- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 471718, 4 pages
Strain Distribution of Au and Ag Nanoparticles Embedded in Al2O3 Thin Film
1Laboratory of Nanomaterials and Sensors, School of Physics, Electronics and Communication, Jiangxi Normal University, Nanchang, Jiangxi 330022, China
2Institute of Microelectronics and Information Technology, Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei 430072, China
Received 24 November 2013; Accepted 3 December 2013; Published 5 January 2014
Academic Editor: Wen Lei
Copyright © 2014 Honghua Huang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J.-H. Liu, A.-Q. Wang, Y.-S. Chi, H.-P. Lin, and C.-Y. Mou, “Synergistic effect in an Au-Ag alloy nanocatalyst: CO oxidation,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 1, pp. 40–43, 2005.
- P. Mulvaney, “Surface plasmon spectroscopy of nanosized metal particles,” Langmuir, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 788–800, 1996.
- C. L. Yuan, P. S. Lee, and S. L. Ye, “Formation, photoluminescence and charge storage characteristics of Au nanocrystals embedded in amorphous Al2O3 matrix,” Europhysics Letters, vol. 80, no. 6, Article ID 67003, 2007.
- X. F. Luo, C. L. Yuan, and Z. R. Zhang, “Synthesis, photoluminescence and charge storage characteristics of isolated silver nanocrystals embedded in Al2O3 gate dielectric,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 516, no. 21, pp. 7675–7679, 2008.
- C. L. Yuan, S. L. Ye, B. Xu, and W. Lei, “Strain induced tetragonal SrTiO3 nanoparticles at room temperature,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 101, no. 7, Article ID 071909, 2012.
- C. L. Yuan, Q. Liu, and B. Xu, “Strain-induced structural phase transition of Si nanoparticles,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 115, no. 33, pp. 16374–16377, 2011.
- K. H. Huebner, D. L. Dewhirst, D. E. Smith, and T. G. Byrom, The Finite Element Method for Engineers, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- J. Grönqvist, N. Søndergaard, F. Boxberg, T. Guhr, S. Åberg, and H. Q. Xu, “Strain in semiconductor core-shell nanowires,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 106, no. 5, Article ID 053508, 2009.
- D. Barettin, S. Madsen, B. Lassen, and M. Willatzen, “Comparison of wurtzite atomistic and piezoelectric continuum strain models: implications for the electronic band structure,” Superlattices and Microstructures, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 134–138, 2010.
- C. L. Johnson, E. Snoeck, M. Ezcurdia et al., “Effects of elastic anisotropy on strain distributions in decahedral gold nanoparticles,” Nature Materials, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 120–124, 2008.
- Z. W. Shan, G. Adesso, A. Cabot et al., “Ultrahigh stress and strain in hierarchically structured hollow nanoparticles,” Nature Materials, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 947–952, 2008.
- L. T. Sun, A. V. Krasheninnikov, T. Ahlgren, K. Nordlund, and F. Banhart, “Plastic deformation of single nanometer-sized crystals,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 101, no. 15, Article ID 156101, 2008.
- M. F. Ashby and D. R. H. Jones, Engineering Materials, vol. 1, Pergamon, Oxford, UK, 1980.
- H. Hofmeister, M. Dubiel, H. Goj, and S. Thiel, “Microstructural investigation of colloidal silver embedded in glass,” Journal of Microscopy, vol. 177, no. 3, pp. 331–336, 1995.
- V. V. Voronkov and R. Falster, “Strain-induced transformation of amorphous spherical precipitates into platelets: application to oxide particles in silicon,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 89, no. 11, pp. 5965–5971, 2001.