About this Journal
Aims and scope
Science and Technology of Nuclear Installations is an international scientific journal that aims to make available knowledge on issues related to the nuclear industry and to promote development in the area of nuclear sciences and technologies. The endeavour associated with the establishment and the growth of the journal is expected to lend support to the renaissance of nuclear technology in the world and especially in those countries where nuclear programs have not yet been developed.
The Journal is addressed to designers of nuclear reactor and utilities, regulatory bodies, as well as to researchers in government and academic institutions.
The Journal seeks to cover industrial applications of nuclear technology and related disciplines, i.e. from mining to waste and incineration, embracing the design, operation and decommissioning of power plants, research reactors and special purpose reactors including sub-critical facilities, as well as the industrial use of radioisotopes. Papers are expected to focus on key aspects of industrial applications, including quality assurance, liability, safeguards, international cooperation, as well as training and management issues. Results of experiments that are relevant for nuclear reactor safety and design are also of interest. Science and Technology of Nuclear Installations publishes original scientific and technical papers in areas such as:
- Mining and milling of uranium;
- Fuel cycle management and related industrial installations;
- Fuel performance;
- Design and construction of nuclear power plants and research reactors;
- Control and operation of nuclear power plants and research reactors;
- Safety and licensing issues for nuclear power plants and research reactors;
- Transport of radioactive material;
- Waste and repository design and management;
- Decommissioning of nuclear installations;
- Instrumentation in nuclear installations;
- Conventional aspects related to nuclear installations;
- Innovative nuclear technologies;
- Innovative computational and numerical methods.
The Editorial Board will evaluate and classify the submitted manuscripts according to their originality and scientific and ethical content.
ISSN: 1687-6075 (Print)
ISSN: 1687-6083 (Online)
Science and Technology of Nuclear Installations was founded in 2007 by Professor Francesco D'Auria who served as the Editor-in-Chief of the journal between 2007 and 2011.
Science and Technology of Nuclear Installations is an open access journal. All articles are immediately available to read and reuse upon publication. More information about our Open Access policy can be found on our copyright page.