of Spontaneous Lupus,” Journal of Investigative Dermatology, 2015.
- Saori R. Yoshii, Akiko Kuma, Takumi Akashi, Taichi Hara, Atsushi Yamamoto, Yoshitaka Kurikawa, Eisuke Itakura, Satoshi Tsukamoto, Hiroshi Shitara, Yoshinobu Eishi, and Noboru Mizushima, “Systemic Analysis of Atg5-Null Mice Rescued from Neonatal Lethality by Transgenic ATG5 Expression in Neurons,” Developmental Cell, 2016.
- Judith Somekh, Mor Peleg, Alal Eran, Itay Koren, Ariel Feiglin, Alik Demishtein, Ruth Shiloh, Monika Heiner, Sek Won Kong, Zvulun Elazar, and Isaac Kohane, “A Model-driven methodology for exploring complex disease comorbidities applied to autism spectrum disorder and inflammatory bowel disease,” Journal of Biomedical Informatics, 2016.
- Kamran B Lankarani, Masood Sepehrimanesh, Fatemeh Seghatoleslami, Seyed Ebrahim Hoseini, and Saeed Ghavami, “Autophagy-related protein 7 level in patients with ulcerative colitis,” Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, pp. 1–1, 2016.
- Abigail B. Podany, Justin Wright, Regina Lamendella, David I. Soybel, and Shannon L. Kelleher, “ZnT2-Mediated Zinc Import Into Paneth Cell Granules Is Necessary for Coordinated Secretion and Paneth Cell Function in Mice,” CMGH Cellular and Molecular Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 2016.
- Sergio Comincini, Federico Manai, Cristina Meazza, Sara Pagani, Carolina Martinelli, Noemi Pasqua, Gloria Pelizzo, Marco Biggiogera, and Mauro Bozzola, “Identification of Autophagy-Related Genes and Their Regulatory miRNAs Associated with Celiac Disease in Children,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 391, 2017.
- Ping Ke, Bo-Zong Shao, Zhe-Qi Xu, Xiong-Wen Chen, and Chong Liu, “Intestinal Autophagy and Its Pharmacological Control in Inflammatory Bowel Disease,” Frontiers in Immunology, vol. 7, 2017.