- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 289752, 6 pages
Improving Light Outcoupling Efficiency for OLEDs with Microlens Array Fabricated on Transparent Substrate
State Key Laboratory of Electronic Thin Films and Integrated Devices, School of Optoelectronic Information, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Chengdu, Sichuan 610054, China
Received 23 October 2013; Accepted 23 December 2013; Published 12 January 2014
Academic Editor: Wen Lei
Copyright © 2014 Jun Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. H. Han, Y. Lee, M. R. Choi et al., “Extremely efficient flexible organic light-emitting diodes with modified graphene anode,” Nature Photonics, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 105–110, 2012.
- W. J. Hyun, S. H. Im, O. O. Park, and B. D. Chin, “Corrugated structure through a spin-coating process for enhanced light extraction from organic light-emitting diodes,” Organic Electronics, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 579–585, 2012.
- Y. H. Ho, K. Y. Chen, K. Y. Peng, M. C. Tsai, W. C. Tian, and P. K. Wei, “Enhanced light out-coupling of organic light-emitting diode using metallic nanomesh electrodes and microlens array,” Optics Express, vol. 21, no. 7, pp. 8535–8543, 2013.
- S. W. Liu, J. X. Wang, Y. Divayana et al., “An efficient non-Lambertian organic light-emitting diode using imprinted submicron-size zinc oxide pillar arrays,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 102, Article ID 053305, 2013.
- Z. B. Wang, M. G. Helander, J. Qiu et al., “Unlocking the full potential of organic light-emitting diodes on flexible plastic,” Nature Photonics, vol. 5, no. 12, pp. 753–757, 2011.
- Y. Sun and S. R. Forrest, “Enhanced light out-coupling of organic light-emitting devices using embedded low-index grids,” Nature Photonics, vol. 2, no. 8, pp. 483–487, 2008.
- T. W. Koh, J. M. Choi, S. Lee, and S. Yoo, “Optical outcoupling enhancement in organic light-emitting diodes: highly conductive polymer as a low-index layer on microstructured ITO electrodes,” Advanced Materials, vol. 22, no. 16, pp. 1849–1853, 2010.
- Y. G. Bi, J. Feng, Y. F. Li et al., “Enhanced efficiency of organic light-emitting devices with metallic electrodes by integrating periodically corrugated structure,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 100, Article ID 053304, 2012.
- S.-H. Cho, Y.-W. Song, J.-G. Lee et al., “Weak-microcavity organic light-emitting diodes with improved light out-coupling,” Optics Express, vol. 16, no. 17, pp. 12632–12639, 2008.
- C.-L. Lin, T.-Y. Cho, C.-H. Chang, and C.-C. Wu, “Enhancing light outcoupling of organic light-emitting devices by locating emitters around the second antinode of the reflective metal electrode,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 88, Article ID 081114, 2006.
- W. H. Koo, S. M. Jeong, F. Araoka et al., “Light extraction from organic light-emitting diodes enhanced by spontaneously formed buckles,” Nature Photonics, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 222–226, 2010.
- Y. R. Do, Y. C. Kim, Y. W. Song et al., “Enhanced light extraction from organic light-emitting diodes with 2D SiO2/SiNx photonic crystals,” Advanced Materials, vol. 15, no. 14, pp. 1214–1218, 2003.
- W. Xu and Y. Li, “The effect of anisotropy on light extraction of organic light-emitting diodes with photonic crystal structure,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2013, Article ID 969120, 6 pages, 2013.
- K. Saxena, D. S. Mehta, V. K. Rai, R. Srivastava, G. Chauhan, and M. N. Kamalasanan, “Implementation of anti-reflection coating to enhance light out-coupling in organic light-emitting devices,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 128, no. 3, pp. 525–530, 2008.
- T. Bocksrocker, J. Hoffmann, C. Eschenbaum, et al., “Micro-spherically textured organic light emitting diodes: a simple way towards highly increased light extraction,” Organic Electronics, vol. 14, pp. 396–401, 2013.
- W. K. Huang, W. S. Wang, H. C. Kan, and F. C. Chen, “Enhanced light out-coupling efficiency of OLEDs with self-organized microlens arrays,” SID Symposium Digest of Technical Papers, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 961–963, 2006.
- H. J. Peng, Y. L. Ho, C. F. Qiu, M. Wong, and H. S. Kwok, “Coupling efficiency enhancement of organic light emitting devices with refractive microlens array on high index glass substrate,” SID Symposium Digest of Technical Papers, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 158–161, 2004.
- F. Galeotti, W. Mróz, G. U. Scavia, and C. Botta, “Microlens arrays for light extraction enhancement in organic light-emitting diodes: a facile approach,” Organic Electronics, vol. 14, pp. 212–218, 2013.
- J. Lim, S. S. Oh, D. Y. Kim et al., “Enhanced out-coupling factor of microcavity organic light-emitting devices with irregular microlens array,” Optics Express, vol. 14, no. 14, pp. 6564–6571, 2006.
- N. Guo, W. D. Hu, X. S. Chen, et al., “Investigation of radiation collection by InSb infrared focal-plane arrays with micro-optic structures,” Journal of Electronic Materials, vol. 42, pp. 3181–3185, 2013.
- N. Guo, W. D. Hu, X. S. Chen, C. Meng, Y. Q. Lv, and W. Lu, “Optimization of microlenses for InSb infrared focal-plane arrays,” Journal of Electronic Materials, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 1647–1650, 2011.
- N. Guo, W. D. Hu, X. S. Chen, et al., “Optimization for mid-wavelength InSb infrared focal plane arrays under front-side illumination,” Optical and Quantum Electronics, vol. 45, pp. 673–679, 2013.
- H. Peng, Y. L. Ho, X.-J. Yu, M. Wong, and H.-S. Kwok, “Coupling efficiency enhancement in organic light-emitting devices using microlens array—theory and experiment,” IEEE Journal of Display Technology, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 278–282, 2005.
- S. Mladenovski, K. Neyts, D. Pavicic, A. Werner, and C. Othe, “Exceptionally efficient organic light emitting devices using high refractive index substrates,” Optics Express, vol. 17, no. 9, pp. 7562–7570, 2009.