About this Journal
Aims and scope
The Journal of Nanotechnology publishes papers in all areas related to the science and technology of nanosized and nanostructured materials, with a special emphasis on their design, characterization, functionality, and preparation for implementation in systems and devices. The journal is naturally multidisciplinary, and welcomes submissions across biological, physical, engineering, and computer sciences. Contributions from both academia and industry are equally encouraged.
Through experimental, theoretical, computational, or a combination of these approaches, authors deliver new understanding in aspects of nanoscience, nanoengineering, and nanotechnology. Published work must have a view to developing materials for practical use, for example in manufacturing and engineering, computer technologies, medicine, energy generation and storage, or environmental sustainability solutions. The journal also publishes innovative techniques and instrumentation for the fabrication, characterization and testing of nano-enabled devices and technologies, as well as advanced modelling and simulation methods.
The nanomaterials covered range from hard (inorganic) materials, through soft (polymeric and biological) materials, to hybrid materials and nanocomposites, and include:
- Nanoparticles and nanocrystals
- Nanostructured and nanoarchitectured materials
- Nanocarbons (e.g. carbon dots, graphene, nanotubes, fullerenes)
- 2D materials (e.g. flat allotropes, planar extended compounds, TMDCs, MXenes)
- Self-assemblies and directed assemblies of molecules and nanoparticles
- Films, membranes, coatings, surfaces, and interfacial materials
- Nanoporous and mesoporous materials
- Soft matter (e.g. biomaterials, polymers, aerogels, foams, granular matter)
- Hierarchical structures and molecular-particle networks
- Inorganic-organic hybrids and nanocomposites
- Nanoceramics, metals, and alloys
Devices and applications include, but are not limited to, the following categories:
- Chemical, petrochemical, and pharmaceutical technologies
- Catalysis, sensing, separation science, and membrane reactors
- Energy conversion and storage (e.g. solar cells, energy harvesting, batteries)
- Electronics, photonics, and magnetics
- Food, biological, medicinal, and drug development
- Green and sustainable practices and remediation
- Engineering applications (e.g. building, transportation, telecommunications)
- Nuclear, aerospace, military, and national defence and security technologies
The Journal of Nanotechnology also publishes focused review articles that examine the state of the art, identify emerging trends, and suggest future directions for developing fields.
ISSN: 1687-9503 (Print)
ISSN: 1687-9511 (Online)
Journal Title History
- Journal of Nanotechnology 2009–Current
- Research Letters in Nanotechnology 2008–2009 (Merged)
Journal of Nanotechnology is an open access journal. All articles are immediately available to read and reuse upon publication. More information about our Open Access policy can be found on our copyright page.