- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Obesity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 180176, 9 pages
Overweight Adolescents’ Self-Perceived Weight and Weight Control Behaviour: HBSC Study in Finland 1994–2010
Department of Health Sciences, Research Center for Health Promotion, University of Jyväskylä, P.O. Box 35, 40014 Jyväskylä, Finland
Received 4 November 2011; Revised 15 February 2012; Accepted 26 March 2012
Academic Editor: Pedro J. Teixeira
Copyright © 2012 Kristiina Ojala et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Pedro J. Teixeira, Jutta Mata, Geoffrey C. Williams, Amy A. Gorin, and Simone Lemieux, “Self-Regulation, Motivation, and Psychosocial Factors in Weight Management,” Journal of Obesity, vol. 2012, pp. 1–4, 2012.
- A. N. Jeffery, B. S. Metcalf, J. Hosking, M. B. A. Mostazir, L. D. Voss, and T. J. Wilkin, “Awareness of body weight by mothers and their children: repeated measures in a single cohort (EarlyBird 64),” Child: Care, Health and Development, 2014.
- Ann Frisén, and Linda Anneheden, “Changes in 10-year-old children's body esteem: A time-lag study between 2000 and 2010,” Scandinavian Journal of Psychology, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 123–129, 2014.
- Jolanda S. Van Vliet, Leena Rasanen, Per A Gustafsson, and Nina Nelson, “Overweight perception among adolescent girls in relation to appearance of female characteristics,” Paediatrics and Health, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1, 2014.
- Js van Vliet, Pa Gustafsson, K Duchen, and N Nelson, “Social inequality and age-specific gender differences in overweight and perception of overweight among Swedish children and adolescents: a cross-sectional study,” BMC Public Health, vol. 15, no. 1, 2015.
- Marie-Christine Brault, Annie Aimé, Catherine Bégin, Pierre Valois, and Wendy Craig, “Heterogeneity of sex-stratified BMI trajectories in children from 8 to 14years old,” Physiology & Behavior, 2015.
- Svenja Hoffmann, and Petra Warschburger, “Körperbild bei adipösen Kindern und Jugendlichen,” Psychotherapeut, 2015.
- Karolina Zarychta, Barbara Mullan, and Aleksandra Luszczynska, “Am I Overweight? A Longitudinal Study on Parental and Peers Weight-Related Perceptions on Dietary Behaviors and Weight Status Among Adolescents,” Frontiers in Psychology, vol. 7, 2016.
- Inger M. Oellingrath, Ingebjorg Hestetun, and Martin V. Svendsen, “Gender-specific association of weight perception and appearance satisfaction with slimming attempts and eating patterns in a sample of young Norwegian,” Public Health Nutrition, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 265–274, 2016.